IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kublaikahn

Silver
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:47 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby kublaikahn » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:50 pm

chrisnashville wrote:That's the most likely outcome, for sure. I'm still waiting on Tim Hightower to have his breakout year.

:lol: Thats hilarious. Just so you know, the last time I won a league Thurman Thomas was my star back. I suck. All heart, no head.

Whose gonna be commish? Not it.

User avatar
zla2014

Bronze
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby zla2014 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:17 pm

twairlines wrote:I heard comparisons of Newton to J Russsel, but to compare him to A. Smith deprives him of even being respected as a human being!! Yeah, Newton prob. is that bad; on John Gruden's QB Camp he said Newton couldn't even comprehend some of the basic universal terms that are used. I agree, throw Nnamdi on one of the highly covered East Coast teams and people would be calling him #1. BTW zla2014, you said after our first year when we are able to watch a game....this guy right here will bomb out his first year before he passes up watching the Vikings every week. I feel the others would agree with this statement in regards to their teams as well....now I just need to find a good sports bar that carries all the games.


I understand you guys and your football...that's the same way I am with my True Blood. Good thing it's on in the summertime though! :)

User avatar
twairlines

Bronze
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby twairlines » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:21 pm

zla2014 wrote:
I understand you guys and your football...that's the same way I am with my True Blood. Good thing it's on in the summertime though! :)



Yea my sister watches that garbage...ok, it's not really- oh wait yes it really is garbage haha.

Hopefully there's some big packet on it's way in the mail.

Yeah, with cookies

User avatar
zla2014

Bronze
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby zla2014 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:21 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:Zla, I accepted almost a month ago and haven't got my log-in info yet. Which is still making me a bit nervous, but it sounds like we aren't missing out.

And +1 to the chicken wings thing. I am all about football season for two reason: chicken wings and beer.


:)

User avatar
chrisnashville

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:46 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby chrisnashville » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:22 pm

I can volunteer for commish. We'll just have to all remember our commitments come orientation :D Commitments to this league, that is, not our studies. Clearly.

User avatar
zla2014

Bronze
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby zla2014 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:22 pm

twairlines wrote:
zla2014 wrote:
I understand you guys and your football...that's the same way I am with my True Blood. Good thing it's on in the summertime though! :)



Yea my sister watches that garbage...ok, it's not really- oh wait yes it really is garbage haha.

Hopefully there's some big packet on it's way in the mail.

Yeah, with cookies



Men just don't understand...lol

User avatar
Justathought

Silver
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby Justathought » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:37 pm

Waitlisted today. One of my last outstanding applications. I doubt they'll pull me off the list since everyone says IUB is super over enrolled, but perhaps they'll need an extra Puerto Rican at some point. :|

lsatextreme

Silver
Posts: 532
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:18 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby lsatextreme » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:43 pm

justathought, can i ask when your letter was dated/sent? Was it sent on Monday? I'm at work so I can't check my mail until later this evening, and they said mine was sent out on Monday so I'm trying to see if it'll be a reject or a WL...

User avatar
Justathought

Silver
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby Justathought » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:44 pm

lsatextreme wrote:justathought, can i ask when your letter was dated/sent? Was it sent on Monday? I'm at work so I can't check my mail until later this evening, and they said mine was sent out on Monday so I'm trying to see if it'll be a reject or a WL...


No problem. The letter is dated April 14th.

lsatextreme

Silver
Posts: 532
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:18 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby lsatextreme » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:55 pm

oic thank you.

User avatar
twairlines

Bronze
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby twairlines » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Won't be around for few days, so here is to happy early Easter to all, no matter how/if you celebrate it!!

User avatar
aquasalad

Bronze
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:18 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby aquasalad » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:22 pm

Happy Easter

shastaca

New
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:00 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby shastaca » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:28 pm

They wanted 200 they've got 220 or so.

cmu2011

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:27 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby cmu2011 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:45 am

So I guess I won't get accepted. I didn't get anything from the school yet..

User avatar
Justathought

Silver
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby Justathought » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:27 am

Lsatextreme, I pulled my wait list envelop out of the trash. Its postmarked the 18th, and the letter, like I mentioned, was dated the 14th. Perhaps you were waitlisted as well. Either way, I'm not very optimistic about my chance for admission, but you never know. :wink:

lsatextreme

Silver
Posts: 532
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:18 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby lsatextreme » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:27 pm

Justathought wrote:Lsatextreme, I pulled my wait list envelop out of the trash. Its postmarked the 18th, and the letter, like I mentioned, was dated the 14th. Perhaps you were waitlisted as well. Either way, I'm not very optimistic about my chance for admission, but you never know. :wink:


oh ok thank you so much! I haven't had the opportunity to check my mail this weekend so I'll report back tonight!

penelopeclearwater

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:54 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby penelopeclearwater » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:52 pm

Do you guys mind sharing your stats? Bloomington is the last school I am waiting to hear from and I want to know what my chances are of even getting waitlisted at this point...

And I guess my next question is if anyone knows how common it is to be pulled off the waitlist during the summer?

lsatextreme

Silver
Posts: 532
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:18 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby lsatextreme » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:54 am

Justathought wrote:Lsatextreme, I pulled my wait list envelop out of the trash. Its postmarked the 18th, and the letter, like I mentioned, was dated the 14th. Perhaps you were waitlisted as well. Either way, I'm not very optimistic about my chance for admission, but you never know. :wink:


hmm i checked my mail today and it's not here...i would have guessed if it was postmarked on the 18th and sent from indiana, then it would have arrived in CA by today at the latest, but maybe when the guy said it went out on the 18th, the letter was actually dated then? oh well...

starlaw89

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby starlaw89 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:01 am

i have yet to receive a response from IU. anyone else in the same boat? when i called they said i should receive a decision in the next few weeks....?!

tlabrum3

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby tlabrum3 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:00 am

shastaca wrote:They wanted 200 they've got 220 or so.


They're actually shooting for the 180's.

User avatar
JamMasterJ

Platinum
Posts: 6657
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:37 pm

starlaw89 wrote:i have yet to receive a response from IU. anyone else in the same boat? when i called they said i should receive a decision in the next few weeks....?!

yeah, I heard it should be pretty soon about two weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

User avatar
aknecht

Bronze
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:10 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby aknecht » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:43 am

finally heard back yesterday.... flat out reject.

kimheami

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:17 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby kimheami » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:40 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
starlaw89 wrote:i have yet to receive a response from IU. anyone else in the same boat? when i called they said i should receive a decision in the next few weeks....?!

yeah, I heard it should be pretty soon about two weeks ago and haven't heard anything.


yea i have yet to hear back from them. i sent my application 1/31 so i'm getting a bit annoyed with waiting so long. but with everyone saying that they are overextended, i am surprised that they aren't just sending out a bunch of rejections. Do a lot of people drop out of the class over the summer as they get into other schools?
Also if i haven't heard back from them should i expect that it will not be possible for me to get any money from them?

User avatar
stephan75th

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:24 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby stephan75th » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:53 pm

columbia86 wrote:
beidoun wrote:
stephan75th wrote:
chrisnashville wrote:So it's pretty clear we need to do a fantasy football league, yes?


I'm in


Im in.


Is this in IUB only league? Cuz if not, I'm in. (I withdrew)


IUB only, please. If this is going to be a pay league, which it should be, we can't hold you accountable when you lose. Of course, there has to be an NFL season in order to start a fantasy league...

User avatar
aquasalad

Bronze
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:18 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby aquasalad » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:12 pm

kimheami wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
starlaw89 wrote:i have yet to receive a response from IU. anyone else in the same boat? when i called they said i should receive a decision in the next few weeks....?!

yeah, I heard it should be pretty soon about two weeks ago and haven't heard anything.


yea i have yet to hear back from them. i sent my application 1/31 so i'm getting a bit annoyed with waiting so long. but with everyone saying that they are overextended, i am surprised that they aren't just sending out a bunch of rejections. Do a lot of people drop out of the class over the summer as they get into other schools?
Also if i haven't heard back from them should i expect that it will not be possible for me to get any money from them?


You can pretty safely presume the class is almost set, at least 80% or so. Hopefully you have a high GPA, but I can't really address your money question without you posting your numbers. Most people who would drop out of the class have already done so and gotten into other schools.
That said, I would hope they let you know whats up by May 1. A few weeks could be more than two weeks, but really things should be shaping up sooner rather than later



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], sneakysnake, WaitWaitDontSay and 10 guests