IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:47 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
JLJ wrote:Are seat deposits due on April 1st? The more I look into IU Bloomington the more I hope I get accepted. I went complete 2/24 and with a 168 it looks like if I would have applied earlier I would have definitely gotten one of those scholarships. Right now it looks like I am heading to Minnesota, but hopefully I hear from these guys soon.


Yes, but I believe if you were/are accepted after March 1st you get until May 15th. I would double check though.

With a 168 you should still be good. I know a few people have turned down the big scholarships to go to better schools. Hopefully that money finds its way to you :D


Also - IUB doesn't do seat deposits. They just take your word that you're coming. So no non-refundable seat deposit required. I thought that was nice.

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:53 pm

TommyK wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:
JLJ wrote:Are seat deposits due on April 1st? The more I look into IU Bloomington the more I hope I get accepted. I went complete 2/24 and with a 168 it looks like if I would have applied earlier I would have definitely gotten one of those scholarships. Right now it looks like I am heading to Minnesota, but hopefully I hear from these guys soon.


Yes, but I believe if you were/are accepted after March 1st you get until May 15th. I would double check though.

With a 168 you should still be good. I know a few people have turned down the big scholarships to go to better schools. Hopefully that money finds its way to you :D


Also - IUB doesn't do seat deposits. They just take your word that you're coming. So no non-refundable seat deposit required. I thought that was nice.


Sure did save me a couple hundred dollars that I did NOT have, LOL

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:01 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
TommyK wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:
JLJ wrote:Are seat deposits due on April 1st? The more I look into IU Bloomington the more I hope I get accepted. I went complete 2/24 and with a 168 it looks like if I would have applied earlier I would have definitely gotten one of those scholarships. Right now it looks like I am heading to Minnesota, but hopefully I hear from these guys soon.


Yes, but I believe if you were/are accepted after March 1st you get until May 15th. I would double check though.

With a 168 you should still be good. I know a few people have turned down the big scholarships to go to better schools. Hopefully that money finds its way to you :D


Also - IUB doesn't do seat deposits. They just take your word that you're coming. So no non-refundable seat deposit required. I thought that was nice.


Sure did save me a couple hundred dollars that I did NOT have, LOL


+1. It actually kind of reminded me of this study that they did with a daycare. They were running into problems with parents being late in picking up their kids so they decided to test something out - that if they added a nominal fee ($5) everytime the parents were late if it would decrease parental tardiness. To their surprise, it actually increased it because the parents felt that they were now paying for the additional service of after-hours care. Unfortunately, when they eliminated the fee-charging, the parental tardiness did not decrease to pre-fee levels. I don't recall what the moral of the story was, (probably something about financial incentives not always having the intended consequences, even with logical consumers) but I wouldn't be shocked that because Indiana doesn't charge a seat deposit but instead just required the word of the admitee that their matriculation rate is on par or higher to other similarly situated schools.

User avatar
coreno16
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:54 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby coreno16 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:57 pm

Withdrew yesterday. Puts my 120k back into the pot. GL to those still waiting.

tropicalpeach
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:24 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby tropicalpeach » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:39 pm

same here. 105k back to you guys!

athenian
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby athenian » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:59 pm

tropicalpeach wrote:same here. 105k back to you guys!


Me too. Enjoy Bloomington folks.

giantswin
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby giantswin » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:34 am

coreno16 wrote:Withdrew yesterday. Puts my 120k back into the pot. GL to those still waiting.


Ditto. Good luck everyone!

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:50 am

.
Last edited by TommyK on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

columbia86
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby columbia86 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:55 am

TommyK wrote:I spoke to admissions. It sounds like their class is full, gang. In fact, it sounds like more people have committed than they are going to be able to accommodate and they're looking for people that are open to deferring for next year.


Whom do you speak to that is willing to offer you this information? And what prompts you to ask these questions when you have already been admitted?

Just wondering...

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:19 am

.
Last edited by cowgirl_bebop on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bball25
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:58 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby bball25 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:26 am

How do law schools divide up their scholarships once they are unaccepted? I guess what I am trying to say is as millions of dollars of unaccepted scholarships flow back into law schools after students decide not to attend, what happens with this money? Is it saved till next year or is it part of a budget where the school will try and give it to someone else. I know this doesn't pretain directly to IU but this will definitely be something they are dealing with.

columbia86
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby columbia86 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:38 am

.
Last edited by columbia86 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:42 am

.
Last edited by TommyK on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
beidoun
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:27 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby beidoun » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:42 am

TommyK wrote:I spoke to admissions. It sounds like their class is full, gang. In fact, it sounds like more people have committed than they are going to be able to accommodate and they're looking for people that are open to deferring for next year.


I would assume they will be waiting till after May 1st, when other seat deposit deadlines pass, until they start asking for people to defer. I am sure a good amount of people committed because it was free and are still waiting on other decisions or haven't made their decision and wanted more time.

But I doubt that there will be many more acceptances or action off the wait list.

Jeffro
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:41 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby Jeffro » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:52 am

.
Last edited by Jeffro on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:14 am

.
Last edited by cowgirl_bebop on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:18 am

Mea culpa. I've deleted my previous posts and if anybody wants to delete their quotation of mine - I'll buy 'em a beer. Otherwise, no biggie. After talking to Columbia (the poster, not the school), I agree - I probably shouldn't have provided this information as I don't know the extent of an potential issue and how it could affect people.

So, how 'bout them cubbies? I mean, for real... (I'm the king of awkward topic changes)

User avatar
chrisnashville
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:46 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby chrisnashville » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:07 pm

TommyK wrote:Mea culpa. I've deleted my previous posts and if anybody wants to delete their quotation of mine - I'll buy 'em a beer. Otherwise, no biggie. After talking to Columbia (the poster, not the school), I agree - I probably shouldn't have provided this information as I don't know the extent of an potential issue and how it could affect people.

So, how 'bout them cubbies? I mean, for real... (I'm the king of awkward topic changes)


Haha. Go Reds?

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:14 pm

chrisnashville wrote:
TommyK wrote:Mea culpa. I've deleted my previous posts and if anybody wants to delete their quotation of mine - I'll buy 'em a beer. Otherwise, no biggie. After talking to Columbia (the poster, not the school), I agree - I probably shouldn't have provided this information as I don't know the extent of an potential issue and how it could affect people.

So, how 'bout them cubbies? I mean, for real... (I'm the king of awkward topic changes)


Haha. Go Reds?


Yeah, the Reds are great. I like any ballpark that I could hit a homer out of. I think I've seen bigger batting cages.

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:17 pm

TommyK wrote:So, how 'bout them cubbies? I mean, for real... (I'm the king of awkward topic changes)


'Tis the Year of the Nats!!

User avatar
chrisnashville
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:46 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby chrisnashville » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:23 pm

TommyK wrote:
chrisnashville wrote:
TommyK wrote:Mea culpa. I've deleted my previous posts and if anybody wants to delete their quotation of mine - I'll buy 'em a beer. Otherwise, no biggie. After talking to Columbia (the poster, not the school), I agree - I probably shouldn't have provided this information as I don't know the extent of an potential issue and how it could affect people.

So, how 'bout them cubbies? I mean, for real... (I'm the king of awkward topic changes)


Haha. Go Reds?


Yeah, the Reds are great. I like any ballpark that I could hit a homer out of. I think I've seen bigger batting cages.


Haterade :shock:

User avatar
danquayle
Posts: 1108
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:12 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby danquayle » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:25 pm

chrisnashville wrote:
TommyK wrote:
chrisnashville wrote:
TommyK wrote:Mea culpa. I've deleted my previous posts and if anybody wants to delete their quotation of mine - I'll buy 'em a beer. Otherwise, no biggie. After talking to Columbia (the poster, not the school), I agree - I probably shouldn't have provided this information as I don't know the extent of an potential issue and how it could affect people.

So, how 'bout them cubbies? I mean, for real... (I'm the king of awkward topic changes)


Haha. Go Reds?


Yeah, the Reds are great. I like any ballpark that I could hit a homer out of. I think I've seen bigger batting cages.


Haterade :shock:


Pft. National League is weak sauce.

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:27 pm

danquayle wrote:Pft. National League is weak sauce.


False. Pitchers should have to swing the lumber. Changes the strategy and makes it a more complex game and ultimately more interesting.

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:28 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
TommyK wrote:So, how 'bout them cubbies? I mean, for real... (I'm the king of awkward topic changes)


'Tis the Year of the Nats!!


Dare to dream!

User avatar
chrisnashville
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:46 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby chrisnashville » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:00 pm

You've all inspired me to change my sports-themed avatar. See you in the playoffs ;)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”