IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mf980

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby mf980 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:33 am

I'm not sure if this has been posted in this thread yet, but here's a report from the Law School for the 2008-2009 academic year. It discusses the endowment and the plans the school has for improving.

--LinkRemoved--

aquasalad

Postby aquasalad » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:00 pm

I just emailed admissions with my intent to enroll, as well as signing up for summer start. I got an apartment last week at the Poolsides. Really excited to see you guys at SLD, definitely hitting up the TLS get-together, should be fun!

FWIW 120k 3.3 166 got in on Feb 14th
Last edited by aquasalad on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:02 pm

I am so mad UGA and IUbs ASW are on the same day and I kind of had to go to UGA's since I already visited IUb.

cdsj

Postby cdsj » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:08 pm

Anyone else get the OUTlaw email about Friday?

mf980

Postby mf980 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:27 pm

cdsj wrote:Anyone else get the OUTlaw email about Friday?

Nope, what was it about?

twairlines

Postby twairlines » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:48 pm

Does anyone know if IUB has an online viewbook? Or, has anyone ever requested and received a physical viewbook? Who knows, maybe neither one of them exist?

SortOfObsessed

Postby SortOfObsessed » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:55 pm

So I'm taking a red eye tonight from northern california and driving to Bloomington tomorrow. Quite excited about the ASW and I'm fairly certain I will commit after this weekend.

I hope to see some of you TLSers there! Anyone planning on outing yourselves this weekend? ;)

mf980

Postby mf980 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:59 pm

SortOfObsessed wrote:So I'm taking a red eye tonight from northern california and driving to Bloomington tomorrow. Quite excited about the ASW and I'm fairly certain I will commit after this weekend.

I hope to see some of you TLSers there! Anyone planning on outing yourselves this weekend? ;)

I would hope so if we plan on meeting up! :lol:

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:30 am

Is anyone still waiting for decisions from IUB? I haven't seen anyone who's been complaining in the last couple pages so...I wonder what's up. I submitted 1/18 and went complete 1/31.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:58 am

lsatextreme wrote:Is anyone still waiting for decisions from IUB? I haven't seen anyone who's been complaining in the last couple pages so...I wonder what's up. I submitted 1/18 and went complete 1/31.

Yeah, I'm still waiting. I assume I went complete after the February LSAT (had them hold my app for my retake). I still haven't heard anything but slow response seems to be the trend with IU

dreakol

Postby dreakol » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:57 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
lsatextreme wrote:Is anyone still waiting for decisions from IUB? I haven't seen anyone who's been complaining in the last couple pages so...I wonder what's up. I submitted 1/18 and went complete 1/31.

Yeah, I'm still waiting. I assume I went complete after the February LSAT (had them hold my app for my retake). I still haven't heard anything but slow response seems to be the trend with IU

I went complete 2/24. I was thinking about calling and seeing what's up since deposits are due soon for other schools but idk.

my numbers should land me a 120k scholarship if they are still giving them out.

aquasalad

Postby aquasalad » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:42 pm

mf980 wrote:
SortOfObsessed wrote:So I'm taking a red eye tonight from northern california and driving to Bloomington tomorrow. Quite excited about the ASW and I'm fairly certain I will commit after this weekend.

Is anyone doing anything Friday night?

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:04 pm

dreakol wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

I went complete 2/24. I was thinking about calling and seeing what's up since deposits are due soon for other schools but idk.

my numbers should land me a 120k scholarship if they are still giving them out.

I'd call. They're atrocious at answering emails (minus Dani) but everyone I've talked to on the phone has been super nice and helpful.
I hope they hurry up with acceptances cuz there seems to be some really great candidates who are interested in attending but will have already deposited at another school.

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:11 pm

im just wondering if i'm actually the latest to hear, usually my completion date isn't really anything in comparison to other people that are waiting even further back in most other schools.

red_alertz

Postby red_alertz » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:15 pm

lsatextreme wrote:im just wondering if i'm actually the latest to hear, usually my completion date isn't really anything in comparison to other people that are waiting even further back in most other schools.

I think so... you might want to call to make sure your app wasn't lost or anything

beidoun

Postby beidoun » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:03 pm

aquasalad wrote:
mf980 wrote:

I know the official meet up is Saturday after the SLD events but I wouldn't mind a less official meet up on Friday night as well.

chrisnashville

Postby chrisnashville » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:07 pm

beidoun wrote:
aquasalad wrote:
mf980 wrote:

I know the official meet up is Saturday after the SLD events but I wouldn't mind a less official meet up on Friday night as well.

I'll be getting off work early to drive up there Friday, and at the very least I'd like to get to the bars to catch some of the Sweet 16 games. I'll of course see what my random hotel roommate (who may very well be one of ya'll) will want to do. If you meet a Chris who is from Nashville...well, it's likely me.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:08 pm

beidoun wrote:I know the official meet up is Saturday after the SLD events but I wouldn't mind a less official meet up on Friday night as well.

How about we all meet in the lobby at 8pm? We could figure out where to go from there? (Totally amenable to different time, idea, or categorical rejection of my silly idea)

beidoun

Postby beidoun » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:11 pm

TommyK wrote:
beidoun wrote:I know the official meet up is Saturday after the SLD events but I wouldn't mind a less official meet up on Friday night as well.

How about we all meet in the lobby at 8pm? We could figure out where to go from there? (Totally amenable to different time, idea, or categorical rejection of my silly idea)

8pm works for me. I will be there around noon on Friday, so I will have the whole day free.

The first NCAA game starts friday at 7:00 PM Eastern, we could schedule the meet up around the Friday night games for any college basketball fans.

rk90

Postby rk90 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:12 pm

beidoun wrote:
aquasalad wrote:
mf980 wrote:

I was going to go look at housing Fri afternoon but hadn't planned on anything for the evening... I'm sure a number of us will be staying at or near the Hilton Graden Inn - Like Chris said - I hear the Irish Lion Pub a block south of that is nice. That could be a meet up spot if people are interested?

Edit: My alma mater is out, but would be happy to accommodate any basketball fans :D

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:14 pm

rk90 wrote:I was going to go look at housing Fri afternoon but hadn't planned on anything for the evening... I'm sure a number of us will be staying at or near the Hilton Graden Inn - Like Chris said - I hear the Irish Lion Pub a block south of that is nice. That could be a meet up spot if people are interested?

Yeah, I like the idea of meeting at a bar, except - nobody will know what each other looks like so we would just be looking for other people that look out of place and lost... which on second thought, is probably a pretty great identifier.

rk90

Postby rk90 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:19 pm

TommyK wrote:
rk90 wrote:I was going to go look at housing Fri afternoon but hadn't planned on anything for the evening... I'm sure a number of us will be staying at or near the Hilton Graden Inn - Like Chris said - I hear the Irish Lion Pub a block south of that is nice. That could be a meet up spot if people are interested?

Yeah, I like the idea of meeting at a bar, except - nobody will know what each other looks like so we would just be looking for other people that look out of place and lost... which on second thought, is probably a pretty great identifier.

That is true... The lobby is probably best - what say 8 pm lobby of Hilton?

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:21 pm

rk90 wrote:
TommyK wrote:

That is true... The lobby is probably best - what say 8 pm lobby of Hilton?

Sounds good to me. We can always update the message board via a smartphone to confirm where we end up. Is 8pm too early, too late, or just right?

RooksWS6

Postby RooksWS6 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:23 pm

I can't make 8:00, but would like to get together. Definitely update the board or fb page with where you end up.

chrisnashville

Postby chrisnashville » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:27 pm

RooksWS6 wrote:I can't make 8:00, but would like to get together. Definitely update the board or fb page with where you end up.

8 will be cutting it close, but I should be fine with that. Either way we ought to say something on the board, and then, uh, hmmm... I guess if one group goes to the bar they'll just have to keep an eye out for late-arriving stragglers and talk very loudly about TLS :D Otherwise this board will have some strange messages.. "I'm in a blue hat. I just sat down at the bar." Of course that could be fun..

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”