IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JamMasterJ

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Has anyone who took the October LSAT or who went complete near the beginning of March heard a response or talked to anyone in admissions about when a response would be coming?

pcvmeli

Postby pcvmeli » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Just sent in my email indicating an intent to enroll... hopefully my stalking of TLS forums and stressing over the decision will end.

Good luck to those still waiting.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:12 pm

jdfrisby wrote:Has anyone who took the October LSAT or who went complete near the beginning of March heard a response or talked to anyone in admissions about when a response would be coming?

October? I took the October LSAT, but got my application in towards the beginning of the year.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:21 pm

TommyK wrote:
jdfrisby wrote:Has anyone who took the October LSAT or who went complete near the beginning of March heard a response or talked to anyone in admissions about when a response would be coming?

October? I took the October LSAT, but got my application in towards the beginning of the year.

wow, i'm out of it. sry, meant February

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:24 pm

jdfrisby wrote:
TommyK wrote:

Gotchya. Sorry, no help from me.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:35 pm

TommyK wrote:
jdfrisby wrote:
TommyK wrote:

Gotchya. Sorry, no help from me.

yeah, I knew you had been in for a while now. Did you decide on IUB for sure, or still up in the air?

seriously????

Postby seriously???? » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:28 pm

really try to relax, people still waiting for decisions, or on the waitlist might have to wait a long while. if your lsat is 166 or higher, you may only have to wait until april. but who knows, they are going to wait until they see how many are accepting offers april 1st, but then they may still wait, because since no deposit is required, i'm sure there will be more cases than usual where people commit to multiple schools. further, unless your stats are either gpa 3.7, or lsat 166 or higher, your chances are very slim. this is a school like WUSTL, although a few points less selective. There is no holistic approach, only numbers.

waitlisteddd

Postby waitlisteddd » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:36 pm

got some fine new letterhead paper and envelopes from IU today.

wasn't expecting that when i got the mail today.

krad

Postby krad » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:07 pm

waitlisteddd wrote:got some fine new letterhead paper and envelopes from IU today.

+1

twairlines

Postby twairlines » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:52 pm

waitlisteddd wrote:got some fine new letterhead paper and envelopes from IU today.

same here...nice of them

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:00 pm

twairlines wrote:

same here...nice of them

I already withdrew but I might be using that stationery anyway. It's nice. :)

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:11 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
twairlines wrote:

same here...nice of them

I already withdrew but I might be using that stationery anyway. It's nice. :)

thanks for the spot, hopefully

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:20 am

+1

I'm having trouble with this 'send a note once a week letting them know you're still interested' thing... I'm running out of things to brown nose about. Do I need to keep writing the official letters or do they really just want 'give me a spot' over and over again?

AboveTheLawSchool

Postby AboveTheLawSchool » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:54 am

iowalum wrote:

+1

I'm having trouble with this 'send a note once a week letting them know you're still interested' thing... I'm running out of things to brown nose about. Do I need to keep writing the official letters or do they really just want 'give me a spot' over and over again?

Neither? Why are you spamming them? If you have already sent them more than one letter, I think you got your point across. Writing them a letter everyday isn't going to make them let you in lol. Just be patient.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:08 am

iowalum wrote:

+1

Start writing it in different styles to keep it fresh.

First a Haiku:

I'm Interested
My love for you still persists
Please accept me soon

Then a limerick:

There once was an applicant, IowaAlum
Who certainly isn't a bum
So let him in please
He'll pay your admission fees
And he assures you that he's not dumb

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:20 am

AboveTheLawSchool wrote:
iowalum wrote:

+1

Neither? Why are you spamming them? If you have already sent them more than one letter, I think you got your point across. Writing them a letter everyday isn't going to make them let you in lol. Just be patient.

I'm only writing every week because that's what my waitlist letter said to do. Specifically.

jaydizzle

Postby jaydizzle » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:21 am

iowalum wrote:
AboveTheLawSchool wrote:
iowalum wrote:

+1

I'm only writing every week because that's what my waitlist letter said to do. Specifically.

I'm pretty sure it said monthly unless you got a special letter. lol

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:23 am

[/quote]I'm pretty sure it said monthly unless you got a special letter. lol[/quote]

Well, I must have because mine says every week. Hopefully its a typo because I don't want to write any more :)

jaydizzle

Postby jaydizzle » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:28 am

iowalum wrote:
I'm pretty sure it said monthly unless you got a special letter. lol[/quote]

Well, I must have because mine says every week. Hopefully its a typo because I don't want to write any more :)[/quote]

probably a typo. let me pull out mine.

"We suggest emailing confirmation of your continued interest at least monthly." I have an awful LSAT, so perhaps they just love you more? Weekly seems excessive.

AboveTheLawSchool

Postby AboveTheLawSchool » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:32 am

Weird, never mind then lol. In that case, I suggest following TommyK's advice

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:35 am

AboveTheLawSchool wrote:In that case, I suggest following TommyK's advice

TIalwaysCR 8)

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:04 pm

I was waitlisted in January and never even noticed the part about emailing them monthly. whoops.

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:10 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:I was waitlisted in January and never even noticed the part about emailing them monthly. whoops.

Well it sounds like I've been writing enough letters for the both of us. I think I'll take a break until... oh, next cycle?

penelopeclearwater

Postby penelopeclearwater » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:05 pm

I called the Admissions Office today because I hadn't heard anything in two months. The lady on the phone said that only one person had reviewed my application and that one other person still needed to review it. I don't really have much hope left seeing as it's late in the game and my numbers are low (3.6, 158). I went to a T20 undergrad and was a science major soooo I was kind of hoping that would make some difference, but it seems that IU is just going for high numbers.

I am currently planning on going to IU's SPEA grad program next year, since I wanted to do a dual degree anyways. My question is:
should I re-take the LSAT in June and re-apply early decision in the fall or just re-apply early decision next fall?

Side-note to this, took the LSAT twice (October, December) and got the same score...

emc217

Postby emc217 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:45 pm

penelopeclearwater wrote:
I am currently planning on going to IU's SPEA grad program next year, since I wanted to do a dual degree anyways. My question is:
should I re-take the LSAT in June and re-apply early decision in the fall or just re-apply early decision next fall?

Side-note to this, took the LSAT twice (October, December) and got the same score...

I'm a current 2L, and I'll be starting my joint degree with spea in the fall, so maybe we'll have classes together. :) are you MA or MSES?

I would recommend retaking in June. I would also recommend hiring an LSAT tutor, I know they can be pricey but I had a 14 point jump with mine. Plus if you can snag a scholly, it'll pay for itself. Also, your last retake didn't boost your score, so you may need a little extra help that the tutor can hopefully provide. Best of luck!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”