IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Has anyone who took the October LSAT or who went complete near the beginning of March heard a response or talked to anyone in admissions about when a response would be coming?

pcvmeli
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby pcvmeli » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Just sent in my email indicating an intent to enroll... hopefully my stalking of TLS forums and stressing over the decision will end.

Good luck to those still waiting.

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:12 pm

jdfrisby wrote:Has anyone who took the October LSAT or who went complete near the beginning of March heard a response or talked to anyone in admissions about when a response would be coming?


October? I took the October LSAT, but got my application in towards the beginning of the year.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:21 pm

TommyK wrote:
jdfrisby wrote:Has anyone who took the October LSAT or who went complete near the beginning of March heard a response or talked to anyone in admissions about when a response would be coming?


October? I took the October LSAT, but got my application in towards the beginning of the year.

wow, i'm out of it. sry, meant February

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:24 pm

jdfrisby wrote:
TommyK wrote:
jdfrisby wrote:Has anyone who took the October LSAT or who went complete near the beginning of March heard a response or talked to anyone in admissions about when a response would be coming?


October? I took the October LSAT, but got my application in towards the beginning of the year.

wow, i'm out of it. sry, meant February


Gotchya. Sorry, no help from me.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:35 pm

TommyK wrote:
jdfrisby wrote:
TommyK wrote:
jdfrisby wrote:Has anyone who took the October LSAT or who went complete near the beginning of March heard a response or talked to anyone in admissions about when a response would be coming?


October? I took the October LSAT, but got my application in towards the beginning of the year.

wow, i'm out of it. sry, meant February


Gotchya. Sorry, no help from me.

yeah, I knew you had been in for a while now. Did you decide on IUB for sure, or still up in the air?

seriously????
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:15 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby seriously???? » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:28 pm

really try to relax, people still waiting for decisions, or on the waitlist might have to wait a long while. if your lsat is 166 or higher, you may only have to wait until april. but who knows, they are going to wait until they see how many are accepting offers april 1st, but then they may still wait, because since no deposit is required, i'm sure there will be more cases than usual where people commit to multiple schools. further, unless your stats are either gpa 3.7, or lsat 166 or higher, your chances are very slim. this is a school like WUSTL, although a few points less selective. There is no holistic approach, only numbers.

User avatar
waitlisteddd
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby waitlisteddd » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:36 pm

got some fine new letterhead paper and envelopes from IU today.

wasn't expecting that when i got the mail today.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby krad » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:07 pm

waitlisteddd wrote:got some fine new letterhead paper and envelopes from IU today.

wasn't expecting that when i got the mail today.

+1

User avatar
twairlines
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby twairlines » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:52 pm

waitlisteddd wrote:got some fine new letterhead paper and envelopes from IU today.

wasn't expecting that when i got the mail today.


same here...nice of them

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13918
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:00 pm

twairlines wrote:
waitlisteddd wrote:got some fine new letterhead paper and envelopes from IU today.

wasn't expecting that when i got the mail today.


same here...nice of them


I already withdrew but I might be using that stationery anyway. It's nice. :)

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:11 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
twairlines wrote:
waitlisteddd wrote:got some fine new letterhead paper and envelopes from IU today.

wasn't expecting that when i got the mail today.


same here...nice of them


I already withdrew but I might be using that stationery anyway. It's nice. :)

thanks for the spot, hopefully

iowalum
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby iowalum » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:20 am

thanks for the spot, hopefully


+1

I'm having trouble with this 'send a note once a week letting them know you're still interested' thing... I'm running out of things to brown nose about. Do I need to keep writing the official letters or do they really just want 'give me a spot' over and over again?

User avatar
AboveTheLawSchool
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby AboveTheLawSchool » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:54 am

iowalum wrote:
thanks for the spot, hopefully


+1

I'm having trouble with this 'send a note once a week letting them know you're still interested' thing... I'm running out of things to brown nose about. Do I need to keep writing the official letters or do they really just want 'give me a spot' over and over again?


Neither? Why are you spamming them? If you have already sent them more than one letter, I think you got your point across. Writing them a letter everyday isn't going to make them let you in lol. Just be patient.

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:08 am

iowalum wrote:
thanks for the spot, hopefully


+1

I'm having trouble with this 'send a note once a week letting them know you're still interested' thing... I'm running out of things to brown nose about. Do I need to keep writing the official letters or do they really just want 'give me a spot' over and over again?


Start writing it in different styles to keep it fresh.

First a Haiku:

I'm Interested
My love for you still persists
Please accept me soon

Then a limerick:

There once was an applicant, IowaAlum
Who certainly isn't a bum
So let him in please
He'll pay your admission fees
And he assures you that he's not dumb

iowalum
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby iowalum » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:20 am

AboveTheLawSchool wrote:
iowalum wrote:
thanks for the spot, hopefully


+1

I'm having trouble with this 'send a note once a week letting them know you're still interested' thing... I'm running out of things to brown nose about. Do I need to keep writing the official letters or do they really just want 'give me a spot' over and over again?


Neither? Why are you spamming them? If you have already sent them more than one letter, I think you got your point across. Writing them a letter everyday isn't going to make them let you in lol. Just be patient.



I'm only writing every week because that's what my waitlist letter said to do. Specifically.

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby jaydizzle » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:21 am

iowalum wrote:
AboveTheLawSchool wrote:
iowalum wrote:
thanks for the spot, hopefully


+1

I'm having trouble with this 'send a note once a week letting them know you're still interested' thing... I'm running out of things to brown nose about. Do I need to keep writing the official letters or do they really just want 'give me a spot' over and over again?


Neither? Why are you spamming them? If you have already sent them more than one letter, I think you got your point across. Writing them a letter everyday isn't going to make them let you in lol. Just be patient.



I'm only writing every week because that's what my waitlist letter said to do. Specifically.



I'm pretty sure it said monthly unless you got a special letter. lol

iowalum
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby iowalum » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:23 am

[/quote]I'm pretty sure it said monthly unless you got a special letter. lol[/quote]

Well, I must have because mine says every week. Hopefully its a typo because I don't want to write any more :)

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby jaydizzle » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:28 am

iowalum wrote:
I'm pretty sure it said monthly unless you got a special letter. lol[/quote]

Well, I must have because mine says every week. Hopefully its a typo because I don't want to write any more :)[/quote]


probably a typo. let me pull out mine.

"We suggest emailing confirmation of your continued interest at least monthly." I have an awful LSAT, so perhaps they just love you more? Weekly seems excessive.

User avatar
AboveTheLawSchool
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby AboveTheLawSchool » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:32 am

Weird, never mind then lol. In that case, I suggest following TommyK's advice

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:35 am

AboveTheLawSchool wrote:In that case, I suggest following TommyK's advice


TIalwaysCR 8)

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:04 pm

I was waitlisted in January and never even noticed the part about emailing them monthly. whoops.

iowalum
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby iowalum » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:10 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:I was waitlisted in January and never even noticed the part about emailing them monthly. whoops.


Well it sounds like I've been writing enough letters for the both of us. I think I'll take a break until... oh, next cycle?

penelopeclearwater
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:54 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby penelopeclearwater » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:05 pm

I called the Admissions Office today because I hadn't heard anything in two months. The lady on the phone said that only one person had reviewed my application and that one other person still needed to review it. I don't really have much hope left seeing as it's late in the game and my numbers are low (3.6, 158). I went to a T20 undergrad and was a science major soooo I was kind of hoping that would make some difference, but it seems that IU is just going for high numbers.

I am currently planning on going to IU's SPEA grad program next year, since I wanted to do a dual degree anyways. My question is:
should I re-take the LSAT in June and re-apply early decision in the fall or just re-apply early decision next fall?

Side-note to this, took the LSAT twice (October, December) and got the same score...

User avatar
emc217
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:54 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby emc217 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:45 pm

penelopeclearwater wrote:
I am currently planning on going to IU's SPEA grad program next year, since I wanted to do a dual degree anyways. My question is:
should I re-take the LSAT in June and re-apply early decision in the fall or just re-apply early decision next fall?

Side-note to this, took the LSAT twice (October, December) and got the same score...



I'm a current 2L, and I'll be starting my joint degree with spea in the fall, so maybe we'll have classes together. :) are you MA or MSES?

I would recommend retaking in June. I would also recommend hiring an LSAT tutor, I know they can be pricey but I had a 14 point jump with mine. Plus if you can snag a scholly, it'll pay for itself. Also, your last retake didn't boost your score, so you may need a little extra help that the tutor can hopefully provide. Best of luck!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Finickywalrus, Google Adsense [Bot], hellohalo, jstans, Photomike2, Why???, XUMickeal and 22 guests