IU Bloomington Class of 2014 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jaydizzle

Silver

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Post by jaydizzle » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:29 pm

Dang, I applied mid-November. I am a reverse splitter with an awesome GPA. It would be nice if I receive an acceptance from IU. I like them, but my LSAT is too low. Maybe they will take one of you and average it with me to make a sweet candidate? :lol: I need some good news after my cruel Christmas BC rejection. Thanks BC and shove it!

robb0106

New

Post by robb0106 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:35 pm

SortOfObsessed wrote:In via mail. Complete mid november. 167/3.7. Also got the 120,000 scholarship. Congratulations to everyone admitted!

Out of curiosity, for those of you also receiving a full ride, do you think you'll attend? Is the money enough to sway you from other schools?
free law school is def something to consider, but if i get decent money at somewhere not named 'indiana' i would have to decline. i have heard bloomington is a nice town, but i biked across the country a few summers ago, and indiana was by far the most desolate and depressing place outside of montana. but a full scholly at least warrants a visit, right?

justadude55

Silver

Post by justadude55 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:40 pm

isn't it the #1 party school?

i know it's UG, but i'd prefer to date UG girls over LS girls who are going to be more capable of calling me on my crap and probably more bitter.

justadude55

Silver

Post by justadude55 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:40 pm

jaydizzle wrote:Dang, I applied mid-November. I am a reverse splitter with an awesome GPA. It would be nice if I receive an acceptance from IU. I like them, but my LSAT is too low. Maybe they will take one of you and average it with me to make a sweet candidate? :lol: I need some good news after my cruel Christmas BC rejection. Thanks BC and shove it!
i'm sure BC is very offended by your insult, and will never be able to recover.

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:43 pm

justadude55 wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:Dang, I applied mid-November. I am a reverse splitter with an awesome GPA. It would be nice if I receive an acceptance from IU. I like them, but my LSAT is too low. Maybe they will take one of you and average it with me to make a sweet candidate? :lol: I need some good news after my cruel Christmas BC rejection. Thanks BC and shove it!
I love the Jesuit love they offered me for the holidays. I can tell they don't give a flying shit. This is why I received a letter that appeared to have been written by a sixth grade student. Oh well, maybe some of my waitlists will work out or something good will happen.
Last edited by jaydizzle on Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:48 pm

I got the 6-8 weeks email about 10-12 weeks ago. I doubt I will get in and I am not sure that I will go if I do even though the school is a reach. Going from a major city to a small town in Indiana would be a bit of a drastic change.

That being said I have heard only good things.

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:49 pm

jaydizzle wrote:
justadude55 wrote:

Says the man who wants more money than a full scholarship... I love the Jesuit love they offered me for the holidays. I can tell they don't give a flying shit. This is why I received a letter that appeared to have been written by a sixth grade student. Oh well, maybe some of my waitlists will work out.
Ok, we get it already, you hate BC. There is no need to spread this to non-BC threads.

Now...back to IU and those sweet full-rides...CONGRATS everyone!!

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:51 pm

Damn, how many full rides does this place give? One of my friends goes to IU and is getting an MBA there after he finishes up in May. He says it is an awesome place.

Keats

New

Post by Keats » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:55 pm

In today with $120K. That's a lot of money. No idea what I'm going to do.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

justadude55

Silver

Post by justadude55 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:57 pm

Any of you full scholarship people going to call the Dean to talk?

Also, and this is off topic but not a flame, in LS here, being that it's a small town and you probably don't want to intermingle with the locals, are the law students getting laid if they are normal and moderately good looking?

justadude55

Silver

Post by justadude55 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:59 pm

jaydizzle wrote:
justadude55 wrote:
I love the Jesuit love they offered me for the holidays. I can tell they don't give a flying shit. This is why I received a letter that appeared to have been written by a sixth grade student. Oh well, maybe some of my waitlists will work out or something good will happen.
i'm sure they hve daughters who u can track down, romance and then they'll have to accept you because they don't want their daughter's baby's daddy going to a TTTT.

justadude55

Silver

Post by justadude55 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:00 pm

also is the 120 a bit jaded because IU's 43k is really high? why is w&m only 30? is IU an awesome campus or something?

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:02 pm

justadude55 wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:
justadude55 wrote:
i'm sure they hve daughters who u can track down, romance and then they'll have to accept you because they don't want their daughter's baby's daddy going to a TTTT.
lol, that's not a bad idea. i am still having a hard time trying to visualize you taking the LSAT. the stuff you have been posting is nuts hah. you should be able to get laid if you got to Indiana. i wouldn't worry about it too much.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Lou9

Bronze

Post by Lou9 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:06 pm

Indiana has definitely moved to the top of my list. I have a different family situation, so I would actually prefer to stay in the Midwest for school. I also am interested in public interests, so having minimal debt would be great. I guess I'm used to living in a desolate area and I'm married, so I don't have to worry about getting laid.

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:26 pm

I have to disagree about Indiana being particularly desolate (more than Pennsylvania? Iowa? Kansas? Nebraska? Doubt it). Bloomington is definitely a small town, but there's a lot going on because of the university. You'll have many retail chains for shopping, and there are numerous cultural events in Bloomington. Remember IU has top music and dance programs, so there are exquisite operas and ballets.

It's also not far from Indianapolis and only a few hours from Chicago.

justadude55

Silver

Post by justadude55 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:44 pm

and the women?

SortOfObsessed

New

Post by SortOfObsessed » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:51 pm

justadude55 wrote:and the women?
I feel like that shouldn't even be an issue. You're going to a school with a HUGE undergraduate population, a ton of which is Greek. I'm sure if you're as "normal" and "good looking" as you claim, you'll be fine.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:04 pm

justadude55 wrote:and the women?
The undergrads are hot. Beyond that, not sure.

My parents met at IU. My mom was a music student when my dad was in law school. He's the reacher in that relationship. ;)
(but that was also 30+ years ago...)

BackToTheOldHouse

Silver

Post by BackToTheOldHouse » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:50 pm

In with scholly.

Lou9

Bronze

Post by Lou9 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:51 pm

Lwoods wrote:I have to disagree about Indiana being particularly desolate (more than Pennsylvania? Iowa? Kansas? Nebraska? Doubt it). Bloomington is definitely a small town, but there's a lot going on because of the university. You'll have many retail chains for shopping, and there are numerous cultural events in Bloomington. Remember IU has top music and dance programs, so there are exquisite operas and ballets.

It's also not far from Indianapolis and only a few hours from Chicago.
I agree with this and I think there is a big difference in the scenery between northern and southern Indiana.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:41 pm

justdude55... srsly, every time I try to like you as a poster-- you make comments like you have in this thread and its back to square 1 of disbelief you are anything but a troll.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kk19131

Silver

Post by kk19131 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:54 pm

I'm still waiting to hear how mobile a degree from this school is...

BackToTheOldHouse

Silver

Post by BackToTheOldHouse » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:57 pm

kk19131 wrote:I'm still waiting to hear how mobile a degree from this school is...
+

Fark-o-vision

Silver

Post by Fark-o-vision » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:03 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
kk19131 wrote:I'm still waiting to hear how mobile a degree from this school is...
+
Don't you think thats your answer, then? From everything I've heard, it places as well, or a bit better, than IU-Indy in Indianapolis (more IU-Indy grads work in Indianapolis, but sweeter jobs are competitive between Notre Dame, IU-Indy and IU-Bloomington), and it has low to moderate mobility throughout the Midwest, and low mobility into that weird midwest/South range of the country.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't have first hand experience. This just seems to be the feeling that I get about it.

BackToTheOldHouse

Silver

Post by BackToTheOldHouse » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:08 pm

Fark-o-vision wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
+
Don't you think thats your answer, then? From everything I've heard, it places as well, or a bit better, than IU-Indy in Indianapolis (more IU-Indy grads work in Indianapolis, but sweeter jobs are competitive between Notre Dame, IU-Indy and IU-Bloomington), and it has low to moderate mobility throughout the Midwest, and low mobility into that weird midwest/South range of the country.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't have first hand experience. This just seems to be the feeling that I get about it.
you've said what I've been thinking

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”