IU Bloomington Class of 2014 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
angiej

Silver

IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Post by angiej » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:55 am

App's are up in a month. Let's do this!

Amir N

Bronze

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Post by Amir N » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:00 am

Fingers crossed! I know it's a reach for me, given my stats, but I'm excited nonetheless. Does anyone here know off the top of their head when the application goes online?

Good luck to everyone!

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:00 am

Amir N wrote:Fingers crossed! I know it's a reach for me, given my stats, but I'm excited nonetheless. Does anyone here know off the top of their head when the application goes online?

Good luck to everyone!
Its a reach for me too - September 1st is when the app is up and submittable.

ZachOda

Bronze

Post by ZachOda » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:20 pm

Can't wait to apply. Is anyone in-state? I'm coming from the Boston area, interested in what Bloomington is like (weather, things to do, political leanings, etc)

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:29 pm

ZachOda wrote:Can't wait to apply. Is anyone in-state? I'm coming from the Boston area, interested in what Bloomington is like (weather, things to do, political leanings, etc)
I'm in-state, but 4 hours north. I've been to Bloomington; its gorgeous, but can't comment on what day-to-day life in B-town is. Maybe someone will weigh-in, or you could ask at the Class of 2013 thread.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Xnegd

Bronze

Post by Xnegd » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:32 pm

Can't wait to apply!!! Four more weeks, urg...

Xnegd

Bronze

Post by Xnegd » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:38 pm

angiej wrote:
ZachOda wrote:Can't wait to apply. Is anyone in-state? I'm coming from the Boston area, interested in what Bloomington is like (weather, things to do, political leanings, etc)
I'm in-state, but 4 hours north. I've been to Bloomington; its gorgeous, but can't comment on what day-to-day life in B-town is. Maybe someone will weigh-in, or you could ask at the Class of 2013 thread.
My Co-worker is from there. She says it's an average college town, with a fantastic jazz and music scene. She says it's wonderful if you love music.

ZachOda

Bronze

Post by ZachOda » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:23 pm

Xnegd wrote:
angiej wrote:
My Co-worker is from there. She says it's an average college town, with a fantastic jazz and music scene. She says it's wonderful if you love music.

Sold

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:29 pm

Just submitted my app this morning. I called to find out if I could also submit a resume since my credentials didn't fit on the space provided (they said yes) and how soon they will be reviewing apps and (they said 8-10 weeks). Good luck everyone! :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cartercl

Bronze

Post by cartercl » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:52 pm

AA male here applying to IU-B. Should be submitting my application within the next week or so. Good luck to everyone!

ChiButterfly

New

Post by ChiButterfly » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:22 pm

I'll be applying once I get my LSAT scores from the October exam.

For those wondering about IUB, I did my undergrad there and it is BEAUTIFUL! It is definitely a college town since everything revolves around IU there. Great food, great diversity, and it has a "home" feeling to it. :) Loved IU!

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:08 am

I applied a week ago and haven't gotten any sort of email with a status checker or anything. All of my other schools acknowledged receipt of my app via an email within 1-2 days. Has anyone else applied to IU-B yet?

eastofeden

New

Post by eastofeden » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:11 am

I went to IUB for undergrad. I absolutely love Bloomington and always will. If anyone has specific questions about the town, campus, etc. I'd be happy to answer them.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

eastofeden

New

Post by eastofeden » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:17 am

Hot in the summer, cold in the winter. It's a beautiful town, especially in the fall. The law school is literally right off the strip where all the restaurants, shops, bars, etc. are. It's a liberal town through and through, by far the most liberal town you can find in Indiana.

The music scene is wonderful. Even though it's a small town many big name bands pass through when they're on tour. Very culturally diverse, particularly when it comes to food. I've lived in few large cities, and honestly I haven't seen much that compares to Bloomington.

Very vegan/vegetarian friendly, with a big emphasis on local/organic foods. I love Bloomington! I went there for undergrad, so naturally I'm applying. Shooting for Northwestern but I wouldn't be disappointed to end up in Bloomington next fall.

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:37 am

eastofeden wrote:
Hot in the summer, cold in the winter. It's a beautiful town, especially in the fall. The law school is literally right off the strip where all the restaurants, shops, bars, etc. are. It's a liberal town through and through, by far the most liberal town you can find in Indiana.

The music scene is wonderful. Even though it's a small town many big name bands pass through when they're on tour. Very culturally diverse, particularly when it comes to food. I've lived in few large cities, and honestly I haven't seen much that compares to Bloomington.

Very vegan/vegetarian friendly, with a big emphasis on local/organic foods. I love Bloomington! I went there for undergrad, so naturally I'm applying. Shooting for Northwestern but I wouldn't be disappointed to end up in Bloomington next fall.
This is great info from an insider! Thanks!

How far of a commute is Indy to B-town?

ChiButterfly

New

Post by ChiButterfly » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:00 am

eastofeden wrote:Shooting for Northwestern but I wouldn't be disappointed to end up in Bloomington next fall.
+1. Shooting for a T10, but I definitely wouldn't be disappointed either!

justadude55

Silver

Post by justadude55 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:17 am

they sent me a random fee waiver. is their job placement decent?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wildcathighfive

Bronze

Post by wildcathighfive » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:32 am

ChiButterfly wrote:
eastofeden wrote:Shooting for Northwestern but I wouldn't be disappointed to end up in Bloomington next fall.
+1. Shooting for a T10, but I definitely wouldn't be disappointed either!
+1 to this. My dad is an IU-B law grad, so it's in my blood.

eastofeden

New

Post by eastofeden » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:12 pm

angiej wrote:
eastofeden wrote:

This is great info from an insider! Thanks!

How far of a commute is Indy to B-town?

My mom lives in Indy and it's only a 40 minute drive down to Bloomington and she lives on the very southern tip of city limits, so to get there from downtown or vice versa you're looking at 55-60 minutes.

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:58 am

I finally got an email acknowledging my app. Apparently there is no status checker. On one hand, I'm grateful (one less thing to obsessively check) but on the other I'm irritated that I can't check! Ha!

DearCan

Bronze

Post by DearCan » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:28 am

angiej wrote:I finally got an email acknowledging my app. Apparently there is no status checker. On one hand, I'm grateful (one less thing to obsessively check) but on the other I'm irritated that I can't check! Ha!
No status checker?? Odd...

Hope to hear good news from you in the near future!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:23 am

DearCan wrote:
angiej wrote:I finally got an email acknowledging my app. Apparently there is no status checker. On one hand, I'm grateful (one less thing to obsessively check) but on the other I'm irritated that I can't check! Ha!
No status checker?? Odd...

Hope to hear good news from you in the near future!
Thanks!!!

I checked the past IU-B threads (http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =7&t=94358) and it looks like there hasn't been a status checker in past years. I think that's the only school I've applied to that doesn't utilize one.

RMstratosphere

Bronze

Post by RMstratosphere » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:07 am

Good luck all. I'm a current 1L, PM me if you'd like.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:00 pm

Trying to decide if I should apply! I've heard great things but I wonder if its throwing away money (auto-ding)

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:06 pm

Barbie wrote:Trying to decide if I should apply! I've heard great things but I wonder if its throwing away money (auto-ding)
Are you worried about your #'s being too low or too high (yield protect)? Ask for a fee waiver. They waive them automatically if you've received an LSAC fee waiver.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”