IU Bloomington Class of 2014 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
iowalum

Bronze

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Post by iowalum » Sun May 15, 2011 9:08 pm

just waiting it out 'til next year.... can we start the class of 2015 thread yet? :)

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Mon May 16, 2011 12:38 am

ooh, I'd be all over that. I think TLS has a rule against starting those until maybe August, but I'm not sure exactly

aquasalad

Bronze

Post by aquasalad » Mon May 16, 2011 1:46 pm

Jspain wrote:There's a pretty solid thread with some advice/debates about the best ways to prep for law school and exams over here in case anyone is interested: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=125
Outed for being a gunner.

Jspain

New

Post by Jspain » Mon May 16, 2011 8:01 pm

aquasalad wrote:
Jspain wrote:There's a pretty solid thread with some advice/debates about the best ways to prep for law school and exams over here in case anyone is interested: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=125

Offended! I'll out myself for having too much free time at work, but that is about it :)

800lb

New

Post by 800lb » Mon May 16, 2011 8:34 pm

WLed. I applied really late, so I expected to get dinged, but instead I get more crushing ambivalence. Withdrawing, probably.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Tue May 17, 2011 12:54 am

Jspain wrote:
aquasalad wrote:

Offended! I'll out myself for having too much free time at work, but that is about it :)
jealous.

flexityflex86

Silver

Post by flexityflex86 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:22 am

Congrats guys. Bloomington is an awesome city, everyone at ASW was really cool, and the bars were a lot of fun. I have no doubt Bloomington would have been the most fun and enjoyable of any law school in the US. Outta curiosity, did anyone get their travel expenses reimbursed yet? It's been almost 2 months now.

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Tue May 17, 2011 8:37 am

flexityflex86 wrote:Congrats guys. Bloomington is an awesome city, everyone at ASW was really cool, and the bars were a lot of fun. I have no doubt Bloomington would have been the most fun and enjoyable of any law school in the US. Outta curiosity, did anyone get their travel expenses reimbursed yet? It's been almost 2 months now.
crap. I forgot to submit mine. Was there a deadline on that?

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Tue May 17, 2011 8:53 am

TommyK wrote:
flexityflex86 wrote:Congrats guys. Bloomington is an awesome city, everyone at ASW was really cool, and the bars were a lot of fun. I have no doubt Bloomington would have been the most fun and enjoyable of any law school in the US. Outta curiosity, did anyone get their travel expenses reimbursed yet? It's been almost 2 months now.
April 5th. Call them and maybe they can still help you out.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Tue May 17, 2011 9:48 am

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
TommyK wrote:
April 5th. Call them and maybe they can still help you out.
Roger. Thanks.

aquasalad

Bronze

Post by aquasalad » Tue May 31, 2011 12:32 pm

I just moved into my apartment in Bloomington, this place is like a ghost town at the moment

iowalum

Bronze

Post by iowalum » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:42 pm

aquasalad wrote:I just moved into my apartment in Bloomington, this place is like a ghost town at the moment
Except for the tornadoes! (I'm in Columbus, IN)

Any more movement on the waitlist?

aquasalad

Bronze

Post by aquasalad » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:54 pm

Ya its pretty sad about the tornadoes. On my way up to school I drove through ground zero of the one that hit about 45 minutes south of Bloomington- I have never seen the destruction first hand and it was amazing- it seemed like every tree was snapped in two, lots of houses were messed up and I saw a few mobile homes that were stuck up in trees. The place wasn't flattened like Joplin or Tuscaloosa, but it was pretty bad. Bloomington lost a lot of old trees too, there are people with chainsaws everywhere, especially by Kroger and on campus.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:00 pm

Anyone receive financial aid packets?

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:19 am

What's up guys? The unthinkable happened, and I received an offer of admission off of the waitlist in the beginning of May. I found earlier this week that I am receiving money! I will be attending unless another waitlist works out. I am pretty happy. Is there a facebook group (I am assuming it's been posted somewhere in this thread)? I am also very interested in the MBA program. I do not qualify for the 3 year accelerated program, but the 4 year one looks good to me as well. Is anyone else considering the JD/MBA? The online site doesn't appear to be a fountain of information. I am looking for places to live near by the law school. Any suggestions? I am even considering the on campus housing options.

On another note, how is the gym? I like to workout as it clears my head and frustration.

brokenwindows

New

Post by brokenwindows » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:02 pm

Verity wrote:Anyone receive financial aid packets?
Last edited by brokenwindows on Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jspain

New

Post by Jspain » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:02 am

jaydizzle wrote:What's up guys? The unthinkable happened, and I received an offer of admission off of the waitlist in the beginning of May. I found earlier this week that I am receiving money! I will be attending unless another waitlist works out. I am pretty happy. Is there a facebook group (I am assuming it's been posted somewhere in this thread)? I am also very interested in the MBA program. I do not qualify for the 3 year accelerated program, but the 4 year one looks good to me as well. Is anyone else considering the JD/MBA? The online site doesn't appear to be a fountain of information. I am looking for places to live near by the law school. Any suggestions? I am even considering the on campus housing options.

On another note, how is the gym? I like to workout as it clears my head and frustration.

Congrats on acceptance and $$. As far as facebook goes, search for "Maurer School of Law 2014" and you should find both a page to "like" and a group. There are quite a few posts with info about apartments, subletting, and people looking for roommates. Goodluck!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

barklm

New

Post by barklm » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:34 pm

I can say with relative certainty that I'll be at IUB this fall. I visited the area last week and took a look at some apartments - I hope to move-in around 7/15 for those that will be around!

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:44 pm

brokenwindows wrote:
Verity wrote:Anyone receive financial aid packets?
Curious about this too. Nothing here yet.

I'm curious about what's actually in it. I did the FAFSA. Are they going to negotiate private loans?

kehoema2

Bronze

Post by kehoema2 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:35 pm

Hey, sorry I’m withdrawing from IU-B. I already signed a lease, and trying to release my lease, so if you’re looking for a great place to live please contact me.

Rent: $330 a month with heat included
Address: 320 E. University Street (4/5 blocks from the law school building)

2 bedrooms, shared bathroom. My roommate is already on the lease.

If you have any questions, please PM me.

iowalum

Bronze

Post by iowalum » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:20 pm

soooo.... nothing off the wait-list?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:24 pm

Who's looking forward to orientation? I have a feeling this is going to be a good class.

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:42 pm

Verity wrote:Who's looking forward to orientation? I have a feeling this is going to be a good class.
I am! I am a bit worried though. I started my apartment hunt late, so my place is off campus, and I have no car. They have shuttles to the law school though, and it is on the bus route. I need to make some friends with those of you who have cars. I will split the gas for shopping :)

lalalawya

Bronze

Post by lalalawya » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:47 pm

jaydizzle wrote:
Verity wrote:Who's looking forward to orientation? I have a feeling this is going to be a good class.
I am! I am a bit worried though. I started my apartment hunt late, so my place is off campus, and I have no car. They have shuttles to the law school though, and it is on the bus route. I need to make some friends with those of you who have cars. I will split the gas for shopping :)
Are you from Bloomington?
Just FYI, in case you have never lived in Bloomington, the bus lines in the town are very good. You can hop on a city bus (free with student ID) and take it anywhere--from campus, to the bars, to the mall, Kroger, bank, places to eat, etc. Though having a car may make things a little easier...I wouldn't sweat not having one. Also, if you are an out-of-stater, there is a shuttle that leaves from campus that takes you directly to the airport.

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:53 pm

lalalawya wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:
Are you from Bloomington?
Just FYI, in case you have never lived in Bloomington, the bus lines in the town are very good. You can hop on a city bus (free with student ID) and take it anywhere--from campus, to the bars, to the mall, Kroger, bank, places to eat, etc. Though having a car may make things a little easier...I wouldn't sweat not having one. Also, if you are an out-of-stater, there is a shuttle that leaves from campus that takes you directly to the airport.
Oh, that's good to know that the bus is free, I was all set to buy a monthly pass :!:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”