IU Bloomington Class of 2014 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chrisnashville

Bronze

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Post by chrisnashville » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:27 pm

zla2014 wrote:Can anybody tell me how long it takes to get your IU ID # after you accept?
I think it was about a week. Not that having it has done me much good so far :-)

twairlines

Bronze

Post by twairlines » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:34 pm

zla2014 wrote:Can anybody tell me how long it takes to get your IU ID # after you accept?
Wrong thread....this is now "Path to the Draft"....please direct your question elsewhere. :lol:

...I accepted my offer March 26, and received my UID April 6. But people who accepted before and after me received it that same day, so there is no set waiting period to receive it. You are not missing much, as all we can do is basically look around with limited access.

zla2014

Bronze

Post by zla2014 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:45 pm

twairlines wrote:
Wrong thread....this is now "Path to the Draft"....please direct your question elsewhere. :lol:

...I accepted my offer March 26, and received my UID April 6. But people who accepted before and after me received it that same day, so there is no set waiting period to receive it. You are not missing much, as all we can do is basically look around with limited access.
Being from LA and having no team + being a girl who is not into football, I cannot contribute to your discussion. But when you guys find the time to watch games after out first year, I'll bring the chicken wings! lol

aquasalad

Bronze

Post by aquasalad » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:54 pm

I accepted March 18th and got my credentials April 6.

kublaikahn

Silver

Post by kublaikahn » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:03 pm

zla2014 wrote:
twairlines wrote:

Being from LA and having no team + being a girl who is not into football, I cannot contribute to your discussion. But when you guys find the time to watch games after out first year, I'll bring the chicken wings! lol
You have a team, da RAIDAHS!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

zla2014

Bronze

Post by zla2014 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:07 pm

kublaikahn wrote:
zla2014 wrote:
twairlines wrote:

Oakland is a good 4-5 hours away and the fans are annoying.. Oh and the team SUCKS. not a fan. lol.

chrisnashville

Bronze

Post by chrisnashville » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:14 pm

twairlines wrote:
Hah! I'm putting together an NFL draft package at work now and I've found myself watching the QB prospects for the Titans a little longer than I probably need to... A U.S. senator walked by my desk a minute ago and it was hard to keep my eyes off of Colin Kaepernick highlights....I just hope the Bengals aren't choosing between him and Ricky Stanzi at the top of the 2nd :D And I still intend to jump off my balcony if Akili Smith Newton goes No.4.

Anonyme

New

Post by Anonyme » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:05 pm

Hello everyone, a friend directed me to this forum. I'm going to be at IU-B this fall, and I'm currently looking for a roommate. It's a two-bedroom, two-bath apartment available in a quiet, mature community. Looking for a roommate, male or female, preferably a law student. The apartment is at Renwick City Flats, which located approximately 2 miles from the law school ( --LinkRemoved-- , see New York model). Rent (including utilities, television and internet) will be $725/month. A bus route to the law school, starting at 7:10AM Monday through Friday, runs about every 5-10 minutes. The apartment was constructed in December of 2009, and is practically brand new. Each room is very spacious and has its own bathroom. The apartment has 12-foot ceilings, a porch, a full kitchen, and a living room. Photos and a floor-plan are available upon request. The ideal roommate would be a reasonably quiet, responsible law student, with no pets or distracting habits.

Feel free to send me a "PM" regarding the room.

flexityflex86

Silver

Post by flexityflex86 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:07 pm

Oakland is a good 4-5 hours away and the fans are annoying.. Oh and the team SUCKS. not a fan. lol.[/quote]
on their behalf, they are on the way up. they are a strong QB and maybe a true stud WR away from contending. they have a stud rb, the 2nd best CB in the game, and decent lines.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chrisnashville

Bronze

Post by chrisnashville » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:31 pm

flexityflex86 wrote:

Oakland is a good 4-5 hours away and the fans are annoying.. Oh and the team SUCKS. not a fan. lol.
on their behalf, they are on the way up. they are a strong QB and maybe a true stud WR away from contending. they have a stud rb, the 2nd best CB in the game, and decent lines.[/quote]

Yeah, some talent but no consistency. I think Nnamdi is probably the best in the game, just not as hyped as his East-Coast counterpart.

twairlines

Bronze

Post by twairlines » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:37 pm

I heard comparisons of Newton to J Russsel, but to compare him to A. Smith deprives him of even being respected as a human being!! Yeah, Newton prob. is that bad; on John Gruden's QB Camp he said Newton couldn't even comprehend some of the basic universal terms that are used. I agree, throw Nnamdi on one of the highly covered East Coast teams and people would be calling him #1. BTW zla2014, you said after our first year when we are able to watch a game....this guy right here will bomb out his first year before he passes up watching the Vikings every week. I feel the others would agree with this statement in regards to their teams as well....now I just need to find a good sports bar that carries all the games.

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:46 pm

Zla, I accepted almost a month ago and haven't got my log-in info yet. Which is still making me a bit nervous, but it sounds like we aren't missing out.

And +1 to the chicken wings thing. I am all about football season for two reason: chicken wings and beer.

aquasalad

Bronze

Post by aquasalad » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:29 pm

STL who is that in your photo? very artsy

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:00 pm

aquasalad wrote:STL who is that in your photo? very artsy
Jenny Lewis from the band Rilo Kiley. She's super cute and I have quite the girl crush on her.

Speaking of which, can anyone from around the Bloomington area say anything about the music scene?

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:42 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:
Jenny Lewis from the band Rilo Kiley. She's super cute and I have quite the girl crush on her.

Speaking of which, can anyone from around the Bloomington area say anything about the music scene?
If you like classical music, opera, ballet, and plays, the Jacobs School of Music puts on lots of shows. They're awesome - tied with Juilliard for the #1 spot. Otherwise, I haven't really heard about a music "scene" anywhere near Bloomington.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:02 pm

Verity wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:

If you like classical music, opera, ballet, and plays, the Jacobs School of Music puts on lots of shows. They're awesome - tied with Juilliard for the #1 spot. Otherwise, I haven't really heard about a music "scene" anywhere near Bloomington.
I live in Indy and have several friends at IU. It is supposed to be incredible, the only culturally significant place in the state. They have a lot of really good local (indy bands, I think) music around and also draw pretty good concerts.

aquasalad

Bronze

Post by aquasalad » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:49 pm

john mellencamp and david lee roth live there, so its got that going for it

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

beidoun

Bronze

Post by beidoun » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:20 am

twairlines wrote:I heard comparisons of Newton to J Russsel, but to compare him to A. Smith deprives him of even being respected as a human being!! Yeah, Newton prob. is that bad; on John Gruden's QB Camp he said Newton couldn't even comprehend some of the basic universal terms that are used. I agree, throw Nnamdi on one of the highly covered East Coast teams and people would be calling him #1. BTW zla2014, you said after our first year when we are able to watch a game....this guy right here will bomb out his first year before he passes up watching the Vikings every week. I feel the others would agree with this statement in regards to their teams as well....now I just need to find a good sports bar that carries all the games.
+1 I will be watching my lions every weekend, that is one thing I can not live without. There is two things I plan to make time for in the fall, the lions and fantasy football. I also have season tickets, so when I go home on breaks I will be attending the games.

Lions at Vikings week 4. Hopefully your new qb hasn't jelled with the team yet at that point.

chrisnashville

Bronze

Post by chrisnashville » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:34 am

So it's pretty clear we need to do a fantasy football league, yes?

kublaikahn

Silver

Post by kublaikahn » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:37 pm

chrisnashville wrote:So it's pretty clear we need to do a fantasy football league, yes?
If thats what you want, I'll be happy to take your money. :)

chrisnashville

Bronze

Post by chrisnashville » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:03 pm

That's the most likely outcome, for sure. I'm still waiting on Tim Hightower to have his breakout year.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

stephan75th

New

Post by stephan75th » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:31 pm

chrisnashville wrote:So it's pretty clear we need to do a fantasy football league, yes?
I'm in

beidoun

Bronze

Post by beidoun » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:52 pm

stephan75th wrote:
I'm in
Im in.

columbia86

Bronze

Post by columbia86 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:42 pm

beidoun wrote:
stephan75th wrote:
I'm in
Im in.
Is this in IUB only league? Cuz if not, I'm in. (I withdrew)

tlabrum3

New

Post by tlabrum3 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:28 pm

If we've formally accepted and received out ID via email, is there anything else we should be doing as far as enrollment, etc? Hopefully there's some big packet on it's way in the mail.

Speaking of football, does anyone know if the Bears games are aired each week in the Bloomington area? I spent the last four years out West and was always stuck watching the local teams out there.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”