SMU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ebo
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby ebo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:42 pm

lokist86 wrote:Just a quick question. What's the 25%, median and 75% GPA for SMU? I have the stats for all these law schools all mixed together by now >.<

Also full-time here, btw.

3.3, 3.7, 3.8 I think

baileyb3
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 3:04 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby baileyb3 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:07 pm

hey guys sorry for this incredibly annoying question... I have a 166/3.5 and still no status update. Is it too early to enter freak out mode?

User avatar
ebo
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby ebo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:08 pm

baileyb3 wrote:hey guys sorry for this incredibly annoying question... I have a 166/3.5 and still no status update. Is it too early to enter freak out mode?

No, not necessarily. When did you apply?

baileyb3
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 3:04 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby baileyb3 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:23 pm

ebo wrote:
baileyb3 wrote:hey guys sorry for this incredibly annoying question... I have a 166/3.5 and still no status update. Is it too early to enter freak out mode?

No, not necessarily. When did you apply?


EA I went complete on 11/15

User avatar
lamentable
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby lamentable » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:25 pm

Held for further review. Is the general consensus here that being held isn't the same as being waitlisted? It sure sounds similar...

User avatar
swiftwings88
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:42 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby swiftwings88 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:26 pm

i don't think we're gonna hear anything till monday. it sounds too dead around the internets. smu hasn't even started calling people. :cry:

User avatar
pokerlaw
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:33 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby pokerlaw » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:32 pm

lamentable wrote:Held for further review. Is the general consensus here that being held isn't the same as being waitlisted? It sure sounds similar...


This was posted a few pages back:

"How to apply" page it states, "If your application is held for further review, it will be reconsidered with regular decision applications."

asuusa
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:23 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby asuusa » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:37 pm

Heard nothing- 167, last name A. Status updated to today. Really, really wanting a phone call today. Any word on when we hear about scholarships? I'm hoping it's a quick mention on the phone to make this easy and end my cycle.

User avatar
Iconoclast
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 10:10 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby Iconoclast » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:41 pm

lamentable wrote:Held for further review. Is the general consensus here that being held isn't the same as being waitlisted? It sure sounds similar...


Held is better than waitlisted. If you are held for further review, your app gets considered again when they process regular decision applicants. There are still spots open and you are still in the running for one of those spots. If you are waitlisted, they have filled all the spots and the only way you can get in is if someone who has been accepted withdraws.

As for the guy who got a call from an unknown number - if I remember correctly, they left a message last year if you didn't answer. So if you didn't get a voice mail, it probably wasn't from SMU.

User avatar
ebo
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby ebo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:54 pm

swiftwings88 wrote:i don't think we're gonna hear anything till monday. it sounds too dead around the internets. smu hasn't even started calling people. :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tJjNVVwRCY

User avatar
maqkitty214
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby maqkitty214 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:59 pm

ebo wrote:
swiftwings88 wrote:i don't think we're gonna hear anything till monday. it sounds too dead around the internets. smu hasn't even started calling people. :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tJjNVVwRCY



FUCK IT! WE'LL DO IT LIVE!!

Haha we say that around my office as a go-to response. Good one.

User avatar
ebo
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby ebo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:01 pm

maqkitty214 wrote:
ebo wrote:
swiftwings88 wrote:i don't think we're gonna hear anything till monday. it sounds too dead around the internets. smu hasn't even started calling people. :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tJjNVVwRCY



FUCK IT! WE'LL DO IT LIVE!!

Haha we say that around my office as a go-to response. Good one.

My all-time favorite YouTube clip. Probably watched it 300 times

User avatar
simontemplar
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:28 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby simontemplar » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:03 pm

ebo wrote:
swiftwings88 wrote:i don't think we're gonna hear anything till monday. it sounds too dead around the internets. smu hasn't even started calling people. :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tJjNVVwRCY


Haahahahahhahaahaa

User avatar
maqkitty214
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby maqkitty214 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:05 pm

ebo wrote:
maqkitty214 wrote:
ebo wrote:
swiftwings88 wrote:i don't think we're gonna hear anything till monday. it sounds too dead around the internets. smu hasn't even started calling people. :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tJjNVVwRCY



FUCK IT! WE'LL DO IT LIVE!!

Haha we say that around my office as a go-to response. Good one.

My all-time favorite YouTube clip. Probably watched it 300 times


I CAN'T READ IT!! THERE AREN'T ANY WOOOOORDS!!! The awkward thing is when people haven't seen it and think I am just yelling at my employees. On second thought, that's probably the best response: confusion and being offended.

User avatar
simontemplar
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:28 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby simontemplar » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:51 pm

This suspense is epic, but I'm still holding out for some calls today. :)

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Still no update here, but I'm holding out hope that they just haven't read my app yet and will get to me on Monday. :D

bartleby
Posts: 1315
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby bartleby » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:15 pm

No love from SMU either. Then again, I didn't apply ED.

User avatar
swiftwings88
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:42 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby swiftwings88 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:53 pm

wow, they really are gonna take right up until the 31st.

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby Burgstaller04 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:59 pm

swiftwings88 wrote:wow, they really are gonna take right up until the 31st.
F. Looks that way.

User avatar
simontemplar
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:28 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby simontemplar » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:10 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:Still no update here, but I'm holding out hope that they just haven't read my app yet and will get to me on Monday. :D


Hang in there warflamingo!

User avatar
swiftwings88
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:42 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby swiftwings88 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Burgstaller04 wrote:
swiftwings88 wrote:wow, they really are gonna take right up until the 31st.
F. Looks that way.


if this were a business they'd be out of business

User avatar
ebo
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby ebo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:37 pm

Does anyone know if the admissions department is open on Saturday?

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby Burgstaller04 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:38 pm

ebo wrote:Does anyone know if the admissions department is open on Saturday?

Didn't someone say that last year people were getting calls until like 7 pm CST? I don't care. At this point i'm hanging up my hope until Monday

User avatar
Longhorn88
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:40 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby Longhorn88 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:40 pm

Just got a call!


From my mom, she was wondering what time I was going to be getting in tonight. Going back to Dallas for the weekend.

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby Burgstaller04 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:48 pm

Longhorn88 wrote:Just got a call! From my mom, she was wondering what time I was going to be getting in tonight. Going back to Dallas for the weekend.
You're dead to me.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”