SMU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
swiftwings88
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:42 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby swiftwings88 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:36 am

thewarflamingo wrote:What are yalls lsats? Mine hasn't updated and I'm freaking out! Also, first letter of last names?


LSAT 165
Last name starts with L

also, this seems to indicate to me that they are gonna be mailing all acceptances. so we won't know for another week. or am i mistaken, will they still call the acceptances?

ClutchCity24
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby ClutchCity24 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:37 am

changed to today's date as well.

165, 3.33

Last name starts with C

User avatar
ebo
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby ebo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:38 am

swiftwings88 wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:What are yalls lsats? Mine hasn't updated and I'm freaking out! Also, first letter of last names?


LSAT 165
Last name starts with L

also, this seems to indicate to me that they are gonna be mailing all acceptances. so we won't know for another week. or am i mistaken, will they still call the acceptances?

In previous years, they've apparently said that no acceptances are given out over the phone (if you call them, I guess) but people have still received calls from Admissions telling them they were admitted.

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby Burgstaller04 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:39 am

Based on last year, they'll still call. 169. J.

User avatar
swiftwings88
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:42 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby swiftwings88 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:39 am

ebo wrote:In previous years, they've apparently said that no acceptances are given out over the phone (if you call them, I guess) but people have still received calls from Admissions telling them they were admitted.


thanks, i would really like a call today

User avatar
ebo
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby ebo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:40 am

swiftwings88 wrote:
ebo wrote:In previous years, they've apparently said that no acceptances are given out over the phone (if you call them, I guess) but people have still received calls from Admissions telling them they were admitted.


thanks, i would really like a call today

+1

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:42 am

Has anyone with a 164 updated? It seems like they are only updating 165+.

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby SrLaw » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:42 am

My app just went "Complete 1/28" ??? Anyone have insight?


#'s are 167/3.4
Last edited by SrLaw on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
plug1
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby plug1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:42 am

165 G

User avatar
ebo
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby ebo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:42 am

Just went back and re-stalked the SMU 2010 thread. First acceptance calls on Friday went out around 10am CT. This probably has zero significance whatsoever.

User avatar
Jackson Pollock
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:22 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby Jackson Pollock » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:43 am

lawboy22 wrote:
lokist86 wrote:
Burgstaller04 wrote:
ebo wrote:Also, this at the top:

"You may notice that your current status date has changed. This is either because a portion of your file has been updated or the initial review of your file has been completed. Nither of these situations change your early, regular, or late decision standing. We are unable to release decisions by phone or email. All final decisions will be mailed."


Me too!


+2!


+3!!!! Hopefully today is the day!


+4

User avatar
simontemplar
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:28 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby simontemplar » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:44 am

170 towards the beg of alphabet

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby SrLaw » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:44 am

Will they call to to let us know that we have been accepted? or no?

lokist86
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:56 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby lokist86 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:48 am

166, 3.6 - T

Seems like I might be waiting for awhile if they do call down the alphabet.

User avatar
swiftwings88
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:42 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby swiftwings88 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:48 am

ebo wrote:Just went back and re-stalked the SMU 2010 thread. First acceptance calls on Friday went out around 10am CT. This probably has zero significance whatsoever.


well thank you for opening pandoras box. i will now have to carry my phone with me everywhere and i will be checking it constantly

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby SrLaw » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:49 am

SrLaw wrote:Will they call to to let us know that we have been accepted? or no?

User avatar
ebo
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby ebo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:50 am

swiftwings88 wrote:
ebo wrote:Just went back and re-stalked the SMU 2010 thread. First acceptance calls on Friday went out around 10am CT. This probably has zero significance whatsoever.


well thank you for opening pandoras box. i will now have to carry my phone with me everywhere and i will be checking it constantly

I guess we can all suffer together

lokist86
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:56 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby lokist86 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:50 am

ebo wrote:
swiftwings88 wrote:
ebo wrote:Just went back and re-stalked the SMU 2010 thread. First acceptance calls on Friday went out around 10am CT. This probably has zero significance whatsoever.


well thank you for opening pandoras box. i will now have to carry my phone with me everywhere and i will be checking it constantly

I guess we can all suffer together


will be stalking phone and forum all day now. bye bye productivity at work =P

User avatar
swiftwings88
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:42 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby swiftwings88 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:51 am

ebo wrote:
swiftwings88 wrote:
ebo wrote:Just went back and re-stalked the SMU 2010 thread. First acceptance calls on Friday went out around 10am CT. This probably has zero significance whatsoever.


well thank you for opening pandoras box. i will now have to carry my phone with me everywhere and i will be checking it constantly

I guess we can all suffer together


nothing helps misery like sharing it

12thman2011
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:55 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby 12thman2011 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:51 am

You may notice that your current status date has changed. This is either because a portion of your file has been updated or the initial review of your file has been completed. Nither of these situations change your early, regular, or late decision standing. We are unable to release decisions by phone or email. All final decisions will be mailed.

This is what it says on the top pf my status checker now. Mine updated Last name A 167. I already got into Texas and heard from them twice. SMU is pissing me off because they are taking so long.
Last edited by 12thman2011 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waketiger
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:27 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby waketiger » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:56 am

thewarflamingo wrote:Has anyone with a 164 updated? It seems like they are only updating 165+.


No update for me yet and I'm a 164. Not looking promising

lokist86
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:56 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby lokist86 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:02 pm

Not to jinx myself by looking ahead or anything (as I haven't even been accepted yet), but does anyone know how likely it is for 3.6/166 candidate to get scholly $$ for SMU? They're def on steep end for a Texas education. =(

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:03 pm

waketiger wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:Has anyone with a 164 updated? It seems like they are only updating 165+.


No update for me yet and I'm a 164. Not looking promising

Ok, glad I'm not the only one. I think/hope they are just working on the higher people before they get to us since we haven't been held or anything yet.

User avatar
swiftwings88
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:42 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby swiftwings88 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:03 pm

lokist86 wrote:Not to jinx myself by looking ahead or anything (as I haven't even been accepted yet), but does anyone know how likely it is for 3.6/166 candidate to get scholly $$ for SMU? They're def on steep end for a Texas education. =(


you have an excellent shot at getting at least half tuition i would think

User avatar
rupret1
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby rupret1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:14 pm

My date also updated to today. 169. My family is in Dallas and my mom really wants me at SMU. She keeps mentioning it, but the money would have to be really good to get me there. Maybe so.

Does anyone know how this early decision works? I can't remember. I know I didn't apply to a binding early decision. Is it like UT's that you get reviewed first but you aren't bound?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”