SMU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
wellington
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby wellington » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:57 pm

Iconoclast wrote:That's my strategy. Unfortunately, I only have until next Friday to do it... and have a couple other exams to contend with in the meantime. :mrgreen:


+10000

The "Don't go to class or do shit for Civ Pro Method" is trying to bite me in the ass. E&E, save me!

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23886
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby Thirteen » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:04 pm

wellington wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:That's my strategy. Unfortunately, I only have until next Friday to do it... and have a couple other exams to contend with in the meantime. :mrgreen:


+10000

The "Don't go to class or do shit for Civ Pro Method" is trying to bite me in the ass. E&E, save me!


Get the Crunchtime supplement. Flow charts ftw.

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby fathergoose » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:24 pm

Gecko of Doom wrote:Don't mess with us. You know we're this close to doing it.

MBusch is just messing with you guys. You don't need to read the E&Es for all the classes. Just Civ Pro, Kx, Property and Torts. You can probably get by with just having read Chereminsky going into Con Law second semester.

Edited for Iphone typos
Last edited by fathergoose on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23886
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby Thirteen » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:38 pm

fathergoose wrote:
Gecko of Doom wrote:Don't mess with us. You know we're this close to doing it.

MBusch is just messing with you guys. You don't need to real the E&Es for all the classes. Just Civ Pro, Kx, Property and Torts. You can probably get buy with just having read Chereminsky going into Con Law second semester.


Don't forget about Dressler's Understanding Criminal Law.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11721
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby kalvano » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:54 pm

Pay no attention to these jackasses. You don't need to do anything like that over the summer.













































Besides, I am sure there are plenty of opportunities for the bottom 10%.

User avatar
smithc2011
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby smithc2011 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:15 pm

I hate everyone.

tryan
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:01 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby tryan » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:24 pm

kalvano wrote:Pay no attention to these jackasses. You don't need to do anything like that over the summer.



Besides, I am sure there are plenty of opportunities for the bottom 10%.


Sorry, if I'm asking a dumb question, but do you seriously recommend reading them over the summer? I've heard its pretty pointless and doesn't help to read anything like those "cliff notes for law" books during the summer, but that they are helpful to read once you've actually started the class to get a "big picture" perspective.

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby fathergoose » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:39 pm

I'd save serious questions about 1L year until sometime in May or June. 1Ls are bit touchy and stressed currently.

The short answer is it depends (as you'll find is the answer to every question in law school it seems)

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11721
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby kalvano » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:02 pm

tryan wrote:
kalvano wrote:Pay no attention to these jackasses. You don't need to do anything like that over the summer.



Besides, I am sure there are plenty of opportunities for the bottom 10%.


Sorry, if I'm asking a dumb question, but do you seriously recommend reading them over the summer? I've heard its pretty pointless and doesn't help to read anything like those "cliff notes for law" books during the summer, but that they are helpful to read once you've actually started the class to get a "big picture" perspective.



No, don't. Enjoy your summer. You'll have plenty of time to read them during the year.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11721
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU 2011

Postby kalvano » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:04 pm

fathergoose wrote:I'd save serious questions about 1L year until sometime in May or June. 1Ls are bit touchy and stressed currently.




I've actually been keeping up with Civ Pro, so my stress level is fairly low.

Also, entirely sure I am getting a C- on my brief, so my current exam grades don't count.

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby Burgstaller04 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:53 am

smithc2011 wrote:I hate everyone.

User avatar
OklahomasOK
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby OklahomasOK » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:51 am

...still waiting.

avery87
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:31 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby avery87 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:59 am

OklahomasOK wrote:...still waiting.


Me toooo. SMU, you are by far the last app I'm waiting on. I'm also well above your medians. WTF.

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:17 am

OklahomasOK wrote:...still waiting.

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby thewarflamingo » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:54 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
OklahomasOK wrote:...still waiting.

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby Capitalist » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Held and...

thewarflamingo wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:
OklahomasOK wrote:...still waiting.

User avatar
TJISMYHERO
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby TJISMYHERO » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:24 pm

Capitalist wrote:Held and...

thewarflamingo wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:
OklahomasOK wrote:...still waiting.


+1

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby thewarflamingo » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:28 pm

Capitalist wrote:Held and...

thewarflamingo wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:
OklahomasOK wrote:...still waiting.

Ah yes, I should have clarified too, I was held and am still waiting.



...but it's only been 6 months though, so what's a couple more weeks at this point??? :roll:

david787
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:30 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby david787 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:32 pm

They are really going by the legal definition of "late April" aren't they.

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby thewarflamingo » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:53 pm

david787 wrote:They are really going by the legal definition of "late April" aren't they.

Apparently they are hoping to get decisions out this week, but that it may take a couple weeks into May to get decisions to everyone. This is secondhand information from someone who called SMU.

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby Capitalist » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:01 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
david787 wrote:They are really going by the legal definition of "late April" aren't they.

Apparently they are hoping to get decisions out this week, but that it may take a couple weeks into May to get decisions to everyone. This is secondhand information from someone who called SMU.


I wonder why they only send out decisions via snail mail...

User avatar
TJISMYHERO
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby TJISMYHERO » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:05 pm

I believe recent decisions have come via status-checker and phone call preceding snail mail packet.

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby thewarflamingo » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:06 pm

Capitalist wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
david787 wrote:They are really going by the legal definition of "late April" aren't they.

Apparently they are hoping to get decisions out this week, but that it may take a couple weeks into May to get decisions to everyone. This is secondhand information from someone who called SMU.


I wonder why they only send out decisions via snail mail...

Well your status checker will update saying what the decision is and I think I remember reading that some people got acceptance phone calls, but I'm not 100% positive about the phone calls because I read way too many of these threads and it all becomes a blur. Anyway, you'll find out via status checker long before you get your letter in the mail. Now you can start/continue to obsessively stalk your status checker for the next few weeks.

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby Capitalist » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:10 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:Now you can start/continue to obsessively stalk your status checker for the next few weeks.


Work has been so slow these past few days, that I've run down my cell phone battery by constantly checking statuses and TLS. 8)

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: SMU 2011

Postby thewarflamingo » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Capitalist wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:Now you can start/continue to obsessively stalk your status checker for the next few weeks.


Work has been so slow these past few days, that I've run down my cell phone battery by constantly checking statuses and TLS. 8)

lol on a normal basis I actually do really well with not checking my status or obsessing about hearing from SMU. However, I'm pretty tired of people asking me if I've heard yet because then I start to stress the f out about it. :oops: I don't know why, but my friends and family think I should have some kind of mystical control over when I'll hear back. They don't understand that it's COMPLETELY out of my hands. *sigh*




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”