SMU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fathergoose

Re: SMU 2011

Postby fathergoose » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Capitol A wrote:Is a sense of decorum considered a douchie trait?

Don't confuse a sense of decorum with being a douche.

Good luck wherever you end up.

Capitol A

Postby Capitol A » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:00 pm

fathergoose wrote:
alphasteve wrote:We try to have a douche-free school. To the best we can, the community policies it. You, sir, are being a douche. And I am glad to hear you've withdrawn.

This

That's fine, but i'm having trouble seeing how respecting the current students and professor of your potential school is douchie.
This chick must be super hot.

Capitol A

Postby Capitol A » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:02 pm

fathergoose wrote:
Capitol A wrote:Is a sense of decorum considered a douchie trait?

Don't confuse a sense of decorum with being a douche.

Good luck wherever you end up.

Being on time. Paying attention, especially when one is a guest, are both matters of decorum, not douchieness.

labeauche

Postby labeauche » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:03 pm

Longhorn88 wrote:I withdrew from SMU weeks ago.

Thank makes me feel a lot better about the situation. Back to opening day celebrations.

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:04 pm

Capitol A wrote:Being on time. Paying attention, especially when one is a guest, are both matters of decorum, not douchieness.

Making harsh comments on a situational circumstance which you were not present is a matter of douchieness and not decorum

Thirteen

Postby Thirteen » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:04 pm

Longhorn88 wrote:
fathergoose wrote:And that sucks for nodding off guy, Crespi does not go down well hungover. Nobody wants to hear about the finer points of anticipatory repudiation while they are focusing really hard on not yakking.

Hope Crespi wasn't offended, it's habitual:

Nice.

End of the semester party:

West Campus last summer:
Last edited by Thirteen on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wellington

Postby wellington » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:06 pm

So you "withdrew" from SMU recently, which makes you a 0L. Try going to law school before lecturing us on "decorum."

ebo

Postby ebo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:06 pm

Why is some dude who withdrew weeks ago still posting in the SMU 2011 thread?

Thirteen

Postby Thirteen » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:07 pm

wellington wrote:So you "withdrew" from SMU recently, which makes you a 0L. Try going to law school before lecturing us on "decorum."

Yep.

wellington

Postby wellington » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:08 pm

ebo wrote:Why is some dude who withdrew weeks ago still posting in the SMU 2011 thread?

It's the rare proxy-gunner. The proxy-gunner kisses a law professor's ass who teaches at a school he will never go to.

Capitol A

Postby Capitol A » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:10 pm

ebo wrote:Why is some dude who withdrew weeks ago still posting in the SMU 2011 thread?

boredom.
Thirteen wrote:
wellington wrote:So you "withdrew" from SMU recently, which makes you a 0L. Try going to law school before lecturing us on "decorum."

Yep.

Do you need to be in law school to have a sense of decorum?
I'll stop now. This officially has nothing to do with SMU.

labeauche

Postby labeauche » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:11 pm

Thirteen wrote:
Longhorn88 wrote:
fathergoose wrote:And that sucks for nodding off guy, Crespi does not go down well hungover. Nobody wants to hear about the finer points of anticipatory repudiation while they are focusing really hard on not yakking.

Hope Crespi wasn't offended, it's habitual:

Nice.

End of the semester party:

--ImageRemoved--

West Campus last summer:

--ImageRemoved--

I like the Umbrella. It lets the casual observer know that while you are here to party, you are also prepared for the worst. Well played sir.

alphasteve

Postby alphasteve » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:16 pm

Capitol A wrote:
fathergoose wrote:
alphasteve wrote:We try to have a douche-free school. To the best we can, the community policies it. You, sir, are being a douche. And I am glad to hear you've withdrawn.

This

That's fine, but i'm having trouble seeing how respecting the current students and professor of your potential school is douchie.
This chick must be super hot.

Even if her actions were not respectable, calling someone out online for something they didn't even witness in person is what makes you a fucking douche, dude. I am a 2L.. I have no idea who this poster was. I wasn't in that class, so I can't judge those actions.. but I easily can judge yours.

ebo

Postby ebo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:19 pm

Capitol A is a pinhead, not a patriot.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:22 pm

labeauche wrote:
fathergoose wrote:
kalvano wrote:Props to the cute blonde who walked in late then played with her hair all throughout class.

She will have a much easier time finding 1L summer employment than I did.

I think you are talking about me. Sorry, I do not see the point of sitting in on a class that half of the language can be classified as legalese. Isn't it akin to trying to read a casebook the summer before you begin law school? Lots of energy expended with very little to show for it. I am sure he is an excellent prof, but it may have been easier to sit in on a class utilizing even a hint of the socratic method. For a bystander at least, it makes for a more dynamic experience. After sitting through several such lectures I probably should have learned my lesson and just skipped ahead to the tour. My bad.

Hey, I don't particularly care. I found it hard to pay attention, and I know what he was talking about. I didn't mean it in a bad way, I just enjoyed the fact that you were right next to him (if it was you...jeans, brown cowboy boots?) and obviously disinterested. I feel like more professors need to be informed when they aren't being particularly interesting.

Anyway, I would venture that most of the 1L's were paying less attention than you. Today's was a very uninteresting class, and having him do a review session right before the class always overloads me on Contracts.

Also, no one really uses the Socratic to any great extent, except Forrester, but Property sucks.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:27 pm

Also, isn't it a little more than rude to assume that people are defending her only because of how she physically looks? Perhaps it's actually because she wasn't out of line?

Thirteen

Postby Thirteen » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:27 pm

kalvano wrote:
labeauche wrote:
fathergoose wrote:
kalvano wrote:Props to the cute blonde who walked in late then played with her hair all throughout class.

She will have a much easier time finding 1L summer employment than I did.

I think you are talking about me. Sorry, I do not see the point of sitting in on a class that half of the language can be classified as legalese. Isn't it akin to trying to read a casebook the summer before you begin law school? Lots of energy expended with very little to show for it. I am sure he is an excellent prof, but it may have been easier to sit in on a class utilizing even a hint of the socratic method. For a bystander at least, it makes for a more dynamic experience. After sitting through several such lectures I probably should have learned my lesson and just skipped ahead to the tour. My bad.

Hey, I don't particularly care. I found it hard to pay attention, and I know what he was talking about. I didn't mean it in a bad way, I just enjoyed the fact that you were right next to him (if it was you...jeans, brown cowboy boots?) and obviously disinterested. I feel like more professors need to be informed when they aren't being particularly interesting.

Anyway, I would venture that most of the 1L's were paying less attention than you. Today's was a very uninteresting class, and having him do a review session right before the class always overloads me on Contracts.

Also, no one really uses the Socratic to any great extent, except Forrester, but Property sucks.

All of this is credited, especially the part about Property sucking.

wellington

Postby wellington » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:34 pm

Does it make me crazy for liking property?

EDIT: Thirteen I know you love Civ Pro--your opinion is tainted :)

labeauche

Postby labeauche » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:36 pm

Yeah Kalvano, that was me. Part of the joy of having phone with internet is that my boss can always reach me, even on my day off. If it redeems me at all, I really liked SMU and everyone I met today.

Oh and Thirteen, the jorts were a classy touch.

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:37 pm

wellington wrote:Does it make me crazy for liking property?

I don't mind it. I liked last semester a lot more than this semester though.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:46 pm

labeauche wrote:Yeah Kalvano, that was me. Part of the joy of having phone with internet is that my boss can always reach me, even on my day off. If it redeems me at all, I really liked SMU and everyone I met today.

Oh and Thirteen, the jorts were a classy touch.

Nothing to be redeemed. Like I said, I didn't mean anything negative at all by it.

Glad you enjoyed your time. I promise class isn't usually that bad.

Thirteen

Postby Thirteen » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:48 pm

fathergoose wrote:
wellington wrote:Does it make me crazy for liking property?

I don't mind it. I liked last semester a lot more than this semester though.

I'm the total opposite. I love this semester (relatively speaking, haha).

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:49 pm

Also, Thirteen, I figured out what your shorts reminded me of - Scout from To Kill A Mockingbird.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:49 pm

How can you like Civ Pro? I almost never go. It's like being hit with a hammer repeatedly.

Thirteen

Postby Thirteen » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:01 pm

kalvano wrote:How can you like Civ Pro? I almost never go. It's like being hit with a hammer repeatedly.

No clue. I'm surprised, because I fucking hated it last semester.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”