SMU 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Justathought

Silver

Re: SMU 2011

Post by Justathought » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:09 pm

Thirteen wrote:
Justathought wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:
fathergoose wrote:After the marathon Torts classes in there, Hillcrest has lost most of its appeal to me.

Also as far as facilities go, the UG library is like a 5 minute walk and is open 24 hours, not to mention it's usually full of sorority girls doing their study hours. It makes for a nice break from law school students.
How are the sorority ladies at SMU?
Too young for me. :cry: :cry: :cry:

new topic please.
I'm pushing 30, but I still creep at the rec center :twisted:
Yeah this is a problem, I'm 30 but look like no older than 25, and that's being generous. Plus I workout a lot so I'm sure I'd see the rec center daily. Girls will flirt, and I'll be miserable feeling like an old man. :oops:

the_drake

New

Post by the_drake » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:10 pm

ebo wrote: No, but in my experience they're not as slow as others. I still haven't heard from Tulane and I applied back in the beginning of November. And I just heard from W&M this week after applying in early Nov.

I got some fools gold with some extremely quick acceptances from UGA and WUSTL and a quick painless ding at UT. I think it's just left me irrationally impatient about the rest of my cycle.

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:12 pm

Justathought wrote:Yeah this is a problem, I'm 30 but look like no older than 25, and that's being generous. Plus I workout a lot so I'm sure I'd see the rec center daily. Girls will flirt, and I'll be miserable feeling like an old man. :oops:
Nothing quite like the first time you talk to a girl and realize that she was born in '92 to make you feel old

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:12 pm

fathergoose wrote:
Justathought wrote:Yeah this is a problem, I'm 30 but look like no older than 25, and that's being generous. Plus I workout a lot so I'm sure I'd see the rec center daily. Girls will flirt, and I'll be miserable feeling like an old man. :oops:
Nothing quite like the first time you talk to a girl and realize that she was born in '92 to make you feel old
This is quite true.

Scorch

New

Post by Scorch » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:15 pm

30 is old? :shock: Oh this is going to be interesting.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:16 pm

Scorch wrote:30 is old? :shock: Oh this is going to be interesting.
And my night is made. Thank you.

Edit: But seriously, 30 isn't old. I feel great. I just can't hit on 18 year olds until I find out I'm actually a prince from Monaco. That's the sad part.
Last edited by Justathought on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ebo

Bronze

Post by ebo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:20 pm

30? And some people don't think that's old? Is this the senior citizen's lounge?

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:21 pm

ebo wrote:30? And some people don't think that's old? Is this the senior citizen's lounge?
Get off my lawn!

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:26 pm

ebo wrote:30? And some people don't think that's old? Is this the senior citizen's lounge?
30 is old, but the 30 year old tend to take school very seriously and from what I've heard, in anecdotal circumstances, do very well on average.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:31 pm

fathergoose wrote:
So credited. I look at them and think, "But... That means that you don't remember the Dream Team."

Justathought, I also don't look my age, but I'm not complaining. I kinda feel like an old man at the gym, but it doesn't matter because I never approach girls there.

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:36 pm

Thirteen wrote:
fathergoose wrote:
So credited. I look at them and think, "But... That means that you don't remember the Dream Team."

Justathought, I also don't look my age, but I'm not complaining. I kinda feel like an old man at the gym, but it doesn't matter because I never approach girls there.
On the plus side, we are still very attractive to the 24 to 27 crowd, and that's a good thing. Still attractive, not as ridiculous.

Wow, I sound like a jerk. Still, I stand by my chauvinistic statement.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:36 pm

Why don't you go to to a Super Target, buy a broom, pay for it, put it in your car, take it home, put it up against a wall, hit it really hard so it splinters, take one broken-off splintery end, and shove it in your pooper.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:37 pm

Thirteen wrote:Justathought, I also don't look my age,

I think that's true, but the blinding pastel colors in his shirts make it hard to tell.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:40 pm

kalvano wrote:

Why don't you go to to a Super Target, buy a broom, pay for it, put it in your car, take it home, put it up against a wall, hit it really hard so it splinters, take one broken-off splintery end, and shove it in your pooper.
If I attend, I'll have to mention this thread as the deciding factor. Despite the 3 fortune 50 CEOs.

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:41 pm

kalvano wrote:

I think that's true, but the blinding pastel colors in his shirts make it hard to tell.
hahaha
kalvano wrote:Why don't you go to to a Super Target, buy a broom, pay for it, put it in your car, take it home, put it up against a wall, hit it really hard so it splinters, take one broken-off splintery end, and shove it in your pooper.
Brief writing has really improved your ranting abilities

scutarius

New

Post by scutarius » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:48 pm

When you see the 45 year old guy walk in, you can relax. Its not the professor, just me.

I remember being an undergrad and having older students in some of my classes. I used to think, "Why is that guy here? Isn't he just going to die soon?"

I'll try not to wear my Ray Bans and Walkman in class. If I begin to die, please take them off my head.

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:50 pm

betasteve wrote:
kalvano wrote:
lolol
Kiss my ass :evil:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:54 pm

Thirteen wrote:
betasteve wrote:
kalvano wrote:
lolol
Kiss my ass :evil:

That's OK. You have fashion sense at least. I wear nothing but jeans / shorts and cheap blank tee-shirts.

JRDallas11

New

Post by JRDallas11 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:55 pm

scutarius wrote:When you see the 45 year old guy walk in, you can relax. Its not the professor, just me.

I remember being an undergrad and having older students in some of my classes. I used to think, "Why is that guy here? Isn't he just going to die soon?"

I'll try not to wear my Ray Bans and Walkman in class. If I begin to die, please take them off my head.
Ray Bans and Walkman? So old. I'll be the modern guy with the Sony Discman, faded overalls hanging off one shoulder, rocking my Hypercolor T-Shirt.

IHaveLawyers

Bronze

Post by IHaveLawyers » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:59 pm

scutarius wrote:When you see the 45 year old guy walk in, you can relax. Its not the professor, just me.

raybans are totally in style dude, don't worry

nouseforaname123

Bronze

Post by nouseforaname123 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:01 pm

At 29, I feel like a "tweener" in Section 3. Just enough younger students without spouses and/or kids to make me feel old but enough over 30's to make me feel slightly young.

I will say this, I normally work out at LA Fitness and I've gotten in much better shape over the past couple of years (my 3 mile time is back under 21 minutes!). I was feeling quite good about myself until I went by the rec center to workout spring of my 1E year. Working out with the frat daddies reminded me I have a long way to go to recapture my undergrad form....

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

scutarius

New

Post by scutarius » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:03 pm

IHaveLawyers wrote:

raybans are totally in style dude, don't worry

Ah! Everything old is new again. How about my "Frankie Say Relax" t-shirt? I also have a Van Halen.

JRDallas11

New

Post by JRDallas11 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:05 pm

betasteve wrote:

LOL... you can wear your ray bans, man. Trust me.
This is correct. I have season tickets to SMU football so here's what you can expect to see on the Boulevard.

Dudes: Nantucket red shorts or pants. Patterns are ok. Button up shirt tucked in loosely. Loose hanging tie optional. Beiberfied hair. Neon Ray Bans/Kanye West glasses.

Ladies: Flow-y white dress. Shit-kicker boots (even if it's a bazillion degrees outside.) Ray Bans/Kanye West glasses optional.

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:09 pm

I'm really going to be out of style in Texas. Seriously, you will spot me across the room and say, "who the hell let in the NYer?"

Like, I don't even know what half these things are, but I'm certain I don't have them.

Edit: Granted I don't care, I take off my skinny jeans and beat up converse for no one!
Last edited by Justathought on Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:12 pm

Justathought wrote:I'm really going to be out of style in Texas. Seriously, you will spot me across the room and say, "who the hell let in the NYer?"

Like, I don't even know what half these things are, but I'm certain I don't have them.

Do you have a pair of regular shorts and a tee-shirt and some flip-flops?

You'll be fine.

I wear nothing but tee shirts, almost all of them the blank pocket tee's you can get for like $6 at J.C. Penney, and shorts (jeans in the winter).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”