SMU 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fathergoose

Silver

Re: SMU 2011

Post by fathergoose » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:25 pm

Honestly it looks like a school. It's not stunning inside (with the exception of maybe florence 207) but for the most part its very functional. Plenty of space in the library. The classrooms all have plenty of power outlets. The internet is usually good as long as its not Torts class where half the class is on netflix streaming movies. They have waterless urinals which kind of freaked me out the first time but I've adapted.

jacketman03

Silver

Post by jacketman03 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:26 pm

fathergoose wrote:They have waterless urinals which kind of freaked me out the first time but I've adapted.
That's just not right.

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:28 pm

fathergoose wrote:Honestly it looks like a school. It's not stunning inside (with the exception of maybe florence 207) but for the most part its very functional. Plenty of space in the library. The classrooms all have plenty of power outlets. The internet is usually good as long as its not Torts class where half the class is on netflix streaming movies. They have waterless urinals which kind of freaked me out the first time but I've adapted.
Damn, looks aren't important, but ample water in the urinal has always been a big selling point to me.

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:29 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
fathergoose wrote:They have waterless urinals which kind of freaked me out the first time but I've adapted.
That's just not right.
According to the signage is saves some ridiculous amount of water a year. It's the least I can do for the environment. I'm pretty sure that balances out me driving a gas guzzling SVU but I haven't run the numbers on that yet.

IHaveLawyers

Bronze

Post by IHaveLawyers » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:30 pm

I would give my nuts to go to SMU.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jacketman03

Silver

Post by jacketman03 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:32 pm

IHaveLawyers wrote:I would give my nuts to go to SMU.
+1

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:33 pm

fathergoose wrote:Honestly it looks like a school. It's not stunning inside (with the exception of maybe florence 207) but for the most part its very functional. Plenty of space in the library. The classrooms all have plenty of power outlets. The internet is usually good as long as its not Torts class where half the class is on netflix streaming movies. They have waterless urinals which kind of freaked me out the first time but I've adapted.

Hillcrest classroom is awesome.

Also, the new School of Education has these badass hand dryers by Dyson, the vacuum people, called "Airblades". You put your hand in it and it feels like air is literally scraping the water off.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:34 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
That's just not right.

It's freaky at first, but I used a regular urinal the other day and the loud flushing noise was bothersome.

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:34 pm

kalvano wrote:

Hillcrest classroom is awesome.

Also, the new School of Education has these badass hand dryers by Dyson, the vacuum people, called "Airblades". You put your hand in it and it feels like air is literally scraping the water off.
I've seen those, they are awesome. They make you hate all other dryers.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jacketman03

Silver

Post by jacketman03 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:35 pm

Justathought wrote:
kalvano wrote:Also, the new School of Education has these badass hand dryers by Dyson, the vacuum people, called "Airblades". You put your hand in it and it feels like air is literally scraping the water off.
I've seen those, they are awesome. They make you hate all other dryers.
I've used one once, and I concur with the both of y'all.

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:38 pm

After the marathon Torts classes in there, Hillcrest has lost most of its appeal to me.

Also as far as facilities go, the UG library is like a 5 minute walk and is open 24 hours, not to mention it's usually full of sorority girls doing their study hours. It makes for a nice break from law school students.

jacketman03

Silver

Post by jacketman03 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:40 pm

fathergoose wrote:After the marathon Torts classes in there, Hillcrest has lost most of its appeal to me.

Also as far as facilities go, the UG library is like a 5 minute walk and is open 24 hours, not to mention it's usually full of sorority girls doing their study hours. It makes for a nice break from law school students.
How are the sorority ladies at SMU?

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:40 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
fathergoose wrote:After the marathon Torts classes in there, Hillcrest has lost most of its appeal to me.

Much richer and happier than me

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jacketman03

Silver

Post by jacketman03 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:41 pm

fathergoose wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:

Much richer and happier than me
But that's generally true everywhere, no?

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:41 pm

jacketman03 wrote:

Too young for me. :cry: :cry: :cry:

new topic please.

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:41 pm

betasteve wrote:But.. the sorority girls and their books with pictures show up like clockwork during finals. Import, don't export, player.
Hahaha this

jacketman03

Silver

Post by jacketman03 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:42 pm

Justathought wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:

new topic please.
Haha, they're both too young for me and I'm too married for them. I'm just generally a fan of the eye candy.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:45 pm

Most of my interaction with SMU sorority girls comes from dodging them as I trudge to the law school garage and they careen down the street texting and driving their range rover/bmw.

No I'm not bitter.

Ok, maybe a little.

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:47 pm

fathergoose wrote:Most of my interaction with SMU sorority girls comes from dodging them as I trudge to the law school garage and they careen down the street texting and driving their range rover/bmw.

No I'm not bitter.

Ok, maybe a little.
Man SMU is classy. Getting hit by a Range Rover - what a treat! :wink:

jacketman03

Silver

Post by jacketman03 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:49 pm

Justathought wrote:
fathergoose wrote:Most of my interaction with SMU sorority girls comes from dodging them as I trudge to the law school garage and they careen down the street texting and driving their range rover/bmw.

No I'm not bitter.

Ok, maybe a little.
Man SMU is classy. Getting hit by a Range Rover - what a treat! :wink:
I'd rather get hit by a Range Rover than a RAV4.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:49 pm

No I'm not bitter.

Ok, maybe a little.

You would think people would be more careful around there. A whole bunch of students with nothing but rage, unlimited access to Westlaw, and massive debt? Just the person you don't want to run over.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

IHaveLawyers

Bronze

Post by IHaveLawyers » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:51 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
IHaveLawyers wrote:I would give my nuts to go to SMU.
+1
chest bump!

the_drake

New

Post by the_drake » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:57 pm

Is there any rhyme or reason as to why SMU moves so GD slow? I was heavily entertaining the idea of returning home next year for school, but every day I sit here waiting I cool more on the idea.

With a UGA IS equalizer already in hand as well as a few other solid options I would really appreciate an SMU decision to I can really get down to the business of making a decision.

ebo

Bronze

Post by ebo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:00 pm

the_drake wrote:Is there any rhyme or reason as to why SMU moves so GD slow? I was heavily entertaining the idea of returning home next year for school, but every day I sit here waiting I cool more on the idea.

With a UGA IS equalizer already in hand as well as a few other solid options I would really appreciate an SMU decision to I can really get down to the business of making a decision.
No, but in my experience they're not as slow as others. I still haven't heard from Tulane and I applied back in the beginning of November. And I just heard from W&M this week after applying in early Nov.

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Justathought wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:

new topic please.
I'm pushing 30, but I still creep at the rec center :twisted:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”