Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
SherlockHolmes
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby SherlockHolmes » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:24 am

krad wrote:Sorry to hear about the recent WLs and good luck to those waiting! They're really slow. I finally heard from them 4 months, to the day, after submission (about 14-15 weeks after going complete).


I pray that I won't have to wait that long. Mid-May is way too late to finally receive a decision.

edit: spelling
Last edited by SherlockHolmes on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goodgrief
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby goodgrief » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:30 am

krad wrote:Sorry to hear about the recent WLs and good luck to those waiting! They're really slow. I finally heard from them 4 months, to the day, after submission (about 14-15 weeks after going complete).


Thanks, krad, and congrats! I'm at week 14 of being complete now, so here's hoping to good news this week!

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby krad » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:59 am

Hopefully you'll both hear something soon! :)

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:18 pm

Anyone had any success at calling/emailing to check on status of the application? IIT it seems like most acceptances are by email on Fridays. If I don't get one tomorrow I may call next week. Granted, I applied near the deadline so I'm not *quite* at 8 weeks, but seat deposits are coming up...

It seems a lot of people do this for UCLA, another one of the T30 that doesn't have a status checker at all. I'd think that not having a status checker really opens the door for calls/emails to check, and I'd probably only do it once, but I could see how it would come off as overly annoying, too. Anyone's experience would be nice.

ndirish2014
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:17 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby ndirish2014 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:08 am

I never had to do this but my experience with the admission staff has generally been positive. I think they understand your anxiety and i can't imagine that a call or emil would hurt you. Good Luck.

User avatar
nsideirish
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby nsideirish » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:08 am

descartesb4thehorse wrote:Anyone had any success at calling/emailing to check on status of the application? IIT it seems like most acceptances are by email on Fridays. If I don't get one tomorrow I may call next week. Granted, I applied near the deadline so I'm not *quite* at 8 weeks, but seat deposits are coming up...

It seems a lot of people do this for UCLA, another one of the T30 that doesn't have a status checker at all. I'd think that not having a status checker really opens the door for calls/emails to check, and I'd probably only do it once, but I could see how it would come off as overly annoying, too. Anyone's experience would be nice.


I e-mailed a week ago and all they said is they are working hard to have all decisions out by April 1.

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:31 am

nsideirish wrote:
descartesb4thehorse wrote:Anyone had any success at calling/emailing to check on status of the application? IIT it seems like most acceptances are by email on Fridays. If I don't get one tomorrow I may call next week. Granted, I applied near the deadline so I'm not *quite* at 8 weeks, but seat deposits are coming up...

It seems a lot of people do this for UCLA, another one of the T30 that doesn't have a status checker at all. I'd think that not having a status checker really opens the door for calls/emails to check, and I'd probably only do it once, but I could see how it would come off as overly annoying, too. Anyone's experience would be nice.


I e-mailed a week ago and all they said is they are working hard to have all decisions out by April 1.


Thanks! This helps. If I don't hear by the end of next week I'll call.

LS-boundNYC
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby LS-boundNYC » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:45 am

I'm traveling in England right now, but my roommate informed me I got a rejection letter. This kills me because ND has been my top choice for almost a year. I had hoped for at least a wait list.

It was hard to be too sad, though, because I was sitting on England's largest lake nestled between magical mountains when I found out. Nothing like having your soul crushed on vacation :D

User avatar
canesfan1225
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby canesfan1225 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:16 am

I talked to the admission office a few days ago. They told me that that they are aware of other schools April 1st enrollment date and are trying there best to get all the application done. However, because there deposit date is April 20th that is a more likely goal to get through all there applications. I submitted in late December and there is no decision rendered on myn application. I have pretty much accepted that I will be putting down a deposit on a school that I hopefully will not be attending while I wait for Notre Dame to get back to me.

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:24 pm

LS-boundNYC wrote:I'm traveling in England right now, but my roommate informed me I got a rejection letter. This kills me because ND has been my top choice for almost a year. I had hoped for at least a wait list.

It was hard to be too sad, though, because I was sitting on England's largest lake nestled between magical mountains when I found out. Nothing like having your soul crushed on vacation :D


Too true. If you make it to London, there's the best pub in the world tucked off in one of the side streets of Piccadilly Circus. Go there and order a hendricks with cucumber and all will be better. Sorry about your ding.

User avatar
jarv1506
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby jarv1506 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:51 pm

WL'ed today via snail-mail :(

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby splitmuch » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:52 pm

jarv1506 wrote:WL'ed today via snail-mail :(


scared to go home

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby aaaaaah » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:56 pm

Is communication only through snail mail? Haven't heard a peep since submitting in Jan.

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:01 pm

aaaaaah wrote:Is communication only through snail mail? Haven't heard a peep since submitting in Jan.


IIT it seems like acceptances are emailed; dings and WL snail mailed. It also seems like acceptances have been coming out on Friday, although no one's reported any today.

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby aaaaaah » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:04 pm

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:Is communication only through snail mail? Haven't heard a peep since submitting in Jan.


IIT it seems like acceptances are emailed; dings and WL snail mailed. It also seems like acceptances have been coming out on Friday, although no one's reported any today.


Thanks! I admit I was too lazy to go back and search through this thread.

pinkzebra
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:47 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby pinkzebra » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:17 pm

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:Is communication only through snail mail? Haven't heard a peep since submitting in Jan.


IIT it seems like acceptances are emailed; dings and WL snail mailed. It also seems like acceptances have been coming out on Friday, although no one's reported any today.


Not trying to discount this, but I received my acceptance via snail mail on a Thursday... Maybe I'm just the black sheep here!

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:26 pm

pinkzebra wrote:
descartesb4thehorse wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:Is communication only through snail mail? Haven't heard a peep since submitting in Jan.


IIT it seems like acceptances are emailed; dings and WL snail mailed. It also seems like acceptances have been coming out on Friday, although no one's reported any today.


Not trying to discount this, but I received my acceptance via snail mail on a Thursday... Maybe I'm just the black sheep here!


You did apply early though and heard back about a month ago. I'm not sure when Rahm (can't call you anything else, sorry) applied, but I'm fairly certain that with deposit deadlines coming up, they'll try to get acceptances to you as quickly as possible at this stage.

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby aaaaaah » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:27 pm

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
pinkzebra wrote:
descartesb4thehorse wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:Is communication only through snail mail? Haven't heard a peep since submitting in Jan.


IIT it seems like acceptances are emailed; dings and WL snail mailed. It also seems like acceptances have been coming out on Friday, although no one's reported any today.


Not trying to discount this, but I received my acceptance via snail mail on a Thursday... Maybe I'm just the black sheep here!


You did apply early though and heard back about a month ago. I'm not sure when Rahm (can't call you anything else, sorry) applied, but I'm fairly certain that with deposit deadlines coming up, they'll try to get acceptances to you as quickly as possible at this stage.


Dammit, I wish I could change my username.

Anyway, I applied mid Jan.

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:33 pm

aaaaaah wrote:
Dammit, I wish I could change my username.

Anyway, I applied mid Jan.


Nah, can't call you anything else because I have fallen in love with that photo (happened when I saw it twice a day with Chicagoist's Rahmageddon posts) and it makes me unbelievably happy to think of Rahm going through the law school admissions process with me.

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby aaaaaah » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:37 pm

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:
Dammit, I wish I could change my username.

Anyway, I applied mid Jan.


Nah, can't call you anything else because I have fallen in love with that photo (happened when I saw it twice a day with Chicagoist's Rahmageddon posts) and it makes me unbelievably happy to think of Rahm going through the law school admissions process with me.


I myself am pleased to be going through this hellish process with... Scott Baio? Is that Scott Baio?

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Kabuo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:43 pm

Applied in November. Sort of forgot I had applied until I saw someone in a ND shirt at the gym today. What gives ND?

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:49 pm

aaaaaah wrote:
descartesb4thehorse wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:
Dammit, I wish I could change my username.

Anyway, I applied mid Jan.


Nah, can't call you anything else because I have fallen in love with that photo (happened when I saw it twice a day with Chicagoist's Rahmageddon posts) and it makes me unbelievably happy to think of Rahm going through the law school admissions process with me.


I myself am pleased to be going through this hellish process with... Scott Baio? Is that Scott Baio?


The best television lawyer that has ever been or will be portrayed by Chachi himself. "Why should you be convicted of a crime that someone else noticed?"

LS-boundNYC
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby LS-boundNYC » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:22 pm

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
LS-boundNYC wrote:I'm traveling in England right now, but my roommate informed me I got a rejection letter. This kills me because ND has been my top choice for almost a year. I had hoped for at least a wait list.

It was hard to be too sad, though, because I was sitting on England's largest lake nestled between magical mountains when I found out. Nothing like having your soul crushed on vacation :D


Too true. If you make it to London, there's the best pub in the world tucked off in one of the side streets of Piccadilly Circus. Go there and order a hendricks with cucumber and all will be better. Sorry about your ding.



Oooo, what's the name? I have one more night here...

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby SupraVln180 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:43 pm

lets bump this thread. How was the accepted students open house?

User avatar
planQ
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:00 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby planQ » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:57 pm

Some one said that their deposit deadline is april 20th, is that true? If so does that imply they have to make a decision before then?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applicationquestions, astridm, fazzvm56, galeatus, Keilz, mt77777, potterotter, RickyBunny, Tazewell and 22 guests