Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
buchy2009
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby buchy2009 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:16 am

SherlockHolmes wrote:
buchy2009 wrote:Just received a WL via snail mail. Dated March 3rd and I live in Bloomington.


If you don't mind, when did you go complete?


11/30

User avatar
amers73
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby amers73 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:56 pm

Still impatiently waiting on ND. Anybody else hear anything this week?
I'm pretty surprised at the ratio of acceptances to WL/rejections. Anybody else have a feeling they're going to have to go deep into the WL if they don't throw out more acceptances?

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby krad » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:58 pm

amers73 wrote:Still impatiently waiting on ND. Anybody else hear anything this week?
I'm pretty surprised at the ratio of acceptances to WL/rejections. Anybody else have a feeling they're going to have to go deep into the WL if they don't throw out more acceptances?

Oh hey complete date twin! I still haven't seen anything in my mailbox :|

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby splitmuch » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:07 pm

amers73 wrote:Still impatiently waiting on ND. Anybody else hear anything this week?
I'm pretty surprised at the ratio of acceptances to WL/rejections. Anybody else have a feeling they're going to have to go deep into the WL if they don't throw out more acceptances?


I do especially because they seem to be being pretty conservative with aid offers as well.

HornetGuy
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:22 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby HornetGuy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:12 pm

splitmuch wrote:
amers73 wrote:Still impatiently waiting on ND. Anybody else hear anything this week?
I'm pretty surprised at the ratio of acceptances to WL/rejections. Anybody else have a feeling they're going to have to go deep into the WL if they don't throw out more acceptances?


I do especially because they seem to be being pretty conservative with aid offers as well.


This Irish-Catholic WLer is 1,000% OK with that. Anyone need talking out of going to ND just pm me.

TruePeace10
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby TruePeace10 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:48 pm

Waitlisted at ND, dated 3/3 went complete 12.15. I'm in CA 165/3.4

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby SrLaw » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:34 am

I guess I should expect a WL at this point.

W&M and ND were top choices and they are the 2 I keep waiting on.

User avatar
hokie
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:32 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby hokie » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:57 am

SrLaw wrote:I guess I should expect a WL at this point.

W&M and ND were top choices and they are the 2 I keep waiting on.


lol +1. Although I'm still waiting for 15 :shock: more decision, ND and W&M are two of the schools that were originally in my top 5 that I'm hoping to hear from before April 1st deadlines

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby SrLaw » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:10 pm

Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on with ND? I feel like I am completely in the dark.

User avatar
amers73
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby amers73 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:14 pm

SrLaw wrote:Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on with ND? I feel like I am completely in the dark.


Same here, when was your complete date (sorry if its been asked)? 12/8 here. If I don't hear anything by the end of this week I'm gonna give them a call hopefully get some sort of timeline, even if it is vague.

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby SrLaw » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:15 pm

I went complete on 1/12.

User avatar
amers73
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby amers73 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:24 pm

This 3 month wait is slowly killing me. Seriously. Only really waiting on 2 schools and ND is one of them >.<

User avatar
nsideirish
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby nsideirish » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:44 pm

amers73 wrote:This 3 month wait is slowly killing me. Seriously. Only really waiting on 2 schools and ND is one of them >.<



Same. I went complete in mid-December. Haven't heard anything. ND is my number one choice and dream school...but I need to know what I am doing with my #2 choice acceptance by April 1st. C'mon ND!

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby SrLaw » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:02 pm

anyone got any news?

User avatar
ktg808
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby ktg808 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:24 pm

SrLaw wrote:anyone got any news?


I'm starting to think they lost my application.

User avatar
labballin24
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby labballin24 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:59 pm

In via snail mail today!

I application was received on Feb.3.

I'm an undergrad at ND who lives on campus. Hopefully that means others will be hearing from them soon as well.

Edit:With an $18,000/year scholarship.
Last edited by labballin24 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby SupraVln180 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:04 pm

In!!!!!! 3.51/163/ Cuban. Applied in January. I have a near full scholly at UNC though, so I don't know what I am going to do. You think Notre Dame would match it?

User avatar
amers73
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby amers73 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Congrats you guys! .... but i submitted in early Dec... ND please, talk to me. :cry:

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby splitmuch » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:09 pm

labballin24 wrote:In via snail mail today!

I application was received on Feb.3.

I'm an undergrad at ND who lives on campus. Hopefully that means others will be hearing from them soon as well.

Edit:With an $18,000 scholarship.


18/yr or total?

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby SrLaw » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:12 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:In!!!!!! 3.51/163/ Cuban. Applied in January. I have a near full scholly at UNC though, so I don't know what I am going to do. You think Notre Dame would match it?


Not a chance. You got hooked up at UNC.

User avatar
adiaz43
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby adiaz43 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:15 pm

accepted. applied late january, visited last month. 3.2/164, cuban, strong softs. so excited.

User avatar
labballin24
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby labballin24 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:15 pm

splitmuch wrote:
labballin24 wrote:In via snail mail today!

I application was received on Feb.3.

I'm an undergrad at ND who lives on campus. Hopefully that means others will be hearing from them soon as well.

Edit:With an $18,000 scholarship.


18/yr or total?


18/yr

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby SupraVln180 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:21 pm

adiaz43 wrote:accepted. applied late january, visited last month. 3.2/164, cuban, strong softs. so excited.


It was admit the Cubans day at NDLS. We're probably the only two that would be at the school.

User avatar
adiaz43
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby adiaz43 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:24 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:
adiaz43 wrote:accepted. applied late january, visited last month. 3.2/164, cuban, strong softs. so excited.


It was admit the Cubans day at NDLS. We're probably the only two that would be at the school.


haha really, do you think you'll be attending?

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby SupraVln180 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:35 pm

adiaz43 wrote:
SupraVln180 wrote:
adiaz43 wrote:accepted. applied late january, visited last month. 3.2/164, cuban, strong softs. so excited.


It was admit the Cubans day at NDLS. We're probably the only two that would be at the school.


haha really, do you think you'll be attending?


I can go to UNC for almost free, although I do want to attend, I don't know if I will without a decent scholly. I am going to try and negociate. I want Notre Dame mostly because I don't have T14 numbers and NDLS is the most national school outside the T14.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”