Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Emma1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:52 pm

How many out there haven't heard yet (except those who just recently filed)?

User avatar
SherlockHolmes
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby SherlockHolmes » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:54 pm

I haven't heard anything since I received the email saying they had my application. That was only January 10th, or around there, though. So I haven't been waiting long.

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Perch » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:00 pm

Emma1 wrote:How many out there haven't heard yet (except those who just recently filed)?


Nothing yet, submitted mid-November and went complete fairly soon thereafter if I remember correctly.

User avatar
kad1026
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:13 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby kad1026 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:07 pm

Emma1 wrote:How many out there haven't heard yet (except those who just recently filed)?


I haven't heard anything yet either and I went complete mid-November. Hopefully the rest of us who submitted around then will be hearing soon!

teleste
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:12 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby teleste » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:52 pm

Complete second week of November.

Heard nothing since.

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby stlisforlovers » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:54 pm

teleste wrote:Complete second week of November.

Heard nothing since.

+1

User avatar
amers73
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby amers73 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:18 pm

Complete at the beginning of December and haven't heard anything either.

savagecheater
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby savagecheater » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:19 pm

I didn't hear until April (3rd I think?) last year.

Just...don't try to think about it. It will come when it comes.

User avatar
Trustbuster
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Trustbuster » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:53 pm

and......waitlisted. Meh.

pinkzebra
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:47 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby pinkzebra » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:11 pm

I feel like I'm getting nervous about this decision... So many qualified (and overqualified) people are getting waitlisted... Not that I didn't anticipate that, but still... Yikes!

User avatar
J. Cheever Loophole
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby J. Cheever Loophole » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:28 pm

Complete 11/11 and nothing yet here either. As posted earlier, they are about 4 weeks behind, so while 8 weeks is normal, they are at 12 weeks normal, with the usual variation before and after that.

Congrats to the recently admitted, though.

User avatar
sabenser
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:37 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby sabenser » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:56 pm

J. Cheever Loophole wrote:Complete 11/11 and nothing yet here either. As posted earlier, they are about 4 weeks behind, so while 8 weeks is normal, they are at 12 weeks normal, with the usual variation before and after that.

Congrats to the recently admitted, though.


Ugh, I went complete around 10 Jan. Hope you get your decision soon.

Fark-o-vision
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:41 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Fark-o-vision » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:01 pm

Any word of scholarships? Coming with emails, or in the later received snail mail package?

User avatar
giddybiscuit
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:16 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby giddybiscuit » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:24 am

Also haven't heard anything since the complete e-mail I got on Dec. 23rd. Not that long ago, but it feels like it.

User avatar
SherlockHolmes
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby SherlockHolmes » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:35 am

giddybiscuit wrote:Also haven't heard anything since the complete e-mail I got on Dec. 23rd. Not that long ago, but it feels like it.


+1 I went complete on the 10th or so and I feel like I've been waiting forever. I can only imagine how it feels for some of you guys who have been waiting for 2 months or so :shock:

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13303
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby JenDarby » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:47 pm

they may as well just reject me or WL me now and get it over with, I don't think they are going to be accepting me.

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Emma1 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:59 pm

JenDarby wrote:they may as well just reject me or WL me now and get it over with, I don't think they are going to be accepting me.

Are you worried about YP?

User avatar
tooswolle
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:48 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby tooswolle » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:12 am

I've been complete for two months. Some people have speculated that the slow turn around is due to a decrease in overall applicants. I'd like to think it's because they are taking a hollistic approach (optimist right? ) anyways this wait is killer! For example I got an email from Admit@NELS (New England School of Law...which was spam) and when I saw it at a glance my heart sunk thinking it was admit@NDLS....talk about cruel....

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13303
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby JenDarby » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:14 am

Emma1 wrote:
JenDarby wrote:they may as well just reject me or WL me now and get it over with, I don't think they are going to be accepting me.

Are you worried about YP?


Yea, I didn't write why ND, and I think they will sense my hearts not fully in it.

User avatar
sabenser
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:37 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby sabenser » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:14 am

tooswolle wrote:I've been complete for two months. Some people have speculated that the slow turn around is due to a decrease in overall applicants. I'd like to think it's because they are taking a hollistic approach (optimist right? ) anyways this wait is killer! For example I got an email from Admit@NELS (New England School of Law...which was spam) and when I saw it at a glance my heart sunk thinking it was admit@NDLS....talk about cruel....


haha :) That is cruel.

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Emma1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:37 am

JenDarby wrote:
Emma1 wrote:
JenDarby wrote:they may as well just reject me or WL me now and get it over with, I don't think they are going to be accepting me.

Are you worried about YP?


Yea, I didn't write why ND, and I think they will sense my hearts not fully in it.


Why not withdraw if your really not interested and concentrate on where you are?

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Lwoods » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:44 am

Emma1 wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
Emma1 wrote:
JenDarby wrote:they may as well just reject me or WL me now and get it over with, I don't think they are going to be accepting me.

Are you worried about YP?


Yea, I didn't write why ND, and I think they will sense my hearts not fully in it.


Why not withdraw if your really not interested and concentrate on where you are?


Because if they offer her a full ride it a) might be too good to refuse and/or b) would be good leverage for other programs.

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Emma1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:02 am

That would require some pretty high scores. Good luck to her!

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13303
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby JenDarby » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:02 pm

Lwoods wrote:Because if they offer her a full ride it a) might be too good to refuse and/or b) would be good leverage for other programs.


This!

Any fair amount of money would be tempting/at least good leverage. I'm retaking the LSAT on the 12th too, and with the speed of their decisions, might have an even better score to update my file with.

User avatar
Trip Coker
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Trip Coker » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:24 am

I know that ND doesn't match scholarship offers but does anyone think that I could negotiate a 8k/yr scholarship based on the fact that other schools ranked both above and behind ND offer way more money for the Montgomery GI Bill Yellow Ribbon program? I am pretty much dead set on attending but I would be over the moon if I could get 8k per year from them and finish school with no debt. Thanks for any info you all are willing to supply. My numbers are 3.7/164. Best of luck to all those still waiting for decisions. Go Steelers.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Anon.y.mousse., Ferrisjso, lillawyer2 and 14 guests