Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Lwoods » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:02 pm

angiej wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
angiej wrote:Miraculously, I'm in! Letter was dated on the 17th. GPA is above 75th LSAT is way below 25th.

this makes me want to go check my mail. I hate being let down by an empty mailbox though....on the other hand, I did leave a solicitation from Brooklyn LS in there yesterday, so it won't be empty...

edit: I almost forgot, congrats!!!

Thanks! I do live close so it may take longer for others to receive. I just wish my grandma would have lived just one more week so I could tell her. I'm a first gen college grad so this is pretty huge. To my family, Notre Dame is like Harvard!


omg, you really are Rudy!! Congratulations!!!!

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby angiej » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:47 pm

Lwoods wrote:
angiej wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
angiej wrote:Miraculously, I'm in! Letter was dated on the 17th. GPA is above 75th LSAT is way below 25th.

this makes me want to go check my mail. I hate being let down by an empty mailbox though....on the other hand, I did leave a solicitation from Brooklyn LS in there yesterday, so it won't be empty...

edit: I almost forgot, congrats!!!

Thanks! I do live close so it may take longer for others to receive. I just wish my grandma would have lived just one more week so I could tell her. I'm a first gen college grad so this is pretty huge. To my family, Notre Dame is like Harvard!


omg, you really are Rudy!! Congratulations!!!!

Ha! I am so glad you mentioned this because the entire rest of the day I have been humming several of the songs from the movie! I really must go if I can find a way to pay for it!

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:56 pm

angiej wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
angiej wrote:Miraculously, I'm in! Letter was dated on the 17th. GPA is above 75th LSAT is way below 25th.

this makes me want to go check my mail. I hate being let down by an empty mailbox though....on the other hand, I did leave a solicitation from Brooklyn LS in there yesterday, so it won't be empty...

edit: I almost forgot, congrats!!!

Thanks! I do live close so it may take longer for others to receive. I just wish my grandma would have lived just one more week so I could tell her. I'm a first gen college grad so this is pretty huge. To my family, Notre Dame is like Harvard!


Congrats! That is awesome!

ndirish2014
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:17 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby ndirish2014 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:53 pm

Congratulations.

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby angiej » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:04 pm

ndirish2014 wrote:Congratulations.

Thanks! Is it safe to assume by your profile name that you are in, too? The Admitted Candidate page requires a password that I'm not finding in all of my materials. For those of you who are in, did additional info come via email?

fedexmalcom
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:08 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby fedexmalcom » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:07 pm

con to everyone accepeted! ND sent acceptance via mail, that is out of my expectation.

andythefir
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:56 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby andythefir » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:10 pm

Congratulations Angie, you and I have been stalking ND pages for a few years now. I hope you can make it work out, ND needs people who love it as much as you do.

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby angiej » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:35 pm

andythefir wrote:Congratulations Angie, you and I have been stalking ND pages for a few years now. I hope you can make it work out, ND needs people who love it as much as you do.

Thank you for your kindness! ND used to be a far-off dream that I wasn't even sure was attainable. I grew up just a few miles from ND always admiring from afar. I thought it was for "other" people. Now I AM the "other" people! Very happy and blessed.

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:40 pm

angiej wrote:
andythefir wrote:Congratulations Angie, you and I have been stalking ND pages for a few years now. I hope you can make it work out, ND needs people who love it as much as you do.

Thank you for your kindness! ND used to be a far-off dream that I wasn't even sure was attainable. I grew up just a few miles from ND always admiring from afar. I thought it was for "other" people. Now I AM the "other" people! Very happy and blessed.


Seeing this happen to people really makes me feel hopeful. Congrats again and good luck to everyone else!

User avatar
SarPear
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:05 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby SarPear » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:46 pm

In! Acceptance came in large Priority Mail Envelope. Applied late october, 167/3.7x

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby justadude55 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:48 pm

anyone have info on scholarships?

60k

170s, 3.5x.

curious what people got offered....obviously this isn't as nice as the IU: Bloomington scholarships so I wanted to know what people were doing.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby beachbum » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:50 pm

Congrats to everyone getting accepted! Good to see some movement out there

User avatar
SarPear
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:05 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby SarPear » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:52 pm

justadude55 wrote:anyone have info on scholarships?

60k

170s, 3.5x.

curious what people got offered....obviously this isn't as nice as the IU: Bloomington scholarships so I wanted to know what people were doing.


I got 54k, which I am pretty happy with.

CrimLaw300
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby CrimLaw300 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:55 pm

Are all the acceptances coming through snail mail?

User avatar
amers73
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby amers73 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:59 pm

Congrats to everybody in so far!

Are there stipulations on those scholarships?

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby justadude55 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:28 pm

standing. but IU gave 120k with the same #'s to everybody so idk.

User avatar
purduepete2011
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:48 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby purduepete2011 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:12 pm

INNNN! it took about 20 seconds for the information to sink in. the decision came in an email, with the header "Welcome to NDLS Class of 2014" and a packet is in the mail.

to the questions that are inevitable: 166/4.02/I did not write the Why ND Essay (there is hope for people who did not as well; the essay cannot be essential to one's acceptance, or I would not be writing this)

first acceptance of the cycle! i am officially going to law school! congrats to everyone else that was accepted, and keep hope to those who have heard nothing yet.

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:13 pm

purduepete2011 wrote:INNNN! it took about 20 seconds for the information to sink in. the decision came in an email, with the header "Welcome to NDLS Class of 2014" and a packet is in the mail.

to the questions that are inevitable: 166/4.02/I did not write the Why ND Essay (there is hope for people who did not as well; the essay cannot be essential to one's acceptance, or I would not be writing this)

first acceptance of the cycle! i am officially going to law school! congrats to everyone else that was accepted, and keep hope to those who have heard nothing yet.


Congrats!

User avatar
francisConn
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby francisConn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:13 pm

purduepete2011 wrote:INNNN! it took about 20 seconds for the information to sink in. the decision came in an email, with the header "Welcome to NDLS Class of 2014" and a packet is in the mail.

to the questions that are inevitable: 166/4.02/I did not write the Why ND Essay (there is hope for people who did not as well; the essay cannot be essential to one's acceptance, or I would not be writing this)

first acceptance of the cycle! i am officially going to law school! congrats to everyone else that was accepted, and keep hope to those who have heard nothing yet.


Fantastic, congratulations!

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:14 pm

purduepete2011 wrote:INNNN! it took about 20 seconds for the information to sink in. the decision came in an email, with the header "Welcome to NDLS Class of 2014" and a packet is in the mail.

to the questions that are inevitable: 166/4.02/I did not write the Why ND Essay (there is hope for people who did not as well; the essay cannot be essential to one's acceptance, or I would not be writing this)

first acceptance of the cycle! i am officially going to law school! congrats to everyone else that was accepted, and keep hope to those who have heard nothing yet.


When did you submit/go complete?

User avatar
eaglemuncher
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby eaglemuncher » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:16 pm

purduepete2011 wrote:INNNN! it took about 20 seconds for the information to sink in. the decision came in an email, with the header "Welcome to NDLS Class of 2014" and a packet is in the mail.

to the questions that are inevitable: 166/4.02/I did not write the Why ND Essay (there is hope for people who did not as well; the essay cannot be essential to one's acceptance, or I would not be writing this)

first acceptance of the cycle! i am officially going to law school! congrats to everyone else that was accepted, and keep hope to those who have heard nothing yet.



Not essential to someone with numbers as good as yours. Congrats!

User avatar
SherlockHolmes
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby SherlockHolmes » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:18 pm

purduepete2011 wrote:INNNN! it took about 20 seconds for the information to sink in. the decision came in an email, with the header "Welcome to NDLS Class of 2014" and a packet is in the mail.

to the questions that are inevitable: 166/4.02/I did not write the Why ND Essay (there is hope for people who did not as well; the essay cannot be essential to one's acceptance, or I would not be writing this)

first acceptance of the cycle! i am officially going to law school! congrats to everyone else that was accepted, and keep hope to those who have heard nothing yet.


Congratulations!

User avatar
purduepete2011
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:48 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby purduepete2011 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:24 pm

Moral_Midgetry wrote:
purduepete2011 wrote:INNNN! it took about 20 seconds for the information to sink in. the decision came in an email, with the header "Welcome to NDLS Class of 2014" and a packet is in the mail.

to the questions that are inevitable: 166/4.02/I did not write the Why ND Essay (there is hope for people who did not as well; the essay cannot be essential to one's acceptance, or I would not be writing this)

first acceptance of the cycle! i am officially going to law school! congrats to everyone else that was accepted, and keep hope to those who have heard nothing yet.


When did you submit/go complete?


Thank you to everyone wishing me well. I forget what date everything was sent in, but I received that email that said I was complete on 11/1.

Was gonna take a nap right after class...now that plan was shot down. Too excited to nap.

User avatar
amers73
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby amers73 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:29 pm

purduepete2011 wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:
purduepete2011 wrote:INNNN! it took about 20 seconds for the information to sink in. the decision came in an email, with the header "Welcome to NDLS Class of 2014" and a packet is in the mail.

to the questions that are inevitable: 166/4.02/I did not write the Why ND Essay (there is hope for people who did not as well; the essay cannot be essential to one's acceptance, or I would not be writing this)

first acceptance of the cycle! i am officially going to law school! congrats to everyone else that was accepted, and keep hope to those who have heard nothing yet.


When did you submit/go complete?


Thank you to everyone wishing me well. I forget what date everything was sent in, but I received that email that said I was complete on 11/1.

Was gonna take a nap right after class...now that plan was shot down. Too excited to nap.


Congrats!

I went complete early December, I have a feeling I'm in for a long wait :P

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby beachbum » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:33 pm

Wait, so ND sends decisions through mail AND e-mail?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acz26, BodieBroadus, Christinabruin, dreamer_13, lawlawland16, mudiverse, studyingeveryday and 20 guests