Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bigben5289
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby bigben5289 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:08 pm

For all of us still on the WL, do you all think that ND is going to be making more WL offers and if so when?

User avatar
Peace of Mind
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Peace of Mind » Tue May 03, 2011 8:59 pm

bigben5289 wrote:For all of us still on the WL, do you all think that ND is going to be making more WL offers and if so when?



+1

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby stlisforlovers » Tue May 03, 2011 10:01 pm

For what it's worth, they gave the people who were just accepted off the WL a week to deposit. So I would assume they'll be more offers in a week.

Good luck, everyone. :D

User avatar
Peace of Mind
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Peace of Mind » Tue May 03, 2011 10:18 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:For what it's worth, they gave the people who were just accepted off the WL a week to deposit. So I would assume they'll be more offers in a week.

Good luck, everyone. :D


Did they say how many offers they made today?

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby stlisforlovers » Tue May 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Peace of Mind wrote:Did they say how many offers they made today?

Nope.
Although, (and I realize my method of analysis makes little to no sense) Dean Pless accepted 20 people yesterday off the U of I WL. Two people reported it on TLS and another two reported it on LSN.
Today, 3 people reported getting in the Notre Dame WL on TLS and 2 updated their LSN.
So, if you like nonsensical extrapolation with no factual basis, I would guess around 20. :P

User avatar
Peace of Mind
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Peace of Mind » Tue May 03, 2011 11:07 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:
Peace of Mind wrote:Did they say how many offers they made today?

Nope.
Although, (and I realize my method of analysis makes little to no sense) Dean Pless accepted 20 people yesterday off the U of I WL. Two people reported it on TLS and another two reported it on LSN.
Today, 3 people reported getting in the Notre Dame WL on TLS and 2 updated their LSN.
So, if you like nonsensical extrapolation with no factual basis, I would guess around 20. :P


Haha well I'm hoping that's not the case and they accept more people tomorrow! But it would be nice to know either way to kinda judge what one's chances are at this point. I'm tempted to call and ask but I don't want to bug them.

User avatar
tooswolle
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:48 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby tooswolle » Tue May 03, 2011 11:10 pm

From what I've seen the people who were accepted had strong numbers...I'm guessing IUB's giveaway is hurting other schools who are trying to raise or keep their median. Adding to this is the lower amount of apps. Hopefully I'm wrong and there numbers are set that they accept the people they want...like me? Lol best of
Luck to all of us on the waitlist.

Mr. December
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Mr. December » Wed May 04, 2011 3:52 am

Just accepted off the waitlist. 167/3.78

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby BlueDiamond » Thu May 05, 2011 2:58 pm

So, I Pm'd this question to like three people who posted on this page.. but im impatient cuz ND is a big acceptance for me

If I got any type of scholarship would it have come in my acceptance email? Or, do they send another e-mail after?

VY10
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby VY10 » Thu May 05, 2011 3:01 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:So, I Pm'd this question to like three people who posted on this page.. but im impatient cuz ND is a big acceptance for me

If I got any type of scholarship would it have come in my acceptance email? Or, do they send another e-mail after?



No, scholarship info is included in the admissions packet ND sends to you

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby BlueDiamond » Thu May 05, 2011 3:04 pm

VY10 wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:So, I Pm'd this question to like three people who posted on this page.. but im impatient cuz ND is a big acceptance for me

If I got any type of scholarship would it have come in my acceptance email? Or, do they send another e-mail after?



No, scholarship info is included in the admissions packet ND sends to you


AHHH even those coming off the WL? They only gave me until May 12th to deposit

Edit: nevermind.. just got the answer.. no scholly.. TEARS FLOWINGGG

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby SrLaw » Thu May 05, 2011 3:52 pm

In off the WL. 18K a year scholarship. My plans just changed.

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Perch » Thu May 05, 2011 3:53 pm

SrLaw wrote:In off the WL. 18K a year scholarship. My plans just changed.


congrats!

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby SrLaw » Thu May 05, 2011 3:58 pm

I am shocked. Does ND give higher than 18K per year? It seems like that is their cap?

cj2k14
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby cj2k14 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:07 pm

Accepted off WL a few days ago with 10k/year.. withdrawing since I already decided to attend OSU.. best of luck to those of you still holding out on the WL

Mr. December
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Mr. December » Thu May 05, 2011 4:59 pm

SrLaw wrote:I am shocked. Does ND give higher than 18K per year? It seems like that is their cap?


No, I was accepted off the waitlist with 20 K per year. And my scholly notification was within the acceptance email, for those asking.

lawyeriA
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby lawyeriA » Fri May 06, 2011 1:06 am

Mr. December wrote:
SrLaw wrote:I am shocked. Does ND give higher than 18K per year? It seems like that is their cap?


No, I was accepted off the waitlist with 20 K per year. And my scholly notification was within the acceptance email, for those asking.


I see you also got a full ride from Indiana. Same boat as my friend who decided the full ride was too much to give up for 18k a year at ND off waitlist. Thinking about changing plans yourself if you don't mind me asking?

User avatar
jgator1
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby jgator1 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:21 am

In off WL with 20k/yr. I called yesterday and spoke with someone in admissions and today I got an acceptance email. I know people dread calling schools because they're afraid they might annoy adcomms but I'm very happy with my situation's outcome.
Last edited by jgator1 on Fri May 06, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. December
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby Mr. December » Fri May 06, 2011 1:51 am

lawyeriA wrote:
Mr. December wrote:
SrLaw wrote:I am shocked. Does ND give higher than 18K per year? It seems like that is their cap?


No, I was accepted off the waitlist with 20 K per year. And my scholly notification was within the acceptance email, for those asking.


I see you also got a full ride from Indiana. Same boat as my friend who decided the full ride was too much to give up for 18k a year at ND off waitlist. Thinking about changing plans yourself if you don't mind me asking?


Actually, I had already turned down the full ride at IUB because I was dead set on going to GW so that I would have access to the D.C. market (plus I really liked the city). But the debt I'd incur from GW as well as the respect I've always had for ND (it was actually my #1 choice when I applied in the fall) is making me reconsider things. I'm visiting NDLS on Monday, though, so I'll see if I could see myself there.

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby SrLaw » Fri May 06, 2011 1:10 pm

Mr. December wrote:
lawyeriA wrote:
Mr. December wrote:
SrLaw wrote:I am shocked. Does ND give higher than 18K per year? It seems like that is their cap?


No, I was accepted off the waitlist with 20 K per year. And my scholly notification was within the acceptance email, for those asking.


I see you also got a full ride from Indiana. Same boat as my friend who decided the full ride was too much to give up for 18k a year at ND off waitlist. Thinking about changing plans yourself if you don't mind me asking?


Actually, I had already turned down the full ride at IUB because I was dead set on going to GW so that I would have access to the D.C. market (plus I really liked the city). But the debt I'd incur from GW as well as the respect I've always had for ND (it was actually my #1 choice when I applied in the fall) is making me reconsider things. I'm visiting NDLS on Monday, though, so I'll see if I could see myself there.



I will be visiting as well. As for IU-B, a great school but I am a little weary of the prospects? I had a 3L tell me that only 15% of the class had jobs.

bcsum00
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:19 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby bcsum00 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:22 pm

Congrats to everyone off the waitlist. If you haven't already, you should look to join the facebook group "Notre Dame Law Class of 2014". It is an open group, so I believe you can just join. Otherwise message me and I can invite you into the group.

Anyone that is going to be in Chicago this summer, we are planning a get together. Right now the first one is tentatively scheduled for the 18th.

Good luck to everyone in their decisions and congrats again if you made it off the waitlist.

User avatar
chrisnashville
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:46 am

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby chrisnashville » Fri May 06, 2011 3:25 pm

SrLaw wrote:I will be visiting as well. As for IU-B, a great school but I am a little weary of the prospects? I had a 3L tell me that only 15% of the class had jobs.


Yeah, I think 3Ls at most schools in the country will be hurting right now. % employed at graduation rates will be interesting to look at for c/o 2011. I'm sure ND is not immune.

Here's hoping we're not as unlucky in 2-3 years (or, 1 year when OCI is coming up...).

rsd765
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:44 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby rsd765 » Fri May 06, 2011 4:32 pm

jgator1 wrote:In off WL with 20k/yr. I called yesterday and spoke with someone in admissions and today I got an acceptance email. I know people dread calling schools because they're afraid they might annoy adcomms but I'm very happy with my situation's outcome.


Just curious, how did you frame the purpose of your call?

amp
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby amp » Sat May 07, 2011 7:17 pm

Random question: Should our deposit check be made payable to the University of Notre Dame Law School or just the University of Notre Dame?

User avatar
1984sheepdog
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:02 pm

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Postby 1984sheepdog » Sat May 07, 2011 7:27 pm

amp wrote:Random question: Should our deposit check be made payable to the University of Notre Dame Law School or just the University of Notre Dame?


well, congrats sir/madam on accepting your offer of admission. welcome to the class. i made mine out to the university, but i would imagine making it out to the law school wouldn't matter much.

i haven't checked tls since i was accepted to nd (which was a while ago). best of luck to all those still trudging through the admissions process. a word of inspiration to those who are down: notre dame appreciates your entire application, not one part. anyways, if you have a question about the process i'd be happy to share what knowledge i have (if any).




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: comicbookdude, josh9308, mse2020 and 7 guests