Notre Dame 2014 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bball25

New

Re: Notre Dame 2014 applicants

Post by bball25 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:17 pm

Does any one have a link to the website which is suppose to help people find roommates? I sent in my roommate finder sheet but haven't received a response and I know it's getting pretty late in the game.

dumbledore

New

Post by dumbledore » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:40 am

Hey can someone tell me when the first day of orientation is?

VY10

New

Post by VY10 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:52 pm

dumbledore wrote:Hey can someone tell me when the first day of orientation is?
I believe the first day of class begins August 22nd, with orientation beginning August 20th.

chrisnashville

Bronze

Post by chrisnashville » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:30 pm

dumbledore wrote:Hey can someone tell me when the first day of orientation is?
From the latest e-mail from admissions:

August 18: Pick-up Orientation Materials and meet your classmates at a dessert reception.

August 19-20: Orientation

August 22: First Day of Classes

Bpfox10

New

Post by Bpfox10 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Does anyone know how ND treats multiple LSATs? I just received a greatly improved LSAT score and I'm hoping it gets me off this waitlist.

Thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jackwhiteiii

New

Post by jackwhiteiii » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:23 pm

“It is our policy to consider all LSAT scores. However, if you have taken the LSAT more than once within a five-year period, the most recent and/or highest LSAT score may be given more focus."

Bpfox10

New

Post by Bpfox10 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:37 pm

Thanks!

thebookcollector

Bronze

Post by thebookcollector » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:53 pm

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 4&t=158569

2Ls taking questions. Also, feel free to PM me...

Bpfox10

New

Post by Bpfox10 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:10 pm

In +20k

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dumbledore

New

Post by dumbledore » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:18 pm

Bpfox10 wrote:In +20k
Congrats! Your LSAT score must've been a pretty big improvement. What were your initial and updated numbers?

Bpfox10

New

Post by Bpfox10 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:21 pm

dumbledore wrote:
Congrats! Your LSAT score must've been a pretty big improvement. What were your initial and updated numbers?

164-->170

jackwhiteiii

New

Post by jackwhiteiii » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:30 pm

Holy crap congrats! Are you taking it? A 170 is a pretty big deal.

dumbledore

New

Post by dumbledore » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:31 pm

Bpfox10 wrote:
dumbledore wrote:

164-->170
That's awesome. Depending on your GPA you would probably be competitive for a few T-14s next cycle. But 20k a year at ND is pretty bad ass. Will you reapply next cycle or are you headed to NDLS?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bpfox10

New

Post by Bpfox10 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:00 pm

My GPA is a little lack luster at 3.44, so my plan is to sleep on it and make a final decision this weekend. I have until Tuesday morning to decide, but I really can't see myself turning this down. With that GPA, I just don't see myself as being competitive enough at a T-14 school to justify waiting a year.

Sorry to all of you still waiting. Trust me, I really feel for you and I hope you also get the phone call.

lawyeriA

New

Post by lawyeriA » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:32 pm

Anyone know if ND sends rejection updates to those on the waitlist at all, or if you simply haven't heard anything from them it essentially translates to a rejection?

NDlaworbust

New

Post by NDlaworbust » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:10 am

If anyone needs information on where to live, let me know as I already live in the area. A number of students live at the pointe apartments (about a mile from campus) and I can provide additional information. I also know some other grad students who have houses they rent space in if anyone wants more of a home lifestyle.

jackwhiteiii

New

Post by jackwhiteiii » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:30 pm

Did anyone else get the waitlist update today? BAH I wish I knew how many people were on this beast to realistically gauge how I'm going to spend the next 3 years!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dumbledore

New

Post by dumbledore » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:53 pm

jackwhiteiii wrote:Did anyone else get the waitlist update today? BAH I wish I knew how many people were on this beast to realistically gauge how I'm going to spend the next 3 years!
What did the email say?

jackwhiteiii

New

Post by jackwhiteiii » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:44 pm

Alot of info about their selection process that has been sent in prior mailings-- the only important part said, "UPDATE:
At this time our class is full. We know that it is likely we will make a limited number of offers between now and Orientation on August 19. We do not anticipate making a significant number of offers. As such, we will be making additional cuts from the waitlist if/when we feel confident we will not have a seat for you in the class. At this time, you are still active on the waitlist.

IMPROVING YOUR CHANCES FOR AN OFFER:
At this point, offers of admission depend on how others respond rather than what you can do. If in reviewing your initial application or any other materials already submitted to NDLS, you notice that you did not address something you believe would help the Admissions Committee when making their decision, please forward it to lawyer@nd.edu as soon as possible. Please include your name and LSAC Account number on any documents submitted."

dumbledore

New

Post by dumbledore » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:03 pm

jackwhiteiii wrote:Alot of info about their selection process that has been sent in prior mailings-- the only important part said, "UPDATE:
At this time our class is full. We know that it is likely we will make a limited number of offers between now and Orientation on August 19. We do not anticipate making a significant number of offers. As such, we will be making additional cuts from the waitlist if/when we feel confident we will not have a seat for you in the class. At this time, you are still active on the waitlist.

IMPROVING YOUR CHANCES FOR AN OFFER:
At this point, offers of admission depend on how others respond rather than what you can do. If in reviewing your initial application or any other materials already submitted to NDLS, you notice that you did not address something you believe would help the Admissions Committee when making their decision, please forward it to lawyer@nd.edu as soon as possible. Please include your name and LSAC Account number on any documents submitted."
Well, I didn't get that email but haven't been officially cut yet either. The letter is probably being mailed or something. Good luck!

jackwhiteiii

New

Post by jackwhiteiii » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:44 pm

UPDATE:

Since Orientation is only a few weeks away, time to make offers of admission and time to accept or decline an offer of admission is very limited. Our process for reviewing applications and making offers is the same as it has been in the past and is outlined below for your reference. To help ensure a timely process in making offers, please complete the waitlist information form through the link below. Even if you have completed a similar form in the past, you must complete this form to receive further consideration. Please do so as soon as possible.

OUR PROCESS:
We will continue to make offers if/when seats become available. To do this, the Admissions Committee will identify and review applications, as necessary, based on class size and composition. If, and only if, in the process of reviewing your application the Admissions Committee has additional questions, a member of the Admissions Office will contact you for a phone interview. A phone interview does not guarantee an offer of admission. Similarly, the lack of a phone interview does not mean you are not being considered for a seat. You may NOT request a phone interview.

If you are offered admission, you will be notified via U.S. mail and e-mail; you may also receive a phone call. If you are offered admission, you will have a very limited amount of time to accept or decline the offer. At this time, you will have about two days to make your enrollment decision. Please note: you will have to make a decision prior to receiving a Financial Aid award letter based on your FAFSA. If you are awarded scholarship you will be notified at the time of admission. The Financial Aid award letter only includes Direct Loan eligibility information. If you have qualified for Direct Loans at other schools it is very likely that you will qualify for the same distribution for your Direct Loans at NDLS. Scholarships are only awarded from the Law School (not the Financial Aid Office) and are rare at this point of the process.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”