Finally made my decision

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
qaz123

Finally made my decision

Postby qaz123 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:46 pm

After much consideration I've decided not to go to UBALT and retake my LSAT in Dec and reapply. I'm reallly upset about this because I really wanted to start school this year but things happen. I hope I'm making the right decision. :(

bananasinpajamas

Re: Finally made my decision

Postby bananasinpajamas » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:19 pm

By applying in december, you will already be at a severe disadvantage by applying so late in the law school cycle. Since you are reapplying, I'd recommend taking the LSAT in october if at all possible. With each cycle becoming harder and more people applying, you don't want your hard work to not pay off fully.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:20 pm

You're making the right call, but I would second that you should aim for the October LSAT.

qaz123

Postby qaz123 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:24 pm

The only locations avaliable for the Oct test are about an hour away from me. I would be willing to travel if neccessary. If I start studying now is that enough time to prepare for Oct?

bananasinpajamas

Postby bananasinpajamas » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:28 pm

It should be. I'd recommend checking out the PowerScore bibles depending on which areas you need work in.

Also, make sure to get any additional letters of rec, personal statement, and resume done by the time you receive your LSAT score as well as the applications themselves. That way, when you get your score, you can click send to all your schools that night and be done with it. You will also beat out a lot of people timewise on applications. Just make sure getting them done on time doesn't sacrifice quality.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:33 pm

qaz123 wrote:The only locations avaliable for the Oct test are about an hour away from me. I would be willing to travel if neccessary. If I start studying now is that enough time to prepare for Oct?

Yes. I traveled 1 hour for my first LSAT. It sucks, but I think getting your apps in by late October/early November is definitely worth it.

Could always go the route of getting a hotel for the night near the test center.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”