Reapply? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ellewoods87

New

Reapply?

Post by ellewoods87 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Last edited by ellewoods87 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MURPH

Silver

Re: Reapply?

Post by MURPH » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:13 am

Dear God! take a Blueprint, Testmasters or Powerscore course and not Kaplan.
Yes you need a new PS. Brand new is better than revised.
Apply early, maybe before you retake. Ask each school. Now is the time to call the schools and ask to speak to the Dean of admissions. They are not as busy this time of year. You are already on their waitlist. They will be willing to offer advice and the conversation will count as an extra interview which can be good if you are cool. (You can blow it too so be careful). Use the same LORs

jayn3

Silver

Post by jayn3 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:17 am

if you can get a better lsat, baltimore is settling. study your ass off and try again with a more competitive list.

would it be possible to defer your acceptance to baltimore for a year?

AVBucks4239

Silver

Post by AVBucks4239 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:29 pm

Edit...
Last edited by AVBucks4239 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:35 pm

This is one case where cries of "retake!" are really and truly the best advice. That's awesome that your aunt will pay for a course (I didn't take one so I can't tell you yes or no to Kaplan, but use the search function at the bottom of the page because there are TONS of threads about which course is best) and that should help boost your score. Study a lot for the retake, because a shiny new score can mean a) money at a school you got accepted to w/out money this year, or b) acceptance at a better school. Since you don't want big law, getting your LSAT up into the 160s to get some scholarship money will be great for you. I think that you should definitely reapply.

As for the PS, write a whole new one, and have all your applications ready so you can submit them as SOON as October scores are released. Good luck!

pertristis

Bronze

Post by pertristis » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:28 pm

By all means, if you're not happy with your score, retake and reapply. A 162 will put you in contention for schools in the lower T2 (i.e., ~80 or so), and it goes up from there. Even if you're not wanting biglaw, getting into a T2 school rather than a TTT or TTTT school will be big.

I'm going to dissent from MURPH's opinion and wholeheartedly suggest Kaplan. I took a Kaplan course, and I found my teacher and the support staff at the center to be terribly supportive. Your milage may vary at different centers, but my experience was extremely positive.

Best of luck next year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”