Waitlisted @ 4 schools Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pearl451

New

Waitlisted @ 4 schools

Post by pearl451 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:46 am

I have been waitlisted at four Law Schools for Fall admission 2010. It is currently mid July and I have yet to hear back from any of them. All of the schools are out-of-state, and I currently hold a full time job. I am hoping that I find out at least 2 weeks before orientation starts, so that I may give my job 2 weeks notices and have time to move.

Does anyone know if schools send out denial letters if you aren't pulled off the waitlist for acceptance? Or do you just hear nothing at at all and the semester starts?

Any advice would be a great help. Thanks! :D

ncct07

New

Re: Waitlisted @ 4 schools

Post by ncct07 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:12 am

I called NYU yesterday; they weren't really offering any hope beyond "it's difficult to make a prediction, but as of today we are full."
And yesterday, Northwestern tweeted: Waitlist decisions are being made as space becomes available. Theoretically, this will continue up until the first day of classes.

Maybe you should call the 4 schools and ask. At this point, I doubt it could hurt. Might help.

gdane

Diamond

Re: Waitlisted @ 4 schools

Post by gdane » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:27 pm

Schools definitely reject people if you arent accepted off their waitlist. However, when is uncertain. Many do it as soon as the Waitlist process begins (Mid April) and continue until the second deposit is due (Mid June). At this point in time schools keep very small waitlists so that if one or two spots open up late in the summer they dont have to go through 500 people. However, the obvious issue is that usually very few spots open up late in the summer...

I would recommend asking the school if they will release everyone at a certain point or if the waitlist stays open up until the class begins. Im sorry that your life is "on hold" at the moment. I guess Im fortunate in the sense that I was released from the WL I was on and I've been able to continue with my life. You'll be ok.

Good luck!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”