Higher LSAT score make a diff for wait-list? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jarofsoup

Gold

Higher LSAT score make a diff for wait-list?

Post by jarofsoup » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:54 pm

I am currently wait-listed for a school. My highest lsat score is my june lsat. I called the school to ask them if it mattered and they told me that they do not look at the june lsat score...

I am wait-listed do they not consider this because of USNWR or ABA wont consider the June in their ranking or was the person I talked to a dumb ass....

gdane

Diamond

Re: Higher LSAT score make a diff for wait-list?

Post by gdane » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:58 pm

They dont consider it because the June LSAT is usually used for the upcoming cycle. I dont think USNWR or the ABA has anything to do with it. If you want to confirm that your school really doesnt accept the June LSAT for waitlist purposes call the school again and try to get a straightforward answer.

Good luck!

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:08 am

The school just doesn't want to consider June scores. It has nothing to do with USNWR or ABA.

MURPH

Silver

Post by MURPH » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:29 am

Send them an LOCI right away. God only knows who you are talking to when you call. I spoke to someone at one school for about five minutes before I realized she was an undergrad with a work study job. At least if you put it in writing someone might read it when they are considering people for admission.

Plenty of TLSers have been admitted off of a waitlist with a better June LSAT score.

ScndCareertyme

New

Post by ScndCareertyme » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:01 am

it really is a school by school basis - and MURPH is dead on. One admissions office i have called had an extremely rude lady at the front desk (she ended up being an undergrad just working there). She told me erroneous information several times and on one LOCI i sent in, i sent it directly to where she told me, but it never made it. I called and sent it again, and again did not make it. I eventually went up the chain to get in touch with someone i knew was legit. The first girl was either incompetent or devious. really - who knows their agenda or skill/knowledge level. I am personally on the WL at two schools that I desperately want to attend (over the place im accepted). One has changed my status checker to say "under review pending new LSAT" the other has yet to acknowledge my attempt to get in off the WL with the June LSAT (although i have sent two letters). I bumped my lsat too - not tons though, 3 pts. But we'll see. G/L

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”