okk Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
whaho

New

okk

Post by whaho » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:50 pm

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Last edited by whaho on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

holydonkey

Silver

Re: Can you negotiate this way....

Post by holydonkey » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:54 pm

whaho wrote:Short and sweet...

Full ride to Pepperdine, not guaranteed for some reason. Got into BU off the waitlist...is there a good way to go about telling Pepperdine about my acceptance in order to get a that scholarship money guaranteed? If so, how would you do this? I don't want to come off like a jerk and completely compromise the entire point of telling them. Thanks for the help guys...
GPA requirement? In what way is it not guaranteed?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:56 pm

I would just say that you've been offered a spot at BU and you feel that, due to the difference in school rank, it would be tough to pass up with a guarantee on the scholarship.

It's a completely justifiable position. You're not talking about the #29 versus the #32 school here. BU is what, in the 20's and Pepperdine is T2 (60's or 70's?), right?

Alyssa

New

Post by Alyssa » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:57 pm

whaho wrote:Short and sweet...

Full ride to Pepperdine, not guaranteed for some reason. Got into BU off the waitlist...is there a good way to go about telling Pepperdine about my acceptance in order to get a that scholarship money guaranteed? If so, how would you do this? I don't want to come off like a jerk and completely compromise the entire point of telling them. Thanks for the help guys...

I would definitely do this if you're serious about going to Pepperdine if they guarantee it. Basically, you're telling them that you're very grateful for the scholarship and that while you put down a deposit with them, you are weighing other options, including a spot at BU - and that you'd like to know if there's any way to have the scholarship guaranteed since it will make your decision a little easier.

(btw, I did this with Fordham after I got my Columbia acceptance to get them to increase their scholarship - which they did, but I took Columbia at sticker anyway. Just don't say that you'd definitely pick Pepperdine if they guarantee the scholarship - what if you change your mind?)

whaho

New

Post by whaho » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:02 pm

GPA requirement...again I'm not really too worried about why its not guaranteed, just if this sort of leverage is worth anything...the goal is to get it guaranteed, and I'm having a hard time thinking of what to say and how to say it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

whaho

New

Post by whaho » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:02 pm

kalvano wrote:I would just say that you've been offered a spot at BU and you feel that, due to the difference in school rank, it would be tough to pass up with a guarantee on the scholarship.

It's a completely justifiable position. You're not talking about the #29 versus the #32 school here. BU is what, in the 20's and Pepperdine is T2 (60's or 70's?), right?

55, not quite so far away but your point should still stand....about 30 rank spots..

Mich33

New

Re: okk

Post by Mich33 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:29 pm

BU has had wl movement? What are your numbers?

1ferret!

Bronze

Re: okk

Post by 1ferret! » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:37 pm

said it before, and I'll say it again. Doesn't matter what your scores are or which other schools are interested in you. Pepperdine will not remove the top 1/3 requirement. Have fun at BU.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”