ohio state vs. cardozo Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ranni

New

ohio state vs. cardozo

Post by ranni » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:53 pm

I have been accepted to both schools. I have a $10,000 scholarship at Ohio State. I would like to work on the east coast (probably DC). Which school do you think will better set me up to have a good job on the east coast?

bk1

Diamond

Re: ohio state vs. cardozo

Post by bk1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:00 pm

Neither will have that great a shot at DC. Cardozo will give you a better shot at NYC compared to OSU.

If you really want DC or want more east coast options, then I would suggest retake/reapply.

ranni

New

Post by ranni » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:19 pm

Do you think it would be difficult to get out of Ohio if I went to Ohio State?

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:23 pm

These are all questions that can be answered with a little bit of self-help. OSU has a DC semester program FWIW.

If you just want a job somewhere on the east coast, obviously Cardozo is in NYC. However, chances are it won't be a market paying job and Cardozo will probably end up costing you at least twice as much as OSU. OSU is the best in its market, Dozo feeds into NYC, which is basically where all the top students from all the top schools want to be. Relatively little fish in the biggest legal pond in the country.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”