Will Waitlist Activity Pick Up in Late June/Early July?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Genericswingman

Will Waitlist Activity Pick Up in Late June/Early July?

Postby Genericswingman » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:02 pm

Anyone have an opinion on when waitlist activity will reach its high point?

June? July?

Or have we already seen the high point?

Integrity

Re: Will Waitlist Activity Pick Up in Late June/Early July?

Postby Integrity » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:31 pm

You're kind of asking us to look into our crystal balls, but I would surmise around June 15 is the peak. I certainly hope wait list season has not peaked yet!

mte84

Postby mte84 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:50 pm

I think it's too hard to tell anything with this year's round. I do believe there are more people than normal double deposited/considering deferral if employed... however, it is possible the law schools anticipated this situation with the current economy. This all being said, there have been some lists that have had remarkably less movement than normal so far(northwestern and vandy come to mind). Then again, maybe TLS isn't a good representative of reality for these schools. Bottom line: who knows....

I do believe that the T-3 and GULC will move very little since there seems to have been more movement in those waitlist threads than others. Thoughts of anyone else?

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:31 pm

mte84 wrote:I think it's too hard to tell anything with this year's round. I do believe there are more people than normal double deposited/considering deferral if employed... however, it is possible the law schools anticipated this situation with the current economy. This all being said, there have been some lists that have had remarkably less movement than normal so far(northwestern and vandy come to mind). Then again, maybe TLS isn't a good representative of reality for these schools. Bottom line: who knows....

I do believe that the T-3 and GULC will move very little since there seems to have been more movement in those waitlist threads than others. Thoughts of anyone else?

Well I think the assumption here though is more movement means more offers accepted (therefore less movement later on). GULC could be showing a lot of movement because A. a lot of their waitlist offers are being rejected, OR their regular season offers were rejected and/or B. GULC just has a larger class, so of course they'll need to make more offers to fill it.

I wouldn't be surprised if in previous years, GULC's waitlist had a lot of movement as well.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”