Waitlist Survival Techniques

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Thunder Jones

Bronze

Waitlist Survival Techniques

Postby Thunder Jones » Fri May 21, 2010 10:25 am

The June waitlist offers are still two weeks away. How are you planning on making the next two weeks pass by more quickly? I work in real estate and since the tax credit went away a few weeks ago, my work life for the past few weeks has been dead. So far, I've tried:

XBox
Evan Williams
Streaming old TV series on Netflix
Lux on my iPhone

Ideas?

pertristis

Bronze

Re: Waitlist Survival Techniques

Postby pertristis » Fri May 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Resignation has worked quite well. I know that I'll be repeating the cycle next year if I don't clear a waitlist this cycle. I've just resigned myself to doing this again, and my
stress level has decreased precipitously.

RonArtest

New

Postby RonArtest » Fri May 21, 2010 1:31 pm

pertristis wrote:Resignation has worked quite well. I know that I'll be repeating the cycle next year if I don't clear a waitlist this cycle. I've just resigned myself to doing this again, and my

I'm with you on this.

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Fri May 21, 2010 1:42 pm

pertristis wrote:Resignation has worked quite well. I know that I'll be repeating the cycle next year if I don't clear a waitlist this cycle. I've just resigned myself to doing this again, and my

+1

Patriot1208

Platinum

Postby Patriot1208 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:43 pm

I'm not in your situation, yet anyways, but in these types of situations I always find that an exuberant amount of sex (or jerking it if need be) is always helpful. Also, i'm a big fan of the streaming old tv shows on netflix. Because then you can really become engrossed in the plot. Buffy the vampire slayer can be a lifesaver. Plus she's sexy.

ODBCP

New

Postby ODBCP » Fri May 21, 2010 1:45 pm

i've been reading the archives of dictionary.com's word of the day in order to proliferate my aggregate sum of extraneously loquacious vocables to grandiloquent stratums so that I may more puissantly inculcate my magnanimity and sagacity to the institutions at which i am waitlisted.

man i fuckin hate my life.

edit: forgot to include that the word of the day a few days ago was 'matriculate'. how nice of dictionary.com to rub it in my face.

Sias

Bronze

Postby Sias » Fri May 21, 2010 1:48 pm

ODBCP wrote:i've been reading the archives of dictionary.com's word of the day in order to proliferate my aggregate sum of extraneously loquacious vocables to grandiloquent stratums so that I may more puissantly inculcate my magnanimity and sagacity to the institutions at which i am waitlisted.

man i fuckin hate my life.

edit: forgot to include that the word of the day a few days ago was 'matriculate'. how nice of dictionary.com to rub it in my face.

NYCG8TR

New

Postby NYCG8TR » Fri May 21, 2010 1:55 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:

+1

This has been my approach as well.

pertristis

Bronze

Postby pertristis » Fri May 21, 2010 2:03 pm

I'm glad to know that I'm not alone. It's certainly cheaper than hookers and blow.

Then again, it's more competition for next year. Damnit.

cubedweller

New

Postby cubedweller » Fri May 21, 2010 2:13 pm

+1 :?

Integrity

Bronze

Postby Integrity » Fri May 21, 2010 2:16 pm

I thought this thread was going to list methods to avoid getting cut from wait lists! :p

Patriot1208

Platinum

Postby Patriot1208 » Fri May 21, 2010 2:18 pm

pertristis wrote:I'm glad to know that I'm not alone. It's certainly cheaper than hookers and blow.

Getting a Hooker is a bad choice, it just adds stress when your worried, is this and undercover cop, why does she smell like a dead fish, where are half her teeth, and why am I itching before she even touched me.

ODBCP

New

Postby ODBCP » Fri May 21, 2010 3:03 pm

you need better hookers my friend.

pertristis

Bronze

Postby pertristis » Fri May 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
pertristis wrote:I'm glad to know that I'm not alone. It's certainly cheaper than hookers and blow.

Getting a Hooker is a bad choice, it just adds stress when your worried, is this and undercover cop, why does she smell like a dead fish, where are half her teeth, and why am I itching before she even touched me.

Wow, man. High class hookers you're finding, eh?

Patriot1208

Platinum

Postby Patriot1208 » Fri May 21, 2010 3:11 pm

pertristis wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:

Hey, cash is tight, thats why i'm going to go to law school, so I can afford the "girlfriend experience".

RonArtest

New

Postby RonArtest » Fri May 21, 2010 3:39 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
pertristis wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:

Hey, cash is tight, thats why i'm going to go to law school, so I can afford the [strike]"girlfriend experience"[/strike]soul crushing debt experience.

Patriot1208

Platinum

Postby Patriot1208 » Fri May 21, 2010 4:43 pm

[/quote]

Getting a Hooker is a bad choice, it just adds stress when your worried, is this and undercover cop, why does she smell like a dead fish, where are half her teeth, and why am I itching before she even touched me.[/quote]

Wow, man. High class hookers you're finding, eh?[/quote]

Hey, cash is tight, thats why i'm going to go to law school, so I can afford the [strike]"girlfriend experience"[/strike]soul crushing debt experience.[/quote][/quote]

Ya, but as long as I can take out a little extra in those student debts to get that girlfriend experience. Or better yet i'll get my grandfather that girlfriend experience so he has a heart attack and leaves me that 150,000 dollars he supposedly has in gold.

Thunder Jones

Bronze

Postby Thunder Jones » Fri May 21, 2010 5:19 pm

You know, when I got mind-numbingly bored and posted this topic this morning, I never saw it turning in to a discussion of prostitution Hope you guys enjoy your commercialized version of the denigration of women...

d34d9823

Gold

Postby d34d9823 » Fri May 21, 2010 5:20 pm

Thunder Jones wrote:You know, when I got mind-numbingly bored and posted this topic this morning, I never saw it turning in to a discussion of prostitution Hope you guys enjoy your commercialized version of the denigration of women...

Would you like a saddle for your high horse?

Thunder Jones

Bronze

Postby Thunder Jones » Fri May 21, 2010 5:21 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
Thunder Jones wrote:You know, when I got mind-numbingly bored and posted this topic this morning, I never saw it turning in to a discussion of prostitution Hope you guys enjoy your commercialized version of the denigration of women...

If that's a high horse, then it's a low standard...

bk1

Diamond

Postby bk1 » Fri May 21, 2010 5:36 pm

Blatant anti-gigolo trolling. :P

Patriot1208

Platinum

Postby Patriot1208 » Fri May 21, 2010 5:50 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:

blatant anti-barebacking trolling

Hey-O

Silver

Postby Hey-O » Fri May 21, 2010 6:02 pm

Yay! I love being on the waitlist. I quit my job early because I thought I was going to a summer session school but changed my mind and am now going in the fall.

Now I:

Wake up late
Hang out in coffee shops
http://www.freerice.com - YAY
Go for long walks
Rent free DVDs from the library
Go out drinking during happy hour
Waste my savings on books and clothes!

Best summer ever!

bk1

Diamond

Postby bk1 » Fri May 21, 2010 6:33 pm

Hey-O wrote:http://www.freerice.com - YAY

wtf. Now I have something else to do in class.

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Postby Foosters Galore » Fri May 21, 2010 6:34 pm

I bet you're just a joy to be around.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists�