Ever browse LSN and go WTF?!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MrSoOoFLy

Ever browse LSN and go WTF?!

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Tue May 18, 2010 4:42 am

8)
Last edited by MrSoOoFLy on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Learning Hand

Re: Ever browse LSN and go WTF?!

Postby Learning Hand » Tue May 18, 2010 4:43 am

probably a troll.

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Tue May 18, 2010 4:47 am

When I clicked on the thread I thought to myself "I wonder if he means that person who claims to have been accepted off the NYU waitlist with terrible numbers even though they're not taking people off the waitlist yet"

MrSoOoFLy

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Tue May 18, 2010 4:48 am

8)
Last edited by MrSoOoFLy on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue May 18, 2010 4:52 am

whether or not it's a troll, the comments on that page overflow with fail

MrSoOoFLy

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Tue May 18, 2010 4:56 am

8)

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue May 18, 2010 5:01 am

My first instinct is to think "well, there's one person below me in the curve". But then I suppress the inner a-hole.

MrSoOoFLy

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Tue May 18, 2010 5:23 am

8)

TCScrutinizer

Postby TCScrutinizer » Tue May 18, 2010 5:40 am

adh07d wrote:My first instinct is to think "well, there's one person below me in the curve". But then I suppress the inner a-hole.

Yeah, if I saw a 3.1/148 was in at my school, my first thought would probably be, "well, that's one more shot at making law review."

RickyRoe

Postby RickyRoe » Tue May 18, 2010 6:12 am

MrSoOoFLy wrote:1 out of 51?
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/cty

Hard to feel sorry for people that are this clueless. Did he really think he was going to get into Stanford, NYU, Columbia, or Chicago?

Seriously though. Who applies to 50 schools? I know they have need based fee-waivers, but are those unlimited? 50 applications * $50 each is $2,500.

MrSoOoFLy

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Tue May 18, 2010 3:30 pm

8)

gdane

Postby gdane » Tue May 18, 2010 4:54 pm

Take a look at this guy. I admire his conviction, but he has no idea what he's getting himself into. His page was full of comments from people telling him not go to a TTTT (all valid arguments). I think he deleted them because his page is empty now. Poor guy. I dont even want to know what's going to happen to him...

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/hungryjohnny

raperez129

Postby raperez129 » Tue May 18, 2010 5:01 pm

wow..... :shock:

MrSoOoFLy

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Tue May 18, 2010 5:04 pm

8)
Last edited by MrSoOoFLy on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue May 18, 2010 5:07 pm

TCS wrote:
adh07d wrote:My first instinct is to think "well, there's one person below me in the curve". But then I suppress the inner a-hole.

Yeah, if I saw a 3.1/148 was in at my school, my first thought would probably be, "well, that's one more shot at making law review."

would you be scared of splitters or reverse splitters? 2.5/175 or a 4.0/159?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue May 18, 2010 5:09 pm

MrSoOoFLy wrote:I seriously can't understand why people attend non-accredited law schools, someone please shine some light on this for me...

I credit it to the culture of American parenting/schooling/etc. A lot of people instilled with this, "Yes you can!" attitude that prevails throughout the rest of their lifetime. Kids growing up are all taught that they are special flowers who can do anything if they put their minds to it. Well guess what? No you're not... and no you can't

So despite the fact that they were mediocre in college, sub-par on the LSAT, and read/write at subpar levels, lots of people go to shitty law schools thinkin, "I can beat the odds and succeed!" The fact that they have been pampered, sheltered, and coddled their whole lives leads them to think they are a special person who can achieve anything.

We need more people like Rudy's dad from the movie Rudy. Or Red Foreman. Dads who tell their kids they are worthless and will never amount to anything. Yup, that's what we need.

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Tue May 18, 2010 5:13 pm

romothesavior wrote:
MrSoOoFLy wrote:I seriously can't understand why people attend non-accredited law schools, someone please shine some light on this for me...

I credit it to the culture of American parenting/schooling/etc. A lot of people instilled with this, "Yes you can!" attitude that prevails throughout the rest of their lifetime. Kids growing up are all taught that they are special flowers who can do anything if they put their minds to it. Well guess what? No you're not... and no you can't

So despite the fact that they were mediocre in college, sub-par on the LSAT, and read/write at subpar levels, lots of people go to shitty law schools thinkin, "I can beat the odds and succeed!" The fact that they have been pampered, sheltered, and coddled their whole lives leads them to think they are a special person who can achieve anything.

We need more people like Rudy's dad from the movie Rudy. Or Red Foreman. Dads who tell their kids they are worthless and will never amount to anything. Yup, that's what we need.

TITCR. I mean, I'm all for people having dreams, but American parenting has just run amok on this point. You've got kids who can barely do better than guessing on the LSAT thinking they're going to have successful careers as lawyers.

MrSoOoFLy

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Tue May 18, 2010 5:21 pm

8)
Last edited by MrSoOoFLy on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Tue May 18, 2010 5:22 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

TITCR. I mean, I'm all for people having dreams, but American parenting has just run amok on this point. You've got kids who can barely do better than guessing on the LSAT thinking they're going to have successful careers as lawyers.

I actually had this exact conversation today. To a certain extent I feel like my parents did a disservice by telling me I could achieve anything I wanted to (and they weren't even that insistent on this point like many parents are). It's been a hard lesson learning that in a lot of areas, my ambition far exceeds my ability.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue May 18, 2010 5:23 pm

MrSoOoFLy wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

But shouldn't 22+ have some sense of reality by now?

Not always, especially if they haven't been out in the real world. Some of my friends have NO idea what they are getting themselves into. I'm all for T3s if they are cheap and fill a legitimate regional niche, but a lot of them are going to JMLS in Chicago and places that charge ridiculous rates for terrible degrees.

If it wasn't for TLS, I would have had no idea what I was doing throughout this process and would have likely settled for a T2 or T3 with my fist LSAT score.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue May 18, 2010 5:36 pm

finalaspects wrote:
TCS wrote:

scurred outta my mind for that 175, not as much for reverse splitters, because they can just be hard workers for that 4.0, and i'm not worried about people outworking me.

hellokitty

Postby hellokitty » Tue May 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Could be real...if they just really needed a URM...but that name "loshanda" makes me think it's a troll...

Postby 09042014 » Tue May 18, 2010 5:38 pm

romothesavior wrote:
MrSoOoFLy wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

But shouldn't 22+ have some sense of reality by now?

Not always, especially if they haven't been out in the real world. Some of my friends have NO idea what they are getting themselves into. I'm all for T3s if they are cheap and fill a legitimate regional niche, but a lot of them are going to JMLS in Chicago and places that charge ridiculous rates for terrible degrees.

If it wasn't for TLS, I would have had no idea what I was doing throughout this process and would have likely settled for a T2 or T3 with my fist LSAT score.

If they are female, give me and BooJS their phone numbers please.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue May 18, 2010 5:45 pm

adh07d wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
TCS wrote:

scurred outta my mind for that 175, not as much for reverse splitters, because they can just be hard workers for that 4.0, and i'm not worried about people outworking me.

true. high GPA might mean easy majors or just works hard instead of working smart. so i guess high LSAT folks are the ones to fear since they are smart and if they just try, they'll be that much better.

what LSAT score would scare you though? you have 168 so anyone with the same score or higher even with a 2.x gpa?

ogman05

Postby ogman05 » Tue May 18, 2010 5:50 pm

hellokitty wrote:Could be real...if they just really needed a URM...but that name "loshanda" makes me think it's a troll...

100% troll people. cmon anyone who applies to michigan and cooley in the same cycle is a troll. NYU and UMich. doubt it. Rejected from Howard. $$ from UMich??? Flaming troll.

I would say /thread but some people on LSN are pretty shocking and believable so the original topic still holds outside of that ridic profile.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”