COULD REALLY USE YOUR ADVICE Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thewaitinggame

New

COULD REALLY USE YOUR ADVICE

Post by thewaitinggame » Fri May 14, 2010 2:30 pm

Hey Guys I was wondering if I could get some advice,

Southwestern is and has been my top choice, and pretty much my only choice now.. kinda ironic.

I applied right at the deadline (I know really late in the game) but haven't heard back yet and was wondering if a LOCI would do any good.

My numbers 2.87 (with legitimate reason explained in ps) LSAT (160)
Softs: Broke racial barriers with organizations on campus and held many leadership positions. Indian and from the east coast (heard they prefer students from around the California are)

I was going to write a LOCI about how I am currently progressing to earning A's in my last courses that should put me back around the 3.0 range and some other stuff I am doing (doing research to write a book).

Any advice would be really appreciated and let me know if you need any more information....

Thanks in advance...

thewaitinggame

New

Re: COULD REALLY USE YOUR ADVICE

Post by thewaitinggame » Fri May 14, 2010 2:31 pm

I guess the question is LOCI or wait it out?

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:33 pm

LOCI's probably can't hurt. Let them know you will attend if accepted. Try to establish a personal line of communication with the Admissions Dean.

That's probably the last bit of advice you'll get before this devolves into people trying to talk you out of Southwestern. And just as a service to you, seriously, don't go to Southwestern.

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:37 pm

I didn't read the post, but I can tell from the title that your caps lock key is stuck. Don't worry, this is solvable. Please follow these steps:
1. Use a screwdriver to pop the plastic key loose from the keyboard
2. Clean the back of the key and the key toggle (the little plastic push switch under the key) with rubbing alcohol
3. Push up and down on the toggle to ensure it works. If it doesn't, take your keyboard to a computer repair shop. If it does, replace the key and you're good to go.

HTH

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Fri May 14, 2010 2:39 pm

finish with a 3.0, retake the LSAT, get 165+, apply to tier 1 school in California...

You really should do the above, but if you have to go this year and can't be convinced otherwise, send a loci, include information about your new higher grades, do not include information about research for your book.

thewaitinggame

New

Post by thewaitinggame » Fri May 14, 2010 2:41 pm

Thanks for everyones advice... Ive already taken a year off to take care of family (kinda why the GPA was low in the first place) but know that everything is in place I feel like next year is the best year for me to go ahead and start

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”