HELP! Rutgers vs. Seton Hall Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rutgers-Newark vs. Seton Hall

Rutgers-Newark
94%
Seton Hall
6%

Total votes: 16

USC_LAX_D

New

HELP! Rutgers vs. Seton Hall

Post by USC_LAX_D » Thu May 13, 2010 8:15 pm

Can't decided between Rutgers-Newark and Seton Hall (accepted to both evening programs)

Seton Hall has the stronger academics (ranked #72 vs. Rutgers-Newark at #80 [and declining]) but a much higher tuition ($32,430 vs. $18,000 [in-state]).

The question is this: is Seton Hall "worth" the higher tuition. Any advice?

tesoro

Bronze

Re: HELP! Rutgers vs. Seton Hall

Post by tesoro » Thu May 13, 2010 9:03 pm

USC_LAX_D wrote:Can't decided between Rutgers-Newark and Seton Hall (accepted to both evening programs)

Seton Hall has the stronger academics (ranked #72 vs. Rutgers-Newark at #80 [and declining]) but a much higher tuition ($32,430 vs. $18,000 [in-state]).

Rutgers is equally regarded. Go to Rutgers-Newark. Seriously.

#72 = #80. They're both under the umbrella of tier 2 school.

Blindmelon

Gold

Post by Blindmelon » Thu May 13, 2010 9:05 pm

RU > SH and its cheaper. This is a duh kind of question.

jasonac21

New

Post by jasonac21 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:24 pm

Rutgers, but where did you get that tuition number? Isn't it closer to 24,000 for instate or are you including scholorship?

reverendt

Bronze

Post by reverendt » Thu May 13, 2010 9:31 pm

What everybody else said. 8 spots in rankings means nothing outside of the top 25 or so.
Prospects out of both schools are very comparable. Go to the one that's cheaper.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

USC_LAX_D

New

Post by USC_LAX_D » Thu May 13, 2010 10:28 pm

jasonac21 wrote:re did you get that tuition number? Isn't it closer to 24,000 for instate or are you including scholorship?
This is the part-time cost estimate; Rutgers will actually be less with scholarships, financial aid and a small tuition reimbursement program from work. Seton Hall has not offered any scholarships as of yet (not counting on one at this point.)

Thanks for the feedback everyone.The tuition/ranking analysis obviously makes Rutgers-Newark an easy choice. My concern regards the unquantifiable factors, such as the strength of the alumni networks and/or the confidence that top New Jersey law firms place in the graduates of each school. In my visits to each school Seton Hall came off as much more rigorous, and I wonder if the labor market values this significantly in the hiring process.

Does anyone know currently enrolled students at either? Should I even be considering Seton Hall, or should be consider it fortunate that Rutgers-Newark accepted me?

Thanks all!

renee15

New

Post by renee15 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:06 pm

USC_LAX_D wrote:
jasonac21 wrote:re did you get that tuition number? Isn't it closer to 24,000 for instate or are you including scholorship?

Does anyone know currently enrolled students at either? Should I even be considering Seton Hall, or should be consider it fortunate that Rutgers-Newark accepted me?

Thanks all!
don't do it...Go to RU-N...seriously...easy choice.

Sias

Bronze

Post by Sias » Fri May 14, 2010 3:10 pm

USC_LAX_D wrote:Can't decided between Rutgers-Newark and Seton Hall (accepted to both evening programs)

SH is the same prospects/prestige for more money. Obvious choice is Rutgers.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”