HELP! Rutgers vs. Seton Hall

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rutgers-Newark vs. Seton Hall

Rutgers-Newark
94%
Seton Hall
6%

Total votes: 16

USC_LAX_D

HELP! Rutgers vs. Seton Hall

Postby USC_LAX_D » Thu May 13, 2010 8:15 pm

Can't decided between Rutgers-Newark and Seton Hall (accepted to both evening programs)

Seton Hall has the stronger academics (ranked #72 vs. Rutgers-Newark at #80 [and declining]) but a much higher tuition ($32,430 vs. $18,000 [in-state]).

The question is this: is Seton Hall "worth" the higher tuition. Any advice?

tesoro

Re: HELP! Rutgers vs. Seton Hall

Postby tesoro » Thu May 13, 2010 9:03 pm

USC_LAX_D wrote:Can't decided between Rutgers-Newark and Seton Hall (accepted to both evening programs)

Seton Hall has the stronger academics (ranked #72 vs. Rutgers-Newark at #80 [and declining]) but a much higher tuition ($32,430 vs. $18,000 [in-state]).

Rutgers is equally regarded. Go to Rutgers-Newark. Seriously.

#72 = #80. They're both under the umbrella of tier 2 school.

Blindmelon

Postby Blindmelon » Thu May 13, 2010 9:05 pm

RU > SH and its cheaper. This is a duh kind of question.

jasonac21

Postby jasonac21 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:24 pm

Rutgers, but where did you get that tuition number? Isn't it closer to 24,000 for instate or are you including scholorship?

reverendt

Postby reverendt » Thu May 13, 2010 9:31 pm

What everybody else said. 8 spots in rankings means nothing outside of the top 25 or so.
Prospects out of both schools are very comparable. Go to the one that's cheaper.

USC_LAX_D

Postby USC_LAX_D » Thu May 13, 2010 10:28 pm

jasonac21 wrote:re did you get that tuition number? Isn't it closer to 24,000 for instate or are you including scholorship?

This is the part-time cost estimate; Rutgers will actually be less with scholarships, financial aid and a small tuition reimbursement program from work. Seton Hall has not offered any scholarships as of yet (not counting on one at this point.)

Thanks for the feedback everyone.The tuition/ranking analysis obviously makes Rutgers-Newark an easy choice. My concern regards the unquantifiable factors, such as the strength of the alumni networks and/or the confidence that top New Jersey law firms place in the graduates of each school. In my visits to each school Seton Hall came off as much more rigorous, and I wonder if the labor market values this significantly in the hiring process.

Does anyone know currently enrolled students at either? Should I even be considering Seton Hall, or should be consider it fortunate that Rutgers-Newark accepted me?

Thanks all!

renee15

Postby renee15 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:06 pm

USC_LAX_D wrote:
jasonac21 wrote:re did you get that tuition number? Isn't it closer to 24,000 for instate or are you including scholorship?

Does anyone know currently enrolled students at either? Should I even be considering Seton Hall, or should be consider it fortunate that Rutgers-Newark accepted me?

Thanks all!

don't do it...Go to RU-N...seriously...easy choice.

Sias

Postby Sias » Fri May 14, 2010 3:10 pm

USC_LAX_D wrote:Can't decided between Rutgers-Newark and Seton Hall (accepted to both evening programs)

SH is the same prospects/prestige for more money. Obvious choice is Rutgers.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”