Sigh, I'm notifying Cornell that I want to be on their reserve list. I also want to tell them that if they admit me, I would go. This statement was true until I found out that Columbia reserved me--I expected an outright rejection after Harvard, Yale, Stanford, NYU, etc., did. Even though the probability of being admitted into the other three schools is low as NayBoer pointed out, I would hate to tell Cornell that I'd go there only be accepted into Columbia. I'm not expecting to get off of either Boalt's or Michigan's waiting lists--although Michigan's list isn't ranked, Berkeley placed me in the 2nd quartile, and I'm using that to gauge where I may be at for Michigan as well.
Also if I told Cornell that I'd go if they admitted me, that would screw any scholarship haggling I could do. I was offered a $54k scholarship by USC I was hoping to use as leverage if I didn't go to USC. FML!