Housing deposit + financial aid?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
examplepdf

Housing deposit + financial aid?

Postby examplepdf » Tue May 11, 2010 3:36 pm

I have to put down around $2000 to secure my university housing for next year. After taxes, that's over month's salary (almost half of which I usually spend on my *current* rent). This is going to be really tough for me even if I get my parents to help. I heard some schools help offset these kinds of expenses that occur before you get your aid package but can't find anything on it after some preliminary searching.

I'm going to email the school but wanted to see if anyone had experience with this first.

Re: Housing deposit + financial aid?

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:22 pm

examplepdf wrote:I have to put down around $2000 to secure my university housing for next year. After taxes, that's over month's salary (almost half of which I usually spend on my *current* rent). This is going to be really tough for me even if I get my parents to help. I heard some schools help offset these kinds of expenses that occur before you get your aid package but can't find anything on it after some preliminary searching.

I'm going to email the school but wanted to see if anyone had experience with this first.

Each school is different so without knowing which school, no one can help.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”