2010 Cycle: Expectations vs. Reality

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Re: 2010 Cycle: Expectations vs. Reality

Postby Grizz » Sun May 23, 2010 5:33 pm

romothesavior wrote:Wow Radlaw, I see you post on here all the time and enjoy your posts... but I didn't realize we are numbers twins! 168/3.75 here as well. The only schools we applied to in common were Duke (reject for me... only one of the cycle, so it stung) and Vanderbilt (with 60k).

Good luck at Vandy.

Romo my man, right back at you. I also had no idea we were numbers twins haha, and middle class kids coming straight from undergrad (though I'm half-Azn).

I was disappointed when I heard you wouldn't be going to Vandy, but best of luck at Woostle man, you sound like you're gonna enjoy it.

Postby Lurkster » Sun May 23, 2010 5:43 pm

Applied to GULC/Penn(ed) mid Nov
Cornell early Jan
UVA late Jan
Duke/Columbia early Feb

Expectations - In @ GULC or Penn, WL pretty much everywhere else
Reality - WL @ GULC and Penn, out everywhere else

Postby keg411 » Sun May 23, 2010 5:46 pm

bk1 wrote:
keg411 wrote:No idea... but I personally don't think it's worth it to "risk" without a significant change (i.e. another LSAT).

Yeah, basically what I was getting at was the thought as to whether applying much earlier (i.e. when apps come out as opposed to at deadline) is a significant change in this regard.

I don't know. There are probably factors beyond your control that would go into that (i.e. if the same person reads your application again, if there was a LOR problem you were unaware of and didn't change, the applicant pool as a whole, etc.). It probably also depends a lot on the strength of your application in general (ie. a 172/3.9 who applies at the deadline could probably re-apply with no significant changes; whereas it may be different for candidates that have an application weakness that just applying early may not help).

Postby tru » Tue May 25, 2010 3:28 pm

I had the most predictable cycle evaaar, except for maybe NU, but who cares about them.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”