Rejection from the waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
koehn2

Rejection from the waitlist

Postby koehn2 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:05 pm

I have been on the wait-list for a school for the summer start program. My status checker just changed to decision letter sent 5/4. Will schools reject wait-list candidates before school starts? I guess I am wondering if they will slowly weed out wait-list to only a few in case someone drops out last minute or if this decision letter means that I am in? Not really sure what to make of it. Does anyone know how exactly all of this works? Sorry, I am not a patient person by nature and these wait-lists are making me crazy.

jks289

Re: Rejection from the waitlist

Postby jks289 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:08 pm

koehn2 wrote:I have been on the wait-list for a school for the summer start program. My status checker just changed to decision letter sent 5/4. Will schools reject wait-list candidates before school starts? I guess I am wondering if they will slowly weed out wait-list to only a few in case someone drops out last minute or if this decision letter means that I am in? Not really sure what to make of it. Does anyone know how exactly all of this works? Sorry, I am not a patient person by nature and these wait-lists are making me crazy.

Can you call the school? Most will give you a decision over the phone if you ask for it. But the short answer is yes, school often reject waitlist candidates before school starts. They reject WL people as soon as they have information about the yield on acceptances. Don't obsess or convince yourself either way. Call and if they don't tell you, take comfort in knowing you will know one way or another very shortly.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue May 04, 2010 2:10 pm

koehn2 wrote:I have been on the wait-list for a school for the summer start program. My status checker just changed to decision letter sent 5/4. Will schools reject wait-list candidates before school starts? I guess I am wondering if they will slowly weed out wait-list to only a few in case someone drops out last minute or if this decision letter means that I am in? Not really sure what to make of it. Does anyone know how exactly all of this works? Sorry, I am not a patient person by nature and these wait-lists are making me crazy.

Is this Michigan?

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:12 pm

romothesavior wrote:

Is this Michigan?

If it is, just try to log into the admitted students page. If it lets you in, you got in, if it gives you the error message sounds like a ding.

koehn2

Postby koehn2 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:14 pm

Yeah kind of what I thought. I was just sure I would be held out for the duration because it is my alma mater where I am graduating at in a few weeks. I figured they would be more sure that I would be able to attend at the last minute than others who live cross country. Who knows. The status checker says they can't give decisions over the phone or by email, but I still might try to see what they say since it is the waitlist and school starts in a few weeks.

No it isn't Michigan.

koehn2

Postby koehn2 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:16 pm

jks289 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

Is this Michigan?

If it is, just try to log into the admitted students page. If it lets you in, you got in, if it gives you the error message sounds like a ding.

There isn't a log in for the admitted students page.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”