Vandy Wait List

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
elm84dr
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:08 pm

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby elm84dr » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:27 am

I'm a black/Latino male....hopefully it helps me out.

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby JOThompson » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:01 am

krj02004 wrote:
lawyerlover wrote:
krj02004 wrote:Withdrawing today with a $30k scholarship.... hope one of you gets it! Good luck :D


out of curiousity are you a URM, M/F just wondering who they might be looking for in trying to replace you



Yup... and female. Hope that's good news to you.

Interestingly, the school does consider gender balance when compiling its incoming class. I didn't quite realize that until I visited and spoke with an admissions officer.

krj02004
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby krj02004 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:44 am

.

User avatar
smartblonde87
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby smartblonde87 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:23 pm

No new pulls from the wait list?

primusux
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby primusux » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:30 pm

smartblonde87 wrote:No new pulls from the wait list?


Nothin here :(
Where are you heading if there's no love from Vandy? I also just realized I never responded to your PM a while back...sorry, and thanks for filling me in!

yzrcr701
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 12:33 am

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby yzrcr701 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:31 pm

primusux wrote:
smartblonde87 wrote:No new pulls from the wait list?


Nothin here :(

nothin' here either- a little surprising- I expected a little movement..

Integrity
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:14 am

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby Integrity » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:20 pm

I hope we all receive some very good news soon! :)

(The wait is brutal!)

elm84dr
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:08 pm

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby elm84dr » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:01 pm

This wait is killing me right now....

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby robin600 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:29 am

It's my birthday, hoping for a WL->Accept today (and some for all of you too!!!). Give me a headcount for all on TLS hoping to get into Vandy so I can blow out that many candles lol!

peeker82
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby peeker82 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:52 am

count me in!!

User avatar
smartblonde87
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby smartblonde87 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:56 pm

me too :)

Integrity
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:14 am

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby Integrity » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:01 pm

It's so quiet on the Vandy wait list front...!

jtravis
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:41 pm

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby jtravis » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Has anyone heard anything regarding any movement? Are they expecting any slots? Is it a random draw? So many questions, I know.

Integrity
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:14 am

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby Integrity » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:06 pm

jtravis wrote:Has anyone heard anything regarding any movement? Are they expecting any slots? Is it a random draw? So many questions, I know.


Good questions! I remember in that e-mail it indicated it is possible spots will become available in July and August (if past admissions cycles are a predictive indicator). The e-mail also expressed that seats may open up occasionally throughout June. At this point, I think it's on a case-by-case basis-- as in a desposited candidate withdraws and is replaced by a similar waitlisted hopeful.

In the meantime, I am so frustrated! I really want to go to Vandy!

User avatar
smartblonde87
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby smartblonde87 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:08 pm

I think silence is part of their strategy. It's going to unnerve some of the waiters into defeat.

TLSers, don't jump until you see the whites of their eyes!!!

Integrity
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:14 am

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby Integrity » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:15 pm

smartblonde87 wrote:I think silence is part of their strategy. It's going to unnerve some of the waiters into defeat.

TLSers, don't jump until you see the whites of their eyes!!!


I like your attitude! It is just so hard to wait because I truly want to go and am not fully satisfied with my current law school. Each day that passes by I grow more and more frustrated while balancing some semblance of hope! :oops:

User avatar
TheBigMediocre
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby TheBigMediocre » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:03 pm

Just got the call, I'm in. Have until Friday to decide.

User avatar
luhrenzo
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:11 pm

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby luhrenzo » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:05 pm

TheBigMediocre wrote:Just got the call, I'm in. Have until Friday to decide.


i say this with an immense amount of envy, congratulations!

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby robin600 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:31 pm

TheBigMediocre wrote:Just got the call, I'm in. Have until Friday to decide.

Congrars! Do you think you will take the offer?

User avatar
TheBigMediocre
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby TheBigMediocre » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:47 pm

robin600 wrote:
TheBigMediocre wrote:Just got the call, I'm in. Have until Friday to decide.

Congrars! Do you think you will take the offer?


No clue. I need to look at my finances, have a serious talk with my family, and have a serious talk with my girlfriend.

Integrity
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:14 am

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby Integrity » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:05 pm

Congratulations to you!

Looks like the past few acceptances have been high LSATs. Any advice to other waitlisters regarding strategies that you think may have made the difference?

User avatar
TheBigMediocre
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby TheBigMediocre » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:09 pm

Integrity wrote:Congratulations to you!

Looks like the past few acceptances have been high LSATs. Any advice to other waitlisters regarding strategies that you think may have made the difference?


Hm, I'm not sure of what a wait lister could do now, but...

I interviewed, visited, wrote 2 LOCIs, and I think that my UG pre-law adviser (who has a good relationship with Vandy Admissions) talked me up. Additionally, my low GPA comes from 2 years of engineering. I've had a 3.7 since I switched to accounting in a t-20 business school.

Integrity
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:14 am

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby Integrity » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:33 pm

TheBigMediocre wrote:
Integrity wrote:Congratulations to you!

Looks like the past few acceptances have been high LSATs. Any advice to other waitlisters regarding strategies that you think may have made the difference?


Hm, I'm not sure of what a wait lister could do now, but...

I interviewed, visited, wrote 2 LOCIs, and I think that my UG pre-law adviser (who has a good relationship with Vandy Admissions) talked me up. Additionally, my low GPA comes from 2 years of engineering. I've had a 3.7 since I switched to accounting in a t-20 business school.


I have done everything except for visit in person (and that is because I sadly do not have the finances). I am a 4.0/158 candidate, and I have taken the LSAT three times. Without divulging too much about my efforts (who knows who lurks these forums!), I have really gone above and beyond. But I am concerned that the 158 may be my downfall. They are most certainly aware of my strong interest, but I am not sure if they are confident enough with their LSAT median enough to throw in my score. Thoughts?

User avatar
TheBigMediocre
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby TheBigMediocre » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:55 pm

Integrity wrote:
TheBigMediocre wrote:
Integrity wrote:Congratulations to you!

Looks like the past few acceptances have been high LSATs. Any advice to other waitlisters regarding strategies that you think may have made the difference?


Hm, I'm not sure of what a wait lister could do now, but...

I interviewed, visited, wrote 2 LOCIs, and I think that my UG pre-law adviser (who has a good relationship with Vandy Admissions) talked me up. Additionally, my low GPA comes from 2 years of engineering. I've had a 3.7 since I switched to accounting in a t-20 business school.


I have done everything except for visit in person (and that is because I sadly do not have the finances). I am a 4.0/158 candidate, and I have taken the LSAT three times. Without divulging too much about my efforts (who knows who lurks these forums!), I have really gone above and beyond. But I am concerned that the 158 may be my downfall. They are most certainly aware of my strong interest, but I am not sure if they are confident enough with their LSAT median enough to throw in my score. Thoughts?


It sounds like you've done everything you can then. Even with a 4.0, that 158 is a huge hurdle to overcome especially if you are not a URM. I think the best you can do is hope that a few high LSAT splitters get picked up and then there is a need for a high GPA WL accept to raise the median.

User avatar
Matteliszt
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby Matteliszt » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:28 pm

My deepest congratulations TheBigMedicore. I am glad someone from our crew has made it thus far :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”