Vandy Wait List

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Integrity

Re: Vandy Wait List

Postby Integrity » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:04 pm

SilverE2 wrote:I got an e-mail response with the call/email line. I don't think it really means anything considering the number of people who received it.

:(

Well, at least we were not a part of the wait list trimming, I suppose...

I WANT IN SO FREAKING BAD!!!!!! :!:

jrobby6

Postby jrobby6 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:06 pm

I wonder how many people Vandy trimmed and how many are on the wait list currently. For them to keep us on the wait list has to say something about the predicted number of spots that may be available soon.

Integrity

Postby Integrity » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:14 pm

jrobby6 wrote:I wonder how many people Vandy trimmed and how many are on the wait list currently. For them to keep us on the wait list has to say something about the predicted number of spots that may be available soon.

Unfortunately, Vandy trimmed the poster who could provide us with an educated guess. :(

smartblonde87

Postby smartblonde87 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:14 pm

Integrity wrote:
jrobby6 wrote:I wonder how many people Vandy trimmed and how many are on the wait list currently. For them to keep us on the wait list has to say something about the predicted number of spots that may be available soon.

Unfortunately, Vandy trimmed the poster who could provide us with an educated guess. :(

very true. unfortunately. :(

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:22 pm

Integrity wrote:

Oh my God, maybe Vandy is watching...our...every...move. Don't act like you know too much, or you may be next.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:45 pm

SilverE2 wrote:
Integrity wrote:

Oh my God, maybe Vandy is watching...our...every...move. Don't act like you know too much, or you may be next.

lol-love it.

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:15 am

smartblonde87

Postby smartblonde87 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:18 pm

Matteliszt wrote:

You figured them out! They can't handle your mastermind to challenge their nebulous admissions process. Be proud!!!!!!!!!

smartblonde87

Postby smartblonde87 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:43 pm

I called Vandy - they said gmail ate my email. :( Hopefully they can resend it!

UPDATE: Rec'd email and got the update... I'm still hanging on guys!

yzrcr701

Postby yzrcr701 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:13 pm

smartblonde87 wrote:I called Vandy - they said gmail ate my email. :( Hopefully they can resend it!

UPDATE: Rec'd email and got the update... I'm still hanging on guys!

Congrats!! good to hear!

tram988

Postby tram988 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:49 pm

withdrew from the waitlist today! good luck guys.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:59 pm

tram988 wrote:withdrew from the waitlist today! good luck guys.

I call it!

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:37 pm

I also have withdrawn from the WL. It was just too clear that I'd not be able to go anyway.

Hope all you faithful get in.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:39 pm

ozarkhack wrote:I also have withdrawn from the WL. It was just too clear that I'd not be able to go anyway.

Hope all you faithful get in.

Good luck at Davis! I just got my scholarship increased at WUSTL (for a second time), so I'm really debating withdrawing from Vandy's wait list. I will let you guys know when I come to a decision!

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:15 am

robin600 wrote:I just got my scholarship increased at WUSTL (for a second time), so I'm really debating withdrawing from Vandy's wait list. I will let you guys know when I come to a decision!

Congrats, robin. Fighting the waitlist and then getting a scholarship. That's quite an accomplishment. How much have they offered you?

elm84dr

Postby elm84dr » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:05 am

Any more updates, I want in...BAD.

smartblonde87

Postby smartblonde87 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:46 am

nothing new yet for me! anticipating some sort of rush after the 15th for us "waiters"

prelaw10

Postby prelaw10 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:14 pm

Would wait listers still qualify for financial aid? Or should we expect to pay sticker?

Integrity

Postby Integrity » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:18 pm

prelaw10 wrote:Would wait listers still qualify for financial aid? Or should we expect to pay sticker?

Are you referring to need-based aid? I would presume we will pay sticker if Vandy magnanimously lifts us off the wait list. However, I hope there are some funds available as the school is lavishly priced.

TheBigMediocre

Postby TheBigMediocre » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:25 pm

Integrity wrote:
prelaw10 wrote:Would wait listers still qualify for financial aid? Or should we expect to pay sticker?

Are you referring to need-based aid? I would presume we will pay sticker if Vandy magnanimously lifts us off the wait list. However, I hope there are some funds available as the school is lavishly priced.

Christina Williams already e-mailed a lot of waitlisters about this. She said no scholarship money was available and expect to be paying sticker if you get tapped. You will be able to get federal loans, but don't expect anything you won't have to pay back.

Integrity

Postby Integrity » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:31 pm

TheBigMediocre wrote:
Integrity wrote:

Christina Williams already e-mailed a lot of waitlisters about this. She said no scholarship money was available and expect to be paying sticker if you get tapped. You will be able to get federal loans, but don't expect anything you won't have to pay back.

This is (unfortunately) what I presumed, though I am not one of the waitlisters who received that e-mail. Are you able to take out more loans than what they allocate for COL? Nashville is kind of expensive...

TheBigMediocre

Postby TheBigMediocre » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:43 pm

Integrity wrote:
TheBigMediocre wrote:
Integrity wrote:

This is (unfortunately) what I presumed, though I am not one of the waitlisters who received that e-mail. Are you able to take out more loans than what they allocate for COL? Nashville is kind of expensive...

If I recall correctly, VULS reported their tuition + COL at a level that lets you take out the maximum in federal loans. Anything more and you're going to have to go private.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:25 pm

JOThompson wrote:
robin600 wrote:I just got my scholarship increased at WUSTL (for a second time), so I'm really debating withdrawing from Vandy's wait list. I will let you guys know when I come to a decision!

Congrats, robin. Fighting the waitlist and then getting a scholarship. That's quite an accomplishment. How much have they offered you?

Thanks JO, pmed you.

luhrenzo

Postby luhrenzo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:47 pm

Are you referring to need-based aid? I would presume we will pay sticker if Vandy magnanimously lifts us off the wait list. However, I hope there are some funds available as the school is lavishly priced.[/quote]

Christina Williams already e-mailed a lot of waitlisters about this. She said no scholarship money was available and expect to be paying sticker if you get tapped. You will be able to get federal loans, but don't expect anything you won't have to pay back.[/quote]

This is (unfortunately) what I presumed, though I am not one of the waitlisters who received that e-mail. Are you able to take out more loans than what they allocate for COL? Nashville is kind of expensive...[/quote]

If I recall correctly, VULS reported their tuition + COL at a level that lets you take out the maximum in federal loans. Anything more and you're going to have to go private.[/quote]

I don't think fed loans (stanford sub & unsub) will cover COA. Chances are you'll need a gradplus loan in addition. Im sure there's a thread with better info than me but I think gradplus is a private loan federally insured. gradplus are common so I wouldn't worry about it.

You cannot receive ed loans in excess of the COA. You would need to take out a private non-ed specific loan which will come with a higher interest rate.

TheBigMediocre

Postby TheBigMediocre » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:52 pm

yea sorry I just lump gradplus in with the staffords since they're federally backed.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”