Vandy Wait List Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
smartblonde87

Bronze

Re: Vandy Wait List

Post by smartblonde87 » Thu May 20, 2010 5:22 pm

rad law wrote:
robin600 wrote:So I just visited Nashville and talked with the Admissions Director and he told me the class is full right now (they have enough offer accepts), and spots will only open up when people drop their accepted offers. Sorry! :(
Probably not taking into account double deposits.
Do you know if they have a second deposit or are we just waiting it out for June 15th?

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu May 20, 2010 6:18 pm

smartblonde87 wrote:
rad law wrote:
robin600 wrote:So I just visited Nashville and talked with the Admissions Director and he told me the class is full right now (they have enough offer accepts), and spots will only open up when people drop their accepted offers. Sorry! :(
Do you know if they have a second deposit or are we just waiting it out for June 15th?
Just one deposit.

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Thu May 20, 2010 7:13 pm

What's June 15th?

smartblonde87

Bronze

Post by smartblonde87 » Fri May 21, 2010 11:09 am

primusux wrote:What's June 15th?
That is when LSAC makes our deposits known to the law schools we've chosen. So, if we are deposited at more than one place, the schools will know it on June 15th. Decisions are usually finalized before then to avoid looking uncommitted.

Matteliszt

Silver

Post by Matteliszt » Fri May 21, 2010 4:32 pm

No new news today, just a reject.

VANDY STATS as of 5/21/10
Accepted Attending - 11
Accepted No Action - 76
Accepted withdrawn - 121
Wait List – 120

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Fri May 21, 2010 5:33 pm

smartblonde87 wrote:
That is when LSAC makes our deposits known to the law schools we've chosen. So, if we are deposited at more than one place, the schools will know it on June 15th. Decisions are usually finalized before then to avoid looking uncommitted.
With the games schools play in the admit process (in general, not vandy specific) does it really matter if you are multi committed on the 15th?

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Fri May 21, 2010 10:32 pm

primusux wrote:
smartblonde87 wrote:
With the games schools play in the admit process (in general, not vandy specific) does it really matter if you are multi committed on the 15th?
I know of one T20 that will revoke offers if applicants are double deposited past June 15th. Ask your schools if you're in doubt, just be careful.

Matteliszt

Silver

Post by Matteliszt » Sat May 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Nothing new today, just people getting rejected.

VANDY STATS as of 5/22/10
Accepted Attending - 11
Accepted No Action - 76
Accepted withdrawn - 121
Wait List – 120

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:13 pm

Matteliszt wrote:
So I just visited Nashville and talked with the Admissions Director and he told me the class is full right now (they have enough offer accepts), and spots will only open up when people drop their accepted offers. Sorry! :(

What exactly did they say? How did you get to speak with anyone from Admissions?
I went and visited with the Associate Director of Admissions. Called and asked to meet personally and he agreed. I asked him if there would possibly be any movement from the wait list, he said directly "We have no room in the class right now to even look at or consider anyone from the wait list. If enough people who have accepted their offers revoke, we will then look at the wait list. If this happens it will probably be late June or early July at the earliest." I was bummed because I liked Vandy :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:14 pm

rad law wrote:
This is very true, more spots will probably open up once scholarships get re-allocated and people pull double deposits.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Sat May 22, 2010 10:38 pm

Number of waitlists probably went up by one because I just realized today my account wasn't verified

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Sun May 23, 2010 12:18 pm

robin600 wrote:
Matteliszt wrote:
So I just visited Nashville and talked with the Admissions Director and he told me the class is full right now (they have enough offer accepts), and spots will only open up when people drop their accepted offers. Sorry! :(

What exactly did they say? How did you get to speak with anyone from Admissions?
I went and visited with the Associate Director of Admissions. Called and asked to meet personally and he agreed. I asked him if there would possibly be any movement from the wait list, he said directly "We have no room in the class right now to even look at or consider anyone from the wait list. If enough people who have accepted their offers revoke, we will then look at the wait list. If this happens it will probably be late June or early July at the earliest." I was bummed because I liked Vandy :(
I didn't realize you were accepted off the WUSTL waitlist. I hope you receive favorable news from Vandy, but if not, congrats on WUSTL!

Matteliszt

Silver

Post by Matteliszt » Sun May 23, 2010 5:08 pm

Nothing new today, maybe we will see some movement soon.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

yzrcr701

New

Post by yzrcr701 » Sun May 23, 2010 10:04 pm

Matteliszt wrote:Nothing new today, maybe we will see some movement soon.
I hate to ask this but if you don't mind sharring or rather pm me- where are you guy going if Vandy doesn't work out?

smartblonde87

Bronze

Post by smartblonde87 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:21 pm

JOThompson wrote:
robin600 wrote:
Matteliszt wrote:

I didn't realize you were accepted off the WUSTL waitlist. I hope you receive favorable news from Vandy, but if not, congrats on WUSTL!
+1

Matteliszt

Silver

Post by Matteliszt » Mon May 24, 2010 3:34 pm

One wait list withdraw today, our pal najumobi.

VANDY STATS as of 5/24/10
Accepted Attending - 11
Accepted No Action - 76
Accepted withdrawn - 121
Wait List – 119

TheBigMediocre

Silver

Post by TheBigMediocre » Mon May 24, 2010 3:54 pm

I'm either going to update Vanderbilt on my 3.95 this past semester and a fairly prestigious university recognition...or withdraw.

Probably withdraw. Someone convince me either way.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lawyerlover

Bronze

Post by lawyerlover » Mon May 24, 2010 3:59 pm

TheBigMediocre wrote:I'm either going to update Vanderbilt on my 3.95 this past semester and a fairly prestigious university recognition...or withdraw.

where are you going if you don't wait it out?

TheBigMediocre

Silver

Post by TheBigMediocre » Mon May 24, 2010 4:01 pm

lawyerlover wrote:
TheBigMediocre wrote:I'm either going to update Vanderbilt on my 3.95 this past semester and a fairly prestigious university recognition...or withdraw.

UGA with a fair chunk of change.

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Mon May 24, 2010 4:01 pm

--ImageRemoved--

You don't need to submit this information to Vandy. This is not the school you're looking for. You can go about your business. Move along.

And yes...that is two obi-wan pics on TLS in one day. He's just so versatile.

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Mon May 24, 2010 4:07 pm

primusux wrote:And yes...that is two obi-wan pics on TLS in one day. He's just so versatile.
Saw 'em both, loved 'em both.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Mon May 24, 2010 4:08 pm

TheBigMediocre wrote:
lawyerlover wrote:

UGA with a fair chunk of change.
--ImageRemoved--

sp63

New

Post by sp63 » Mon May 24, 2010 5:17 pm

Just to let you know, there has been some movement. I just got a call from Christina Williams in Admissions offering me a spot in the incoming class!

So hang in there, everyone! They are evaluating waitlisted candidates!

lawapps0502

Bronze

Post by lawapps0502 » Mon May 24, 2010 5:18 pm

sp63 wrote:Just to let you know, there has been some movement. I just got a call from Christina Williams in Admissions offering me a spot in the incoming class!

congrats! where will you be withdrawing from?

Rawlsian

Bronze

Post by Rawlsian » Mon May 24, 2010 5:18 pm

sp63 wrote:Just to let you know, there has been some movement. I just got a call from Christina Williams in Admissions offering me a spot in the incoming class!

Congrats! Did you accept?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”