Way late to the party

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
scionb4

Way late to the party

Postby scionb4 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:29 pm

So, I've sent in my deposit to Case Western having been offered a nice scholarship, and am looking for apartments near the campus. Its not the greatest law school on Earth, but hey, with most of the Pre-Law students I'm friends with staying right here in Valpo for law, I'm pretty excited. I've all but given up on the other schools at this stage of the game. And then, out of nowhere, after being complete since LAST DECEMBER, I get an acceptance letter from IUIndy. I can't help but be reminded of this classic plot device in a lot of movies I've seen - the main character has a massive crush on a beautiful, unattainable person. Throughout the course of the film, they start to realize that a plainer person with a big heart would be a better fit for them. They finally get together with that person, and then, at the end of the movie the hotter person wants them because they have accomplished something so wonderful that they are now desirable. It happened in October Sky, Legally Blonde, American Pie II, etc. Well, this is metaphorically what happened to me, only the law school I ended up "with" is a lot "hotter" than the one that showed up a day late and a dollar short. It'd be like the main character realizing that Nadia is his true love instead of the wacky band camp chick at the end of American Pie II. Lucky me.

Anybody else have a law school that showed up late to the party? I'm guessing IUIndy will be a common answer considering they are just now sending out acceptances . . . apparently.

romothesavior

Re: Way late to the party

Postby romothesavior » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:40 pm

scionb4 wrote:So, I've sent in my deposit to Case Western having been offered a nice scholarship, and am looking for apartments near the campus. Its not the greatest law school on Earth, but hey, with most of the Pre-Law students I'm friends with staying right here in Valpo for law, I'm pretty excited. I've all but given up on the other schools at this stage of the game. And then, out of nowhere, after being complete since LAST DECEMBER, I get an acceptance letter from IUIndy. I can't help but be reminded of this classic plot device in a lot of movies I've seen - the main character has a massive crush on a beautiful, unattainable person. Throughout the course of the film, they start to realize that a plainer person with a big heart would be a better fit for them. They finally get together with that person, and then, at the end of the movie the hotter person wants them because they have accomplished something so wonderful that they are now desirable. It happened in October Sky, Legally Blonde, American Pie II, etc. Well, this is metaphorically what happened to me, only the law school I ended up "with" is a lot "hotter" than the one that showed up a day late and a dollar short. It'd be like the main character realizing that Nadia is his true love instead of the wacky band camp chick at the end of American Pie II. Lucky me.
Anybody else have a law school that showed up late to the party? I'm guessing IUIndy will be a common answer considering they are just now sending out acceptances . . . apparently.

I get what you're saying... but lulz.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”