Waitlisted @ Rutgers Newark

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rocker1487

Waitlisted @ Rutgers Newark

Postby rocker1487 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:11 pm

Hello Everyone..

I was wondering if anyone could help shed some light on how to best go about getting off a waitlist. I know there's no guarantee but at least trying can't hurt. Just got the email today that I was waitlisted @ Rutgers Newark. I'm a Hispanic URM, 3.17 LSAC GPA, 147 LSAT (I know it sucks), however I put together a very impressive application package and my only downfall was the LSAT. Rutgers is my #1 choice, and I would most definitely attend if accepted. Is a LOCI the best way to go when it comes to waitlists? I do recall and have the contact info for a professor @ Rutgers that I met at an LSAC forum and was contemplating contacting him for suggestions. Any ideas? I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

rocker1487

Re: Waitlisted @ Rutgers Newark

Postby rocker1487 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:16 am

bump

Jerzeegirl

Postby Jerzeegirl » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:13 am

I'd guess sending a LOCI is a good start. If you know someone, it certainly couldn't hurt to reach out to them. Even if they can't get you in, they may have advice about what to do. Do you know when they start looking at the waitlist people? Did the first deposit date pass yet?

awonderful

Postby awonderful » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:03 pm

I would think you need to retake you lsat and bump it up at least 5 points. At a score of 147 it is not impossible for you to improve significantly. I understand that you applied as an URM, but there are many URM candidates that still have significantly higher Lsat scores. Really just work on improving your test score.

rocker1487

Postby rocker1487 » Sat May 01, 2010 10:23 pm

Jerzeegirl wrote:I'd guess sending a LOCI is a good start. If you know someone, it certainly couldn't hurt to reach out to them. Even if they can't get you in, they may have advice about what to do. Do you know when they start looking at the waitlist people? Did the first deposit date pass yet?

I am under the impression that the first seat deposit has passed, as many on here have stated it has. In addition, I believe that they have only one deposit deadline, and not more than one like some other schools. I wonder how difficult it is to get off a waitlist, any idea if they typically do accept students from the waitlist every cycle? This wait is going to torment me, I can tell already :/ I am contemplating a campus visit, at least they'll be able to put a face to a name.

rocker1487

Postby rocker1487 » Sat May 01, 2010 10:29 pm

awonderful wrote:I would think you need to retake you lsat and bump it up at least 5 points. At a score of 147 it is not impossible for you to improve significantly. I understand that you applied as an URM, but there are many URM candidates that still have significantly higher Lsat scores. Really just work on improving your test score.

If I don't get in off the waitlist I am considering retaking, even though I'm not really to fond of the idea. The LSAT is a pretty miserable way to spend 4 hours..

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”