What does "deferred" mean? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mcdad

New

What does "deferred" mean?

Post by mcdad » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:31 pm

I see a bold, capitalized D after the name of certain schools in LSN profiles. I know you can be deferred after applying EA or ED, and you can delay matriculation, but I'm not sure what it means in LSN.

PoorOrpheus

Bronze

Re: What does "deferred" mean?

Post by PoorOrpheus » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:35 pm

I think most people use it to signify deferral after applying EA/ED or being held.

luckyjd

Bronze

Post by luckyjd » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:47 pm

mcdad wrote:I see a bold, capitalized D after the name of certain schools in LSN profiles. I know you can be deferred after applying EA or ED, and you can delay matriculation, but I'm not sure what it means in LSN.
This means the individual has asked to defer admission (most likely for 1 year).

You Gotta Have Faith

Bronze

Post by You Gotta Have Faith » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:51 pm

luckyjd wrote:
mcdad wrote:I see a bold, capitalized D after the name of certain schools in LSN profiles. I know you can be deferred after applying EA or ED, and you can delay matriculation, but I'm not sure what it means in LSN.
This means the individual has asked to defer admission (most likely for 1 year).
What lucky said ^. Or, it sometimes means that the school will admit you on the condition that you wait one year before attending. It's better than a wait list or denial, but not as good as getting admitted right away.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”