Tulane v Loyola Chicago

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Tulane v. Loyola Chicago for Chicago Employment

Tulane
50%
Loyola Chicago
50%

Total votes: 16

akmosee

Tulane v Loyola Chicago

Postby akmosee » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:10 pm

Trying to decide b/w Tulane and Loyola Chicago for best shot at Chicago firms...

jcunni5

Re: Tulane v Loyola Chicago

Postby jcunni5 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:17 pm

personally i think tulane is probably better for a job in general but LUC is better for chicago by far but i wouldn't expect big law outta there

thinkbig

Postby thinkbig » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:22 pm

Both are regional schools. Although Tulane is higher-ranked and probably has clout over a larger region than does Loyola, if you are sure you want to work in Chicago, then go to law school in Chicago.

Imo, unless you go to a prestigious school with a truly national reach (I don't know, T20?), you will be best served to go to school in the region in which you want to work.

Aberzombie1892

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:25 pm

jcunni5 wrote:personally i think tulane is probably better for a job in general but LUC is better for chicago by far but i wouldn't expect big law outta there

Basically.

thinkbig wrote:Both are regional schools. Although Tulane is higher-ranked and probably has clout over a larger region than does Loyola, if you are sure you want to work in Chicago, then go to law school in Chicago.

Imo, unless you go to a prestigious school with a truly national reach (I don't know, T20?), you will be best served to go to school in the region in which you want to work.

Something like that. If you want to work in IL, Loyola Chicago. Anywhere else and I would suggest Tulane.

Edit: If you have connections to Chicago, then Tulane over Loyola even in that situation.

thinkbig

Postby thinkbig » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:40 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Edit: If you have connections to Chicago, then Tulane over Loyola even in that situation.

+1. Word.

Not-A-Teabagger

Postby Not-A-Teabagger » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:53 pm

You will be shocked at how much you will fall in love with New Orleans, if you give it time. Why not try out a new city, and a law school that has a much better reputation nationally than Loyola, and see where life takes you. Your viewpoint on where you will want to work may change as you progress through law school, and Tulane gives you much more options geographically than Loyola.

P.S. post this in the respective forum. This is not the place...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”