Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Flanker1067
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby Flanker1067 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:51 pm

I can now join this group. This is my 10th waitlist of 14 apps. I have NYU, Penn, Mich, Virginia, NU, Cornell, Gtown, UCLA, USC and BU. Columbia is pending still but I can guess what it is :). Can anyone beat that?

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby beef wellington » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:28 pm

Why have they never emailed me to tell me I'm waitlisted? Can you imagine all the people who went hold -> WL that have no idea about the super secret status checker switch? (basically anyone who doesn't read TLS I'm guessing)

peeker82
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby peeker82 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:35 pm

hello everyone, joining the club.

Hold --> WL by NU's own stealth method of letter switcharoo...

letter dated 4/29

User avatar
electricfeel
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby electricfeel » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi! I'm in this too. I never did an interview. Was Waitlisted today. Do you guys think i should ask for an interview? I live in the South so flying all the way to Chicago will put a strain in my finances.

slenslee
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:13 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby slenslee » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:57 pm

to people staying on waitlist, are you sending an LOCI with your WL response form? the waitlist letter says 'you may wish to submit, via email, a statement that indicates your level of interest in Northwestern' I just sent an LOCI (#2 after my interview, i wrote the 1st right after hold decision in Feb) a week or two ago and am unsure whether to try to write another one (i feel like it'd be babbling cuz i have nothing new to write about) or just write a short email denoting how NW is my top choice and that I would sacrifice small animals for an offer of admission. Thoughts?

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby jks289 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:05 pm

Just got the waitlist email. So maybe they were just running behind. Or maybe they are reading this thread and matching us to our applications RIGHT NOW. :shock: (kidding)

peeker82
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby peeker82 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:10 pm

i wonder how they take the fact that they got my waitlist response form before they sent me the email...

dreaming
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby dreaming » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:12 pm

peeker82 wrote:i wonder how they take the fact that they got my waitlist response form before they sent me the email...


Did you get a response when you sent yours in?

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby beef wellington » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:14 pm

jks289 wrote:Just got the waitlist email. So maybe they were just running behind. Or maybe they are reading this thread and matching us to our applications RIGHT NOW. :shock: (kidding)

dude, i totally summoned that email

User avatar
DarkwingDick
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby DarkwingDick » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:18 pm

dreaming wrote:
peeker82 wrote:i wonder how they take the fact that they got my waitlist response form before they sent me the email...


Did you get a response when you sent yours in?


I did not.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby jks289 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:18 pm

beef wellington wrote:
jks289 wrote:Just got the waitlist email. So maybe they were just running behind. Or maybe they are reading this thread and matching us to our applications RIGHT NOW. :shock: (kidding)

dude, i totally summoned that email


The Power of Beef Wellington compels you to mass email the waitlist!!!!! :D

Now, tell them to let us in.

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby beef wellington » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:22 pm

jks289 wrote:
beef wellington wrote:
jks289 wrote:Just got the waitlist email. So maybe they were just running behind. Or maybe they are reading this thread and matching us to our applications RIGHT NOW. :shock: (kidding)

dude, i totally summoned that email


The Power of Beef Wellington compels you to mass email the waitlist!!!!! :D

Now, tell them to let us in.

That's the second time that's happened with me and NU.

Yo NU, let these good people in.

User avatar
electricfeel
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby electricfeel » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:26 pm

electricfeel wrote:Hi! I'm in this too. I never did an interview. Was Waitlisted today. Do you guys think i should ask for an interview? I live in the South so flying all the way to Chicago will put a strain in my finances.


+1

User avatar
windycity
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:58 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby windycity » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:28 pm

.
Last edited by windycity on Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DarkwingDick
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby DarkwingDick » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:38 pm

Every time I see BeefWellington's icon, I want to try it.

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby MirandaHobbes » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:57 pm

DarkwingDick wrote:Every time I see BeefWellington's icon, I want to try it.


whenever i see your tar, i sing darkwing's kickass theme song in my head.

User avatar
DarkwingDick
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby DarkwingDick » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:59 pm

I am the terror that steathily changes your decision letter without informing you...

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby MirandaHobbes » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:06 pm

DarkwingDick wrote:I am the terror that steathily changes your decision letter without informing you...


i'm ok with that. next time, though, can you make sure an acceptance is waiting on the other side of the click. :D

dreaming
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby dreaming » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:33 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:
DarkwingDick wrote:I am the terror that steathily changes your decision letter without informing you...


i'm ok with that. next time, though, can you make sure an acceptance is waiting on the other side of the click. :D


+1, but until then I'm sad. :cry:

dreaming
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby dreaming » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:17 am

Isn't it strange that they seem not to have rejected anyone from hold? I don't wish rejections on anyone, but I feel like it worsens our chances of getting off the waitlist because there must be a ton of us... :oops:

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby MirandaHobbes » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:43 am

dreaming wrote:Isn't it strange that they seem not to have rejected anyone from hold? I don't wish rejections on anyone, but I feel like it worsens our chances of getting off the waitlist because there must be a ton of us... :oops:


this.

kingsmill
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:49 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby kingsmill » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Hello everyone, Now I belong here too:(

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby danidancer » Mon May 03, 2010 2:24 pm

Submitted my WL form and 3rd LOCI today. Grrrr.

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby MirandaHobbes » Mon May 03, 2010 2:44 pm

have you guys been faxing the WL response form or printing, scanning and e-mailing it?

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Northwestern 2010

Postby danidancer » Mon May 03, 2010 2:51 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:have you guys been faxing the WL response form or printing, scanning and e-mailing it?


I printed, scanned, and emailed, along w/ a scan of a printed and signed LOCI.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”