UC Davis Waitlist 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
zeth006

Re: UC Davis Waitlist 2010

Postby zeth006 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:22 pm

finalaspects wrote:
cali gal wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
cali gal wrote:I emailed mine since Davis said they were going completely electronic with the application process. With that said, I haven't received any acknowledgement of the LOCI. Has anyone else received an acknowledgement after sending an LOCI in?

yes i got an acknowledgement. i'm always surprised how quickly Davis replies to all my emails (fastest among all for me), yet they have one of the more slower overall application processes. who would have thought.

How long did it take to receive a response?

within 24 hours. even responded on a saturday once.

Guess it's time to e-mail mine.

amb123

Postby amb123 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:40 pm

I never received a confirmation email for my loci, and when I called, they said they're too busy to send confirmation emails anymore. They were very rude on the phone, and wouldn't even check to my file to make sure it was there - they simply said, "if you emailed it, we got it and put it in." Loyola said the same thing about my app, and they lost the damn thing (I applied in early december, and still haven't heard anything!).

yo!

Postby yo! » Thu May 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Just a FYI: The second deposit date is June 15th. This deposit will be $500 in addition to the $250 that was already due. It should weed out the people who sent in multiple deposits, so you guys may see some movement. Best of luck to all of you!

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Thu May 20, 2010 9:50 pm

yo! wrote:Just a FYI: The second deposit date is June 15th. This deposit will be $500 in addition to the $250 that was already due. It should weed out the people who sent in multiple deposits, so you guys may see some movement. Best of luck to all of you!

It'll definitely weed a few out. But those who were auto-admitted at Davis but still waiting from T14 are definitely going to drop the second deposit in hopes of snagging that last available seat!

Island Girl

Postby Island Girl » Fri May 21, 2010 10:12 am

zeth006 wrote:
yo! wrote:Just a FYI: The second deposit date is June 15th. This deposit will be $500 in addition to the $250 that was already due. It should weed out the people who sent in multiple deposits, so you guys may see some movement. Best of luck to all of you!

It'll definitely weed a few out. But those who were auto-admitted at Davis but still waiting from T14 are definitely going to drop the second deposit in hopes of snagging that last available seat!

I've been playing the worst case scenario in my head so many times: receiving an acceptance well into the first week of classes. Here's to hoping that if we do get accepted, we have enough time to make the proper arrangements before school officially begins!

...Do you guys think they'll start pulling from the waitlist after June 15?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 am

are they done with regular decisions now? anyone still stuck in review?

Island Girl

Postby Island Girl » Fri May 21, 2010 12:25 pm

Island Girl wrote:I've been playing the worst case scenario in my head so many times: receiving an acceptance well into the first week of classes. Here's to hoping that if we do get accepted, we have enough time to make the proper arrangements before school officially begins!

...Do you guys think they'll start pulling from the waitlist after June 15?

Just realized the worst case scenario would not be getting accepted at all. Just got bitten by the humility bug. :|

finalaspects wrote:are they done with regular decisions now? anyone still stuck in review?

The UC Davis thread seems quiet. But who knows about the other non-TLS users. And then there's a bunch on LSN that are still stuck on pending. But they could also be profiles that haven't been updated yet. Mere speculation here.

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Fri May 21, 2010 4:25 pm

Does anybody think they'll pull anyone off the waitlist before June 15th?

I feel that today must (it should be) their last day of regular admit decisions....
so maybe next week we'll see movement? or is this wishful thinking

RSN_M3

Postby RSN_M3 » Fri May 21, 2010 4:48 pm

lawschoolliberal wrote:Does anybody think they'll pull anyone off the waitlist before June 15th?

I feel that today must (it should be) their last day of regular admit decisions....

I fully anticipate being accepted by the 15th. Not really. IF I'M ACCEPTED: I'll probably just arrive to NC and finish moving in when I receive the e-mail, prompting a drive back from the East Coast to the West :lol: . TX to NC to CA, yea.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri May 21, 2010 5:36 pm

lawschoolliberal wrote:Does anybody think they'll pull anyone off the waitlist before June 15th?

i think its wishful thinking.... :(

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Sat May 22, 2010 2:52 am

finalaspects wrote:

i think its wishful thinking.... :(

Keep a stiff upper lip, people. :D

cali gal

Postby cali gal » Mon May 24, 2010 2:55 pm

Wouldn't it be nice to see movement on the waitlist this week? Then we could go back to compulsively checking our status checkers.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon May 24, 2010 3:01 pm

cali gal wrote:Wouldn't it be nice to see movement on the waitlist this week? Then we could go back to compulsively checking our status checkers.

i wish. i think it'll be after the deposit deadline of June 15th though.

jman77

Postby jman77 » Mon May 24, 2010 3:03 pm

I will be withdrawing today. Hope this helps one of you good folks get in.

Island Girl

Postby Island Girl » Mon May 24, 2010 3:05 pm

jman77 wrote:I will be withdrawing today. Hope this helps one of you good folks get in.

Thank you jman!

jman77

Postby jman77 » Mon May 24, 2010 3:09 pm

Island Girl wrote:
jman77 wrote:I will be withdrawing today. Hope this helps one of you good folks get in.

Thank you jman!

No prob. In the interest of full disclosure, I didn't necessarily want to withdraw, but FinAid essentially told me I wasn't going to get anything in terms of merit aid/grants since I am neither a citizen nor permanent resident. I don't think it makes sense for me to take UCD at sticker over WULS at 95% free, regardless of my preference for staying in Cali.

Good luck!

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Mon May 24, 2010 7:02 pm

When are people going to start checking their status checkers again?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon May 24, 2010 7:09 pm

lawschoolliberal wrote:When are people going to start checking their status checkers again?

i wonder if they will email us directly since they're going all digital. it would suck to check the status every day.

yo!

Postby yo! » Mon May 24, 2010 7:22 pm

jman77 wrote:
Island Girl wrote:

Thank you jman!

No prob. In the interest of full disclosure, I didn't necessarily want to withdraw, but FinAid essentially told me I wasn't going to get anything in terms of merit aid/grants since I am neither a citizen nor permanent resident. I don't think it makes sense for me to take UCD at sticker over WULS at 95% free, regardless of my preference for staying in Cali.

Good luck!

What? No merit aid with those numers? Did you specififally ask them for merit aid?

jman77

Postby jman77 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:29 pm

yo! wrote:
jman77 wrote:
Island Girl wrote:

Thank you jman!

Good luck!

What? No merit aid with those numers? Did you specififally ask them for merit aid?

Yes, I asked them (Financial Aid) and briefly mentioned my scholarship from WULS. Apparently, only citizens and residents qualify for merit aid and/or grants at UC Davis Law and the only option I have is to take out loans. I have been on H-1B since 2007 and have faithfully been paying taxes to the Cali state, but that does not seem to make a difference.

Edit: I don't know if UCD's stance stems from the state of economic affairs in Cali...but Illinois is a state school as well, but the fact that I am not a citizen or permanent resident didn't seem to deter them from offering me a substantial scholarship.

lawschoolliberal

Postby lawschoolliberal » Mon May 24, 2010 7:59 pm

finalaspects wrote:
lawschoolliberal wrote:When are people going to start checking their status checkers again?

i wonder if they will email us directly since they're going all digital. it would suck to check the status every day.

Maybe? But in the past, they updated the status checker first, and then I think students received an email days after being admitted. But who knows this year-so unpredictable

The good news is that I think it's safe to say that UCD is done w/ regular admits, and so far from these threads it looks like there are a couple spots already....So maybe we'll see movement this week.

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:43 pm

lawschoolliberal wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

Maybe? But in the past, they updated the status checker first, and then I think students received an email days after being admitted. But who knows this year-so unpredictable

The good news is that I think it's safe to say that UCD is done w/ regular admits, and so far from these threads it looks like there are a couple spots already....So maybe we'll see movement this week.

I sure hope so! Along with admits, we're also seeing a wave dings on LSN. Check out the wave of recent activity. 2 accepts, 9 dings, and 3 wait-lists within the past week.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue May 25, 2010 10:57 am

zeth006 wrote:
lawschoolliberal wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

I sure hope so! Along with admits, we're also seeing a wave dings on LSN. Check out the wave of recent activity. 2 accepts, 9 dings, and 3 wait-lists within the past week.

nonetheless i think we're waiting until after the june 15th date?

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Tue May 25, 2010 8:04 pm

finalaspects wrote:nonetheless i think we're waiting until after the june 15th date?

If so, then all bets are off!

--ImageRemoved--

jman77

Postby jman77 » Wed May 26, 2010 12:35 pm

Officially relinquished my seat in the Class of 2013. Good luck all.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”