UC Davis Waitlist 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
haider

Re: UC Davis Waitlist 2010

Postby haider » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:09 pm

lawschoolliberal wrote:So folks, I talked to the admissions office today- mainly to find out when entro week begins and also waitlist movement:

They said ento week begins the 16th, and then she went on to tell me that the chances of getting off the waitlist right now are not good at all. So before I said bye, I wanted to know what the reconfirmation email was for, and she said that if they had a last minute drop out then we would be contacted immediately but she felt the need to reiterate that it is very unlikely for any of us to be admitted. She definitely could have been nicer about it but I suppose it's wishful thinking about getting admitted so late in the game.

I have to say I am very disappointed and upset in particular with Davis, because it just seems that they have been stringing us along when they really didn't have to- at least not all of us.

Damn, I kinda froze up when I saw that this thread had moved to the top. Bummer, I thought maybe you had seen some positive movement but instead this is pretty bad news.

I'm kind of disappointed in Davis too. It seems like there could have been a way for them to cut back on the waitlist if they knew the chances were so slim. The way they did it just made for like 4-5 months of waitlist hell.

Thanks for calling though and letting us know what they said though. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

cali gal

Postby cali gal » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:17 pm

lawschoolliberal wrote:So folks, I talked to the admissions office today- mainly to find out when entro week begins and also waitlist movement:

They said ento week begins the 16th, and then she went on to tell me that the chances of getting off the waitlist right now are not good at all. So before I said bye, I wanted to know what the reconfirmation email was for, and she said that if they had a last minute drop out then we would be contacted immediately but she felt the need to reiterate that it is very unlikely for any of us to be admitted. She definitely could have been nicer about it but I suppose it's wishful thinking about getting admitted so late in the game.

I have to say I am very disappointed and upset in particular with Davis, because it just seems that they have been stringing us along when they really didn't have to- at least not all of us.

Well, I guess it's better for us to know now that the chances of us getting off the waitlist are slim rather than being hopeful until the 23rd.

MDangerP

Postby MDangerP » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:28 pm

Hey all,
I followed this tread religiously for the last couple months and it would be cruel of me not to share that I was accepted off the WL last week. I did receive the letter asking for reconfirmation, but I don't think I did anything else different.

good luck to you all and pm if you guys want more details.

dreamz01

Postby dreamz01 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:50 pm

MDangerP wrote:Hey all,
I followed this tread religiously for the last couple months and it would be cruel of me not to share that I was accepted off the WL last week. I did receive the letter asking for reconfirmation, but I don't think I did anything else different.

first off, congratulations! secondly, how did you get contacted and do you mind sharing your numbers? :)

dreamz01

Postby dreamz01 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:55 pm

cali gal wrote:

Well, I guess it's better for us to know now that the chances of us getting off the waitlist are slim rather than being hopeful until the 23rd.

i seriously want to thank you for posting this. i guess it's back to the lsat for me! :S hahaha oh well.

lawman2010

Postby lawman2010 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:17 am

MDangerP wrote:Hey all,

Thanks for the update. I pm'd you some questions.

lawman2010

Postby lawman2010 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Anyone hear anything this week?

dreamz01

Postby dreamz01 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:53 pm

lawman2010 wrote:Anyone hear anything this week?

nope not me :( im sad.

lawman2010

Postby lawman2010 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:38 pm

dreamz01 wrote:
lawman2010 wrote:Anyone hear anything this week?

nope not me :( im sad.

Me neither... and I'm equally melancholy.

dspit

Postby dspit » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:24 pm

I saw this on another thread and had to repost it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

whome

Postby whome » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:13 pm

Hi guys,

I was waitlisted last year and know your pain. All of you that really want to get in, my heart goes out to you! I got in last minute off the waitlist, so there IS hope!

Just some advice - I tried everything last year (multiple extra recs, e-mails, LOCIs, school visits, etc.) and I heard the same things you all did, that its very unlikely that anyone will get in at this point, and even a request to stop sending in documents! But, about a week before school started I sent an e-mail that said that I was committed to going to Davis and if I was accepted, I would definitely go (to which I got an immediate reply of thank you, but we don't know if there is any room for you). A day or two later I was accepted, along with probably about 15 other people...at the very last minute.

Hang in there you guys and make sure admissions knows you would absolutely attend if offered admission! Hope this helps!

dreamz01

Postby dreamz01 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:04 am

whome wrote:Hi guys,

I was waitlisted last year and know your pain. All of you that really want to get in, my heart goes out to you! I got in last minute off the waitlist, so there IS hope!

Just some advice - I tried everything last year (multiple extra recs, e-mails, LOCIs, school visits, etc.) and I heard the same things you all did, that its very unlikely that anyone will get in at this point, and even a request to stop sending in documents! But, about a week before school started I sent an e-mail that said that I was committed to going to Davis and if I was accepted, I would definitely go (to which I got an immediate reply of thank you, but we don't know if there is any room for you). A day or two later I was accepted, along with probably about 15 other people...at the very last minute.

Hang in there you guys and make sure admissions knows you would absolutely attend if offered admission! Hope this helps!

thank you so much for sharing your experience. i hope, pray, and wish this happens to me and several others!

haider

Postby haider » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:48 pm

Any movement for anyone? Intro week starts monday... I thought someone would have seen some movement..

yo!

Postby yo! » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:45 pm

haider wrote:Any movement for anyone? Intro week starts monday... I thought someone would have seen some movement..

Some guy on the FB group just said that he is heading for WUSTL. Maybe this will open a spot for someone.

cali gal

Postby cali gal » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:00 pm

Hmm, do you think that they're still pulling from the WL?

yo!

Postby yo! » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:45 pm

cali gal wrote:Hmm, do you think that they're still pulling from the WL?

I have no idea, but I'd assume that they could admit people up until the end of intro week if they wanted to. Hell, some people might flake during next week, who knows?

Teoeo

Postby Teoeo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:04 pm

its certainly possible guys, stick with it.

dreamz01

Postby dreamz01 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:30 am

Teoeo wrote:its certainly possible guys, stick with it.

This insanely exciting, sad, and plain stressful all at the same time! I cant wait until the final verdict is finally given.

haider

Postby haider » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:51 pm

Dean Pickney said that they are done making offers and that they will send out an offical e-mail on Friday. Why they are waiting until Friday, I have no idea. But there's the info I got.

cali gal

Postby cali gal » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:49 am

haider wrote:Dean Pickney said that they are done making offers and that they will send out an offical e-mail on Friday. Why they are waiting until Friday, I have no idea. But there's the info I got.

Bummer. Anyone care to share there plans now that the the waitlist movement has unofficially ended?

lalalaw07

Postby lalalaw07 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:35 am

Davis would have been amazing. But I started at McGeorge yesterday and I am absolutely loving it. Good luck everyone. Who knows, maybe some last min WL offers will happen.

calgal17

Postby calgal17 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:07 pm

Not to get anyone's hopes up too much, but apparently someone dropped out today to go to another school last minute. So there is some potential for at least one more waitlist offer!

dspit

Postby dspit » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:50 pm

HEY GUYS I JUST GOT OFF THE WAITLIST!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”