Sell me on American

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bowie8285

Re: Sell me on American

Postby bowie8285 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:38 pm

Last edited by bowie8285 on Mon May 10, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:46 pm

GentlemanJim wrote:
FunkyJD wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:ITT many people spout seemingly justified anti-AU hate without considering that the alternative is the University of South Carolina.

There are people who like the state of South Carolina, and wouldn't mind living and practicing there. If OP is such a person, I'm not sure why South Carolina Law isn't a credited response -- especially since he can exploit his contacts there for professional opportunities.

Not everyone wants to chain themselves to the DC monster -- and it's not as if paying a king's ransom to AU offers an extra-special leg up. If OP can enjoy the quality of life he wants as a USC Law grad, God bless him.

It would be hard to quantify the value of my connections in SC here on TLS, but trust me that they're about as solid as you could hope for. I already live and work in DC in the political realm so those connections are already here to stay if I want to come back. SC is definitely an option.

Husband of a friend went to SC, practices in Columbia, weekend house on St. Simons Island, nice family. Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me.

@Matteliszt: I am going to ND, but I am deferring for a year. Very stoked and I hope you end up there so we can have a few beers and see what South Bend is all about. I'm staying in Austin for the next several months, but I will definitely visit/scope out possible places to live this fall.

jetlagz28

Postby jetlagz28 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:50 pm

American enjoys a healthy reputation in D.C and it reaches further than this board gives it credit for. This board is not the place to get assurance on choosing WCL.

I'm a 1L there, great school.

OneKnight

Postby OneKnight » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:54 pm

bowie8285 wrote:wow def read that as sell me an american

I read it as sell me on America. I was about to start lauding baseball and apple pie, but I guess it's not necessary :P

American at sticker ITE is risky, but I'm not sure the OP's numbers should have gotten him/her into a better situation. I think the credited response is to retake, because a 3.3 is not a death knell for an acceptance to a t14 or a t30 with $$ if your LSAT is high enough.

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:56 pm

gdane5 wrote:ITE? Things are going to improve! By the time the current class graduates in 2013, the economy will be much improved. Theres a lot of tunnel vision on TLS and the ITE stuff is a perfect example. Things will improve. Dont be so negative. One reason why the economy hasnt gotten better quicker is because of that kind of thinking. The idea that things are terrible and that investing in big ticket items isnt worth it makes things worse. If people would start spending money and investing again, things would be better.

Best post of the day on TLS.

The depth of knowledge about the economy within this post is staggering! I had no idea that all we had to do was think positively and the economy would fix itself!

You're not Warren Buffett are you?

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:04 pm

gdane5 wrote:ITE? Things are going to improve! By the time the current class graduates in 2013, the economy will be much improved. Theres a lot of tunnel vision on TLS and the ITE stuff is a perfect example. Things will improve. Dont be so negative. One reason why the economy hasnt gotten better quicker is because of that kind of thinking. The idea that things are terrible and that investing in big ticket items isnt worth it makes things worse. If people would start spending money and investing again, things would be better.

You have a future at Goldman Sachs. Someday I'm going to get a call from you trying to sell me on some products. I do not relish this prospect.

Booyah!

--ImageRemoved--

Not-A-Teabagger

Postby Not-A-Teabagger » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:13 pm

FunkyJD wrote:

You have a future at Goldman Sachs. Someday I'm going to get a call from you trying to sell me on some products. I do not relish this prospect.

Booyah!

--ImageRemoved--

Sorry, Gdane, normally I am an advocate of yours, but that does sound exactly like something that Cramer would say. I have to listen to this guy on Morning Joe way more than I should.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”