Where does the ACLU Hire

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jacobt

Where does the ACLU Hire

Postby Jacobt » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:54 am

Does anyone know what schools that are not in the top 14 or so that have great relationships with ACLU. Considering American, Cardozo, Fordham, and Brooklyn now, maybe GW, which I think would be the best from what I have read but not sure there is much difference in the others when it comes to jobs at prestigious national non-profits like the ACLU. I am not interested in big law or corporate law or securities law. But a place like the ACLU sounds interesting. Anyone have any advice or hearsay to offer on this and the schools I have listed? of ACLU hiring practices in general or such?

klussy

Re: Where does the ACLU Hire

Postby klussy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:30 am

/
Last edited by klussy on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

j.wellington

Re: Where does the ACLU Hire

Postby j.wellington » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:05 am

The ACLU typically hires experienced litigators with a history of advocacy work. By the time they get to the ACLU they're much more known for what they've done than where they got their degree. They have interns, but besides that I don't think you're going to get a job with them right out of school, and and it's even less likely in New York or DC if that's what you're looking for. If you're really interested in going that route, your best bet is to start volunteering and getting involved with your campus chapter.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”