Stanford Waitlist 2010!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
KG_CalGuy

Bronze

Re: Stanford Waitlist 2010!!!

Post by KG_CalGuy » Fri May 21, 2010 10:19 pm

jumping on here to track the movement. About to put down some money for housing elsewhere but I'm still hoping for a call from SLS before I get too far in.

pleasepickme

Bronze

Post by pleasepickme » Tue May 25, 2010 5:19 pm

HOLY SHIT!!!! IN TODAY!!!!! DEAN DEAL CALLED AROUND NOON CENTRAL TIME!!!!

Withdrawing from Harvard tomorrow. This has always been my dream school. I'm on cloud nine!

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Tue May 25, 2010 5:34 pm

pleasepickme wrote:HOLY SHIT!!!! IN TODAY!!!!! DEAN DEAL CALLED AROUND NOON CENTRAL TIME!!!!

Withdrawing from Harvard tomorrow. This has always been my dream school. I'm on cloud nine!
Congrats! Super jealous, but good job! Do you mind sharing your numbers? If you don't want to post them publicly would you mind sending me a PM? I just want to compare.

Again, congrats!

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Tue May 25, 2010 6:52 pm

pleasepickme wrote:HOLY SHIT!!!! IN TODAY!!!!! DEAN DEAL CALLED AROUND NOON CENTRAL TIME!!!!

CONGRATS! Terrific news that folks are starting to hear.

Welcome to the family! :)

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Tue May 25, 2010 7:36 pm

Wow this is way earlier than I thought... Congrats!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pleasepickme

Bronze

Post by pleasepickme » Tue May 25, 2010 7:56 pm

Hey-O wrote:

Congrats! Super jealous, but good job! Do you mind sharing your numbers? If you don't want to post them publicly would you mind sending me a PM? I just want to compare.

Again, congrats!
3.98/176. I also recently sent both a LOCI and an additional LOR. I'm pretty sure the LOR was what made the difference

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Wed May 26, 2010 7:17 am

pleasepickme wrote:
Hey-O wrote:

Again, congrats!
3.98/176. I also recently sent both a LOCI and an additional LOR. I'm pretty sure the LOR was what made the difference
How long ago did you send them in?

pleasepickme

Bronze

Post by pleasepickme » Wed May 26, 2010 4:09 pm

doinmybest wrote:
pleasepickme wrote:
Hey-O wrote:

Again, congrats!
How long ago did you send them in?
LOCI sent with the "please keep me on your waitlist" form, which I sent in around April 18. LOR sent sometime around May 14, although I don't know the exact date since my recommender sent it.

War Cardinal

New

Post by War Cardinal » Wed May 26, 2010 4:16 pm

Congratulations!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Wed May 26, 2010 8:38 pm

pleasepickme wrote:
Hey-O wrote:

Again, congrats!
Was the LOR from a Stanford alum?

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Thu May 27, 2010 12:11 pm

Sent in a LOCI yesterday, just a simple note in the body of an email telling them that I still want to go there.

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Thu May 27, 2010 7:11 pm

Congrats pleasepickme (I guess the username worked)! As Kretzy said, welcome to the family :D

Best of luck to the rest of you!

smov_operator

Bronze

Post by smov_operator » Thu May 27, 2010 7:31 pm

I finally settled on a school. Withdrawing from Stanford to go to Harvard. That means that there is definitely still hope for you waitlistees. I wish you guys the very best!!!

Kretzy, I'm glad I got to meet you at least once. :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Thu May 27, 2010 11:16 pm

smov_operator wrote:I finally settled on a school. Withdrawing from Stanford to go to Harvard. That means that there is definitely still hope for you waitlistees. I wish you guys the very best!!!
:mrgreen: This is what I like to see :mrgreen: Thanks for the good wishes and good luck at Harvard. :)

Stevo438

New

Post by Stevo438 » Sat May 29, 2010 12:19 pm

Best of luck, smov_operator--hope you have a good three years. While I'm neither SLS nor HLS bound (Sadly! I wish I were!), I personally know 3 people currently deposited at HLS and who are dying to get into Stanford Law off the waitlist. (I'm a senior in college, and two of them are classmates, the other was a year ahead of me and has been out a year.) They realize they're long-shots at this point for SLS, but they are all still very much holding out hope. None (at least to my knowledge) posts here, so here's a very small bit of encouraging news I can pass on to each of them!

pleasepickme

Bronze

Post by pleasepickme » Sat May 29, 2010 1:27 pm

Hey-O wrote:
pleasepickme wrote:
Hey-O wrote:

Again, congrats!
Was the LOR from a Stanford alum?
Nope, from a professor that just came to my college this year. He couldn't send a letter in the fall since we'd just started working together, but he taught 5 of my classes this year and advised my thesis. He was really able to speak to my drive, abilities, and personality significantly better than any of my previous recommenders. I'm pretty sure that made the difference.

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Mon May 31, 2010 1:02 pm

all is quiet again on the Stanford waitlist front

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:44 pm

Anyone want to indulge in baseless speculation? Do you think that early movement of the waitlist means that there are a lot of wait lists spots and they want to start filling them early? Or...do you think it means that they have just heard early from everyone and have very few spots to fill?

War Cardinal

New

Post by War Cardinal » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:46 pm

swampthang wrote:To paraphrase ex-Dean Sullivan, "Welcome to purgatory in paradise!"
I suppose, then, that Yale is paradise in purgatory.

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:58 pm

Hey-O wrote:Anyone want to indulge in baseless speculation? Do you think that early movement of the waitlist means that there are a lot of wait lists spots and they want to start filling them early? Or...do you think it means that they have just heard early from everyone and have very few spots to fill?
The way this cycle has been, it may be the latter... However, I'll just hope for the best.

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Hey-O wrote:Anyone want to indulge in baseless speculation? Do you think that early movement of the waitlist means that there are a lot of wait lists spots and they want to start filling them early? Or...do you think it means that they have just heard early from everyone and have very few spots to fill?
to our knowledge, they have only filled one spot. This person sent in what sounds like a very good LOR. I think based on this LOR, they decided to snatch up the person early as they knew they had at least one spot to fill. Who knows what is to come for the rest of us waitlisters though....

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pandaexpress

New

Post by pandaexpress » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:56 pm

I was just at sls today; I heard that dean deal is out of the office this week, so I wouldn't expect any action this week.

swampthang

Bronze

Post by swampthang » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:30 am

pandaexpress wrote:I was just at sls today; I heard that dean deal is out of the office this week, so I wouldn't expect any action this week.
Amidst the incessant stream of rumors and speculation, THAT is some pretty useful information.

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:13 pm

swampthang wrote:
pandaexpress wrote:I was just at sls today; I heard that dean deal is out of the office this week, so I wouldn't expect any action this week.
Amidst the incessant stream of rumors and speculation, THAT is some pretty useful information.
she could call us from her hammock in Hawaii....

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:53 pm

adameus wrote:
swampthang wrote:
she could call us from her hammock in Hawaii....
I hope she is reviewing my application while in Hawaii. It would put her in a good mood.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”