Dress at Admitted "Receptions"

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MeredithGrey

Dress at Admitted "Receptions"

Postby MeredithGrey » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:25 am

If we have an admitted reception at a law firm, what is the dress code supposed to be for those? (for a woman :) )

Thanks

r6_philly

Re: Dress at Admitted "Receptions"

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:35 am

MeredithGrey wrote:If we have an admitted reception at a law firm, what is the dress code supposed to be for those? (for a woman :) )

Thanks

I went to one in NYC with jeans and a button down shirt. Looks like people who came from work are in business clothes and the rest are presentable casual. People drank alcohol and had a good time so I don't think it was that important.

totebags

Postby totebags » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:49 pm

I went to one that was supposed to be "business casual," but everybody was dressed in cocktail party attire. I felt like I stuck out.

(I'm a woman.)

Whitters

Postby Whitters » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:21 pm

I always wear a blouse and a black skirt or black pants. That way you are right in the middle, and won't look too over or under dressed.

lastMinuteGuy

Postby lastMinuteGuy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:08 pm

I went to a Mich one right after work so I was in business casual. Most of the admits seemed to be the same, though there were a few in jeans and a button down, etc. I think as long as you don't show up in sweatpants or something I think you'll be fine.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”